[ROM][Nightly][ICS] Team Eos European 3G (GSM) Nightlies (umts_everest/MZ601)

Search This thread

niwa2

Jan 5, 2008
Hi guys,

I'm currently running EOS Wingray on my MZ601, and wondering is there any benefit to switching to the umts_Everest version, apart from the GSM capability? As I'm not likely to use GSM for the forseable future is it just the same as the wingray version?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

i am in the same situation, but i switched to the umts_everest build some time ago.
because this build is capable of controlling the radio you can turn it off completely by putting it in flight mode. this saves some battery. my standby current went from 12mA on wingray back to 2mA which i was used to under HC .
so i would recommend switching to this build just for thepowersavings. the rest is the same.

Reactions: dsbnz

dsbnz

Sep 30, 2009
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
1 question, is it possible to switch off just 3g? I remember the honeycomb stock rom I had when I got the Xoom, would always prompt for sim card after a reboot. Was really annoying.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GDT

Mar 22, 2007
Bologna
In the mean time I downloaded both of them. Taked a look at changelog and seems like nightly has some more things inside...

solarnz

Retired Recognized Developer
May 23, 2010
Sydney
Reactions: Yamaraj

Yamaraj

Feb 23, 2011
Literally at the top of this page.

#24 = Pre 1.0
#25 = 1.0 (not published as #25)
#26 = Nightly based on 1.0 - but has no changes apart from the build display id from 1.0

Good work there, solarnz! I hope you'll integrate touch-wake soon.

Is anyone porting the new touch Clockwordmod recovery to Xoom? That would offload a lot of strain on the power and volume rocker buttons.

niwa2

Jan 5, 2008
i am still trying to figure out the NTFS auto mount.
if i format a 2GB microSD card to NTFS, put it into a card reader and connect it to the xoom then ntfs auto mount is working fine.
if i connect my 16GB usb stick which is also formated to ntfs, then this stick is not auto mounted. i can hit the button to mount the drive in the android settings, but nothing seems to happen.
Connecting a 320GB external drive which is also formated in ntfs results in the same behavior like the 16GB usb stick.

so is there some size limitation for ntfs automount or am i doing something wrong?

alex_72gr

Sep 23, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 Plus
i am still trying to figure out the NTFS auto mount.
if i format a 2GB microSD card to NTFS, put it into a card reader and connect it to the xoom then ntfs auto mount is working fine.
if i connect my 16GB usb stick which is also formated to ntfs, then this stick is not auto mounted. i can hit the button to mount the drive in the android settings, but nothing seems to happen.
Connecting a 320GB external drive which is also formated in ntfs results in the same behavior like the 16GB usb stick.

so is there some size limitation for ntfs automount or am i doing something wrong?

Try drive mount I think that it work better with the latest version
No need for busybody already inegrated

niwa2

Jan 5, 2008
Try drive mount I think that it work better with the latest version
No need for busybody already inegrated

drive mount needs to be fixed for ics. it keeps fc'ing.

the devs are working on it. there are a couple commits regarding ntfs automount which will make it into the next nightly. lets see if that improves the situation.

Last edited:

zen15

Jan 18, 2010
Jakarta
drive mount needs to be fixed for ics. it keeps fc'ing.

the devs are working on it. there are a couple commits regarding ntfs automount which will make it into the next nightly. lets see if that improves the situation.

Yes.... Hope their solve the problem...
This rom is awesome, problems only mounting ntfs, else working fine...

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

niwa2

Jan 5, 2008
Why use NTFS as you also can use FAT32 ?

FAT has for example a 4GB file size limt. especially if you want to watch HD movies this can be a dealbreaker.
because of this limit i format my external drives and my 16GB usb stick in ntfs. sometimes i just want to copy some pictures or other files using my xoom and would like to connect such a ntfs formated drive.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team EOS XOOM​
    ICS 4.0.4 umts_everest MZ601​
    NIGHTLIES​

Welcome to the evolution of TiamatXOOM.

With the AOSP release of Android 4.0 begins the next dawn of the Android operating system. And with this release comes Team EOS, the natural evolution of the TiamatXOOM development team.

It is the goal of Team EOS to develop and maintain the highest performing and most stable AOSP based rom for an array of platforms. The launching point for this development effort is the Motorola XOOM.

For the latest news on Team EOS Xoom releases make sure you follow @teameos on twitter and on IRC on Freenode in #xoom.

--
    NOTE: Team EOS, it’s members, friends, dogs, cats, and associates are in no way responsible for any loss of data or device functionality. Use this at your own risk!
    --

A quick note on Nightlies: NIGHTLIES ARE DEVELOPMENT BUILDS. They are automatically generated once every 24 hours and represent the compilation of the latest commits to the code repository. While every effort is made ensure that the commits that are accepted are stable and do not have a negative impact to the overall performance and function of the builds it is not possible to test every aspect of a commits impact to the overall repo prior to it’s inclusion in a given build. As a result it is entirely possible that instabilities may be introduced as a result of a given days commits. That is the nature of the nightly system, and the risk that is taken using the latest code changes to the project.

EOS Xoom is an AOSP based rom. It is developed and maintained by Team EOS and is the culmination of our own in house development efforts.

Team EOS Xoom Nightly builds: http://goo-inside.me/devs/teameos/roms/nightlies/umts_everest/

G-Apps Package
    Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included in the base rom. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the base rom:

Use the latest available gapps package available from http://goo.im/gapps

*Note - You will need to re-flash G-Apps after you flash an updated nightly build. You can do this before you reboot after the installation of a new nightly.
    Also note that if you are coming from an earlier G-Apps package you will need to wipe prior to installation of this package in order to avoid FC issues.

--

Current Known Issues:
    The signal cluster doesn't show the correct connection type.

Features:
    Because these are nightly builds the included features are constantly evolving. Change logs are generally generated on a daily basis.
    Change logs can be viewed at http://nightlies.teameos.org/changelogs/
    For the most up to date and comprehensive listing of the changes included in this rom please visit http://review.teameos.org

Kernel:
    Tiamat ICS Xoom kernel
    Support for OC;Under/Overvolt
    Governors: lagfree, interactive, conservative, ondemand, userspace, performance

Kernel Note: In compliance with GPL kernel source can be found at: http://git.tiamat-dev.com/tegra2/tiamat-xoom/

--

Installation Notes:
    These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery (Solarnz R4c, Rogue, Clockwork)
    Perform a full wipe (read Factory Reset) prior to installing this over ANY Honeycomb based rom (this includes all Tiamat roms)

Please note that due to fundamental changes Google has made to the way Android works there are certain issues that cannot be resolved without additional components from Google and the hardware manufacturers.

BUGS!
    If you find strange or otherwise unexplained errors please report them here: https://bugs.teameos.org/ Please include logcats and as thorough a description of the issue and what lead up to the issue as possible. With out this we will be unable to track down these errors.

FEATURE REQUESTS!
    We need YOU, yes YOU to help us build the best AOSP rom out there. Have an idea for a feature you want to see implemented then let us know!
    Team EOS Feature Request

Changing the Stock Motorola Dual Core Boot Logo Splash Screen:
    While not a necessary feature of the Team EOS ICS builds make sure you check out the Team EOS Motorola Xoom Boot splash utility in the Android Market:

EOS Motorola Xoom Boot Splash

Want to contribute to the Eos rom? Well you can!
    Just follow http://teameos.org/?page_id=6 to checkout our source code, and information on how to submit changes for review.

Welcome to the XOOM evolved. Welcome to Team EOS.

Special thanks to ydaraishy. Without his/her help, we would currently not have this rom.
    WTF? The one most abandoned by Motorola gets abandoned here too?

So we cant hope for a jb mz601??

Gesendet von meinem MZ601 mit Tapatalk

Christ, don't all get your panties in a bunch at the same time!

Yes, there were some abandoned patches in gerrit. Does this mean that I've abandoned support for your device? NO.

I will be working on getting stingray_cdma working first. It is likely that the changes I make to get this working will have a flow on effect to umts_everest.
    What will not help is *****ing and whining in this thread.
    Some people seem to thing they're entitled to having EOS on their device. Let me remind you that if I dropped support for this device it would have no consequences for me. I'm not paid to work on EOS, I do it for enjoyment. If I'm no longer enjoying it, then why should I bother?

Last but not least, remember, things take time. Jelly Bean has been out for less than a week, and all of us in Team Eos have other commitments that sometimes take precedence over working on the rom.
    82 is out, no changelog but is JB 4.1.1 !!!

It's been pulled.
    There will be a JellyBean thread when it is ready for use.

Edit: I know you guys are excited for JellyBean, however please remember a few things.
    - Wingray builds will work on your device, just without any 3g connectivity
    - Things take time. There are no developers for umts_everest, and we don't have easy access to the device, so debugging and progress is slow
    - The rom isn't the highest priority in our lives - we're not paid to produce it.

Take care.

P.S please don't ask for an eta.
    New google apps - 10.5
    no wipe required.

commit 4815c4eb68419d1b61f7aff34264fd214e1ff25f
    Date: Thu Feb 2 17:41:29 2012 +1100

Revert to v9 Google Backup Transport.

commit 9f7bff275dbc90227b725ed57b9064739d07df70
    Date: Thu Feb 2 17:42:25 2012 +1100

Update Music2.apk to the latest version.

commit 12d27c47729cd7261b72123c7926e27778638f5c
    Date: Thu Feb 2 21:11:44 2012 +1100

Bring in more google applications to the data partition

- Moved Google Books from /system to /data

New applications included:
    - Google Currents
    - Google+
    - Google Maps
    - Google Street View
    Here too... I can't instal latest nightly too, without full wipe so I switched back to 1.0.0 release for now (which has deep sleep issue too)

I believe I have found the source off all the wifi sleep issues. As it stands now, wifi is completely borked imo. Should have issues fixed shortly.