[APP] "Skype on 3" mod (Australia, Italy, Denmark, Austria, Sweden...)

Search This thread

MacGyver88

Jul 7, 2010
Sorry pal, this does not work for me. I'm in Italy with a 3 USIM. It does not connect on WiFi or 3G. It just says "Error" after trying to log me in for about one minute.

dawmuz

May 3, 2009
Dublin
Sorry pal, this does not work for me. I'm in Italy with a 3 USIM. It does not connect on WiFi or 3G. It just says "Error" after trying to log me in for about one minute.
It seems to work well for a lot of Italians!?!? :confused:
A few guesses:
1. This service will not work over wifi. Have your wifi switched off and make sure you have good 3G reception when connecting.
2. If you are on pre-pay, you might need to top up your account to enable Skype Service.
3. What APN are you using? Try and change your APN to just "3".

sion

Aug 31, 2005
London
www.itbloke.net
Help, back to square one again:

Dear all,

Fantastic Thread, finally a thread that is purely about my favourite app, been using the 3 Skype app perfectly for two years now, originally on my Nokia E66, and then on my Google/Nexus One, Now, having just upgraded my phone to Google Android 2.2 Froyo and my 3 Mobile Skype app to version:

3UKSkype_0.10.0.12_hutch_live.apk

and now although the app software installs fine and starts to load, when you go to log in you get this messages,

The Application Skype on 3
(process com.skype.android.threeUK)
has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

The app has worked fantastically well on my Nexus One to this point even better than on my Nokia, but not now.

I have also checked the error message from ddms and this is what it is saying:

07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): FATAL EXCEPTION: Thread-22
07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): java.lang.NumberFormatException: be64ce66491ec9ea
07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): at java.lang.Long.parse(Long.java:367)
07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:354)
07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): at java.lang.Long.valueOf(Long.java:682)
07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): at com.skype.android.threeUK.d.p(Unknown Source)
07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): at com.skype.a.a.a.s.f(Unknown Source)
07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): at com.skype.a.a.a.a.d(Unknown Source)
07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): at com.skype.a.a.a.a.c(Unknown Source)
07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): at com.skype.a.a.a.a.a(Unknown Source)
07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): at com.skype.a.a.a.x.run(Unknown Source)

I don't know if that clears it up any more, I am first to admit that this is all getting a little over my head but I am prepared to learn to get this great app back.

To this end I have written an E Mail to David Kerrigan the Internet Services Director at 3 Mobile, but in the mean time, have any of you chaps got any idea's how I can get around this prob and get my beloved and money saving Skype app running again,

Best Wishes and Hi Hopes ~ Ashe.

dawmuz

May 3, 2009
Dublin
Dear all,

Fantastic Thread, finally a thread that is purely about my favourite app, been using the 3 Skype app perfectly for two years now, originally on my Nokia E66, and then on my Google/Nexus One, Now, having just upgraded my phone to Google Android 2.2 Froyo and my 3 Mobile Skype app to version:

3UKSkype_0.10.0.12_hutch_live.apk

and now although the app software installs fine and starts to load, when you go to log in you get this messages,

The Application Skype on 3
(process com.skype.android.threeUK)
has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

The app has worked fantastically well on my Nexus One to this point even better than on my Nokia, but not now.

I have also checked the error message from ddms and this is what it is saying:

07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): FATAL EXCEPTION: Thread-22
07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): java.lang.NumberFormatException: be64ce66491ec9ea
07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): at java.lang.Long.parse(Long.java:367)
07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:354)
07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): at java.lang.Long.valueOf(Long.java:682)
07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): at com.skype.android.threeUK.d.p(Unknown Source)
07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): at com.skype.a.a.a.s.f(Unknown Source)
07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): at com.skype.a.a.a.a.d(Unknown Source)
07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): at com.skype.a.a.a.a.c(Unknown Source)
07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): at com.skype.a.a.a.a.a(Unknown Source)
07-04 14:16:47.407: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1555): at com.skype.a.a.a.x.run(Unknown Source)

I don't know if that clears it up any more, I am first to admit that this is all getting a little over my head but I am prepared to learn to get this great app back.

To this end I have written an E Mail to David Kerrigan the Internet Services Director at 3 Mobile, but in the mean time, have any of you chaps got any idea's how I can get around this prob and get my beloved and money saving Skype app running again,

Best Wishes and Hi Hopes ~ Ashe.

It seems that a lot of people are having this problem with 3UK Skype and froyo.
I really don't think that 3 are going to help you there as you didn't get ur Nexus One from them, did you? It looks like you are going to have to wait until they rebuild the apk in 2.2 SDK. That is unlikely to happen until they start selling 2.2 phones. The only thing I could do for you is adapt an Iskoot for 3UK?

sion

Aug 31, 2005
London
www.itbloke.net
Hey thanks for the reply, very much appreciated, just to let you know that me and the team at IT Bloke Ltd, got 3 Nexus Ones from 3 Mobile to test and run with, as the desire was not available and we love them, so you could say that we have the only 3, official 3 Mobile Nexus one's in the country, or at least to my knowledge. To be fair there is very little difference between the Nexus One and the desire, and the 3 Mobile won't run on a Froyo upgraded one of those either.

We did also manage to get a reply off David Kerrigan over at three, however as you suggested they are currently testing Froyo, LOL, and we will have to wait till it is available on upgrade from them before they will release and update of the App, although he did confirm that it was only a singing issue in the client.

However I would dearly love to test a 3 orientated version of the iskoot client if you ever produce one for the UK, really hope that you have some success with producing it as their are a lot of upset people out there at this moment in time, all they wanted was Froyo and had to loose the functianlity of their skype app toget it.

Hope to hear from you soon with some news about the iskoot version.

Kind Regards and Best wishes, Ashe

dawmuz

May 3, 2009
Dublin
However I would dearly love to test a 3 orientated version of the iskoot client if you ever produce one for the UK, really hope that you have some success with producing it as their are a lot of upset people out there at this moment in time, all they wanted was Froyo and had to loose the functianlity of their skype app toget it.

Hope to hear from you soon with some news about the iskoot version.

Kind Regards and Best wishes, Ashe

I've added it to the first post. It should work fine.

MacGyver88

Jul 7, 2010
It seems to work well for a lot of Italians!?!? :confused:
A few guesses:
1. This service will not work over wifi. Have your wifi switched off and make sure you have good 3G reception when connecting.
2. If you are on pre-pay, you might need to top up your account to enable Skype Service.
3. What APN are you using? Try and change your APN to just "3".

1. I'm not over Wifi, and my 3G connection is very good.
2. I am on pre-pay, but my internet plan includes 600 minutes of free Skype calls, so I think it is enabled already,
3. I'm on the 3 APN: tre.it

dawmuz

May 3, 2009
Dublin
2. I am on pre-pay, but my internet plan includes 600 minutes of free Skype calls, so I think it is enabled already,

1. What phone and rom are you using?
2. When did u download the apk from here (the first ITA apk I had posted didn't work).
3. Have you tried changing your APN to "3" instead of "tre.it"? It's an APN that also works.

dawmuz

May 3, 2009
Dublin
Hey,

Just wondering can u make one for wifi users?? I am using Xperia X10.

Thanx
Are you on the 3 network? This is a free service and it doesn't charge your data plan. It will not work over wifi.
That sounds amazing.Any chance you could mod it for 3 in Greece?
Super geil, please for singapore as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no 3 network in either Greece or Singapore.

geri13

Oct 20, 2007

1. What phone and rom are you using?
2. When did u download the apk from here (the first ITA apk I had posted didn't work).
3. Have you tried changing your APN to "3" instead of "tre.it"? It's an APN that also works.

Hi, thanky very much for this great job. Here in Italy on my Htc Tattoo works great but for the first time i had to wait like 15min till it logged in and i have your same pre-payed plan.

sion

Aug 31, 2005
London
www.itbloke.net
It seems that a lot of people are having this problem with 3UK Skype and froyo.
I really don't think that 3 are going to help you there as you didn't get ur Nexus One from them, did you? It looks like you are going to have to wait until they rebuild the apk in 2.2 SDK. That is unlikely to happen until they start selling 2.2 phones. The only thing I could do for you is adapt an Iskoot for 3UK?
Hey, Fantastic Man, just downloaded and installed and it is working fine better than ever on my Nexus One with Froyo, shame 3 Mobile cannot be as quick of the mark with such a simple mod, my skype address is itbloke, if you want to confirm it lol. Just one query though, did you use the "free" 3 Mobile skype access number in the mode so that it gives you the free calls, I would have presumed that you would have done, but just interested, will have to check if it is eating my minutes on my next call.

However I have just received a reply back from David Carrigan over at 3 Mobile and indeed they are looking into it, however now that I can tell him that I have it working already using the iSkoot app, I can tell him to pull his finger out and get it sorted LOL, it's like the vodafone and Froyo thing, just to smaller thing to generate bad word of mouth publicity over, and I presume this one a pretty easy mod.

Anyhow, fantastic job and many thanks this will keep me going now until 3 release there official Froyo enable skype app and Skype eventually get around to releasing there official client, I shall have it all one day I promise you, LOL, only problem is then, they will release Ginger and me being my greedy self, it will be back to the drawing board, or maybe just your iskoot app again, will publish the reply from David @ 3 in a new post so we all know where we are.

Kind Regards & Best Wishes ~ Ashe
http://www.itbloke.net

Last edited:

dawmuz

May 3, 2009
Dublin
Just one query though, did you use the "free" 3 Mobile skype access number in the mode so that it gives you the free calls, I would have presumed that you would have done, but just interested, will have to check if it is eating my minutes on my next call.
Use it and enjoy! It should work the same way as the official app.
However I have just received a reply back from David Carrigan over at 3 Mobile and indeed they are looking into it, however now that I can tell him that I have it working already using the iSkoot app, I can tell him to pull his finger out and get it sorted LOL
Do not tell 3 what you are using, they will plug the loophole so many of us are exploiting! It is NOT in their interest to have a lot of people jamming their servers and not paying for it.

sion

Aug 31, 2005
London
www.itbloke.net
RE: iSkoot UK test,

Greetings Blokes and Blokettes,

Fantastic just made a twenty minute call to a skype user in Holland on his laptop from a late night bar on my Nexus and it did not touch my free stretch mins at all, fantastic.

Will keep it hush-hush as regards 3, sorry as a legit customer, did not realise that there was a way of shall we say maximising skypes usage on other networks, have made and not paid for skype calls from my handsets for so long, that I forgot that other people have to, LOL, (I brought the first skype phone before there was a software solution on 3), better now that I only carry one really decent phone.

But once again thanks for this maximum effort on sorting our a real cool solution for us all, I deeply appreciate it and I am sure some one will second me in this thanks.

Kind Regards - Ashe

sion

Aug 31, 2005
London
www.itbloke.net
Reply from 3 about Skype App.

Here is the Reply that I got from David Kerrigan over @ 3 Mobile in case anyone is interested, kind of looks quite hopeful, please feel free to copy it elsware in the blog just so other XDA,ers now we know where we are at with the Apps update, :D

XO, XO ~ Ashe

Hi Ashe

Glad to hear you're still enjoying Skype, and once again many thanks for all the support with our previous and current promotions.

However, as Froyo is only just being released onto our devices, we have not yet updated and tested the app with Skype for 2.2 compatibility. We are of course working with Skype as we speak to make this happen as soon as is possible.

As ever, we would not recommend customers to upgrade their software to versions not tested by three if they wish to retain the applications we provide, however rest assured we should have this solved and re-released within a couple of weeks so sit tight chap, it won't be long

Best Wishes, Dave Kerrigan

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    <<<H3G network only>>>
    three_logo_cyan_bg.gif

Are you on the 3 network outside of UK?
    Got an android phone and can't avail of your 4000 free skype minutes p/m as there is no Skype on 3 apk available where you are?

There is no Skype on 3 apk here in Ireland [Edit: 3IRL have just released their Skype on 3 app (attached)] and, as far as I know, no app in Oz, Italy, Sweden, Austria...and wherever else Hutchinson 3G operates!

These modded Iskoot apks are for 3Australia, 3Italy, 3Denmark, 3Austria, 3Sweden & 3Hong Kong (attached to this post). Simply install it, no root or adb needed. You are now able to make your free skype calls! Please test and report in this thread.

If there is interest from elsewhere, I will tweak it for your country too, just post a request here.

There are a couple of things I should mention:
    1. The apk will drain your battery fast as it constantly connects to server.
    2. It does not refresh the connection properly, so after you have made a skype call your received calls get routed through Iskoot servers, costing you skype credit on received calls.

Here's how you can make it work 100% flawlessly for you:
    1. In the Iskoot apk - check "Sign in automatically".
    2. Leave the "receive calls" box unchecked.
    3. Install "Setting Profiles Lite" (free) from the market. Link here
    4. In Setting Profiles Lite - Go to rules > press menu button > new rule > add condition > shedule period.
    3. Set "On for 2 min every 45 minutes".
    4. Add action > run application > "Skype".
    5. "Do on rule enter - Start App"; "Do on rule exit - Kill App". >>[edit: "Kill App" feature doesn't seem to work in froyo]
    6. Done.

This will autostart the app every 45 min, letting it run for 2 min, then kill it. Received calls will be free and still get pushed to your phone, even when the app's been killed (you will always show as online to your Skype contacts). Whenever you need to make a call - just start the app manually, then kill it with your task killer when you're done. Your battery consupmtion will hardly even be affected. Enjoy!

Regards,
    dawmuz

<<<
    italy-flag.gif
    - A guide in Italian, thanks to Gx3!>>>