The best in-ear headphones with remote control

Search This thread

CitizenLee

Aug 21, 2009
Aberdeen
Sorry to grave dig this thread, but just quick post to let you know Nocs have updated their range and the NS400 now come in an Android variant, the NS400U-001:

http://www.nocs.se/collections/all/products/ns400-universal-flat-cable

The reviews on the original NS400 were nothing short of excellent (esp for the price) so I've just ordered a set myself.

If anyone is interested I will report back once they arrive and I've burned them in ;)

dougrb

Aug 11, 2008
NYC
Sorry to grave dig this thread, but just quick post to let you know Nocs have updated their range and the NS400 now come in an Android variant, the NS400U-001:

http://www.nocs.se/collections/all/products/ns400-universal-flat-cable

The reviews on the original NS400 were nothing short of excellent (esp for the price) so I've just ordered a set myself.

If anyone is interested I will report back once they arrive and I've burned them in ;)

Where did you get these from? B&H says they're discontinued, and Amazon only has one pair from some random seller, and they're used. Why must it be so hard to find decent headphones with full music control for Android devices?

Doug

fez vrasta

Nov 19, 2009
Monza
I use Beats Tour w/ Control Talk and are awesome. Some problem with Jelly Bean and the control talk shortcut but I've solved it, I've remapped the headset button as "next song" button and used it with Headset Button app.

techcontrol

Sep 28, 2011
Cedar Grove

T3nd3rB33£

Feb 27, 2012
Sony MH1C rules! rew ff stop play vol + and - and excelent sound quality.

I've bought Sony Ericsson MH1-BL's and i cant get them to work with my hox, the sound is terrible unless i press and hold in the button between the volume keys and then the sound is really good. Also neither the volume or return buttons work at all. i searched on here to see what the problem could be, whether it was down to the hox or me not using the correct settings etc because the description said that the Sony Ericsson MH1-BL was developed for android, maybe not eh?

rib king

Aug 20, 2012
I don't understand why a three button, pause/play volume up/down headphone is so scarce for Android and so plentiful for iPhone, and that this hasn't been standardized as part of a hardware spec for Android. This sort of thing doesn't help the consumer or the OS.

forster

Feb 6, 2010
Dear Friends, i read 2-3 the forum topics about headphones. and still didnt find an answer. Here it goes, im looking for a headphones(really?), controls applied. Now i made my self a list of interesting earphones:

1, Sony 1264-5582 MW600 Hi-Fi Wireless Headset with FM Radio - Retail Packaging
2. NOCS NS200H-001 NS200 3.5mm Earphone
3. Klipsch S4a
3. Klipsch Image S4i Premium
4. LG Tone Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset
5. Sony 1262-3330 Smart Headset with SmartKey Control Wired
6. JayBird JF3
6. beats tour (in the list in sake of completeness)
Now i will be using them for jazz, classical, and some rock/blues music. Overall quality, sound quality/ear fitting/noise cancellation/answering the call is main objective. I want to spend maximum 70$ including shipping in the US. In a case of bluetooth device charging adapter is the main concern, as i dont want to use xy charging adapters. i cant make a choice between these 7 items.

Any advice is highly appreciated!
Please help!

Thank you!!

Haggissen

Jan 17, 2013
www.facebook.com
Well, I have a question regarding this...

I have actually bought the a-Jays one+, but they are completely useless as far as "remote controlling" goes on Android 4.1...

NOT happy to find that out after installing the Jays app!

If ANYONE has any advice on what headphones that sound ok, AND will let me control volume and take calls, I will be VERY grateful!!

I mean, seriously, this was something my old Nokia headsets could do, but its not possible on an Android device in 2013!?

Huey85

Dec 29, 2006
Melbourne

I have actually bought the a-Jays one+, but they are completely useless as far as "remote controlling" goes on Android 4.1...

If ANYONE has any advice on what headphones that sound ok, AND will let me control volume and take calls, I will be VERY grateful!!

Install Headset Button Controller app.. Works perfectly fine for my a-jays one+

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Haggissen

Jan 17, 2013
www.facebook.com
Great tip. I tried googling it earlier, but found no info on whether or not it would work in Android 4.1. The Jays headphone app did not. But if you can confirm that they work with Headset Controller App in android 4.1, then I'll go get my jays back from my gf :p

Yadash

Nov 25, 2012

I mean, seriously, this was something my old Nokia headsets could do, but its not possible on an Android device in 2013!?

Bose mie2i awesome quality, amazingly comfortable, bass is lacking a bit
Shure SE 215's amazing quality, sound comes out brilliantly, about 30 quid cheaper than the cheapest bose but no volume control and call taking
The old HTC headsets had suprisingly good sound quality for stock headsets and could take calls and control music

liorderei

Apr 14, 2011
OnePlus 8
hi guys, didn't want to spam the forum so i decided to post here,
i'm looking for in a good in-ear headphone for running (that sticks to your ear and wont drop..) the ones that come with hox pretty bad for this task..

Huey85

Dec 29, 2006
Melbourne
hi guys, didn't want to spam the forum so i decided to post here,
i'm looking for in a good in-ear headphone for running (that sticks to your ear and wont drop..) the ones that come with hox pretty bad for this task..

Jaybird BlueBuds X are great - in ear and bluetooth

fario78

Dec 25, 2012
Segorbe
Very interesting, I use and working wonderfully shenheyser
Enviado desde mi HTC One X usando Tapatalk 2

interf3ron

Dec 6, 2012
Ever since I updated to 4.1 (official), the JAYS remote control app doesn't work anymore; long press launches Google Now and double tap calls the last called person :(.
Anyways, I use Sennheiser MM30i and they are wonderful apart from ^^ (since 4.1)

dicko1975

Jul 19, 2011
The Google Now and last number redial issues are both known. Google Now can't be fixed, I believe the last number redial can be solved using Headset Button Controller from the Play Store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

iamallen

Mar 6, 2013
headset with control

The Google Now and last number redial issues are both known. Google Now can't be fixed, I believe the last number redial can be solved using Headset Button Controller from the Play Store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
Im using the Philipps SHE 8005, it works well with my hox, the bass is deep and the treble cut and mid is superb

faizal ali

Feb 28, 2012
Im use urbeat..fantastic sound. + the remote button work well

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody !

I'm looking for the good-quality headset with mike and remote control (VolumeUp/Down FF/Rewind and answering button.

Are there any really good one compatible with our great HOX ?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,
    I've tested today in 4 Sony's and HTC brand stores, Sony works like Ipone headphones - u can listen, but can't control, only one button active - start/stop. The same with HTC RC E190, only DrDre Monster in-ear recognized by stock player and PlayerPro - you can FF/Rewind/Start/Stop and answer a call plus better sound than others. There is no way to control sound level (volume) by DrDre monster as far as i know, i will try to resolve this by the ProPlayer settings.

I have heard that the HTC RC E190 works with the one x from the other threads and the sound quality is also good for its really cheap price !

But I personally use the urBeats that come with the sensation xe they work well and sound quality is good in my opinion !

And to control the volume I use the remote control app with the beats headset so the play/pause button can be used to control the volume..Press 5 times to decrease and 6 times to increase it !
    I bought some NOCS NS400 - 3 buttons remote, but it's made for the iPhone: I can only use one button. I am very happy with the way they sound.

NOCS also has NS200 made for Android with a 3 buttons remote.

JP.