[ROM] [AOSP] Jellybean RC4 4.2!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shinaz

Jun 8, 2009
Good to know, that the Evervolv Gapps provide the 8MP camera. After researching your comment, I see that several people have made the same observation throughout the thread.. But right now, my head is spinning with all the advice. So, not surprising how I missed this point. Anyway. My build was based on the Albinoman post #1 (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28889735&postcount=1) which still lists his JB Beta 3 with link to a Gapps download (Gapps-Jellybean.zip). I did not post the links for these two since they could change from hour to hour. I know (now) this Gapps link was not the Evervolv real deal. At the time, I went with the OP.

My build has been straight forward. I have not needed to reflash or recover to a Nandroid, for instance, so trying to correct a non-problem is something I have avoided, up to now. But, if I can upgrade to a Better native system camera app, then, I would like to do so.

My first question: If I have already flashed the Gapps-Jellybean.zip file (not the Evervolv version), are there any issues with flashing the Evervolv Gapps directly over the existing build?

As far as the Evervolv Gapps, I was reluctant to veer away from what was recommended in the OP. There was only one other post where I could find a LINK to the Evervolv Gapps. See http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=30627750&postcount=721. Using Google search I found several references to these Gapps, but was afraid to pick one, at random. It might be beneficial to amend the OP to make reference to a link for Evervolv that is suitable for use with the Albinoman ROM and the Incredible. My concern was for Albinoman. Using his Gapps would/should making his troubleshooting of our issues easier for him, rather than confuse the issues using Evervolv's. Oh well.

My second question: Is the file referenced at post #721 (gapps-ev-jb-20120816.zip) the latest and greatest for use with JB Beta 3?

Thanks to Albinoman. Keep up the good work.

I've flashed overtop and the gapps acted a little weird. If you have titanium backup you may want to uninstall them first. Haven't tried though just started fresh myself .

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using xda app-developers app

lukkypuggy

Aug 10, 2012
Sandy, OR
I've noticed recently that the Play Music app is no working the best, it FC's but mainly freezes the whole phone and soft boots it, Google now/search is causing the same problem, keyboard is slowly getting worse some how. I'm gonna try reflashing tonight, if anyone's has the same prob or if you know a diff/better solution post. Thanks

Sent from my Droid Incredible using xda premium

tcberg2010

Apr 12, 2010
North Carolina
I've noticed recently that the Play Music app is no working the best, it FC's but mainly freezes the whole phone and soft boots it, Google now/search is causing the same problem, keyboard is slowly getting worse some how. I'm gonna try reflashing tonight, if anyone's has the same prob or if you know a diff/better solution post. Thanks

Have you wiped cache?

Sent from my Droid Incredible using xda app-developers app

Osiris19

Apr 4, 2011
I wiped everything and reflashed and restored to try and fix the keyboard lag, and while it did remedy it, I ended up getting random reboots 3 times in an hour. I think it had to do with moving all my apps to the SD card, but I'm not quite sure. I'm wiping and reflashing again.

mrfluffything

Sep 23, 2009
I wiped everything and reflashed and restored to try and fix the keyboard lag, and while it did remedy it, I ended up getting random reboots 3 times in an hour. I think it had to do with moving all my apps to the SD card, but I'm not quite sure. I'm wiping and reflashing again.

It's been noticed that third party apps added to the launcher bar at the bottom can cause force closes/soft reboots on launch. If it's in the launcher bar and you notice it causing hot boots every time this is likely the issue . If not,I don't know where to help with this yet as I have yet to experience it.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2

Osiris19

Apr 4, 2011
I didn't have a problem with it before. When I had the keyboard lag, I had a flawless install. Pretty much everything worked, it was fast, and really stable. I reflashed it and moved some of my apps to the sdcard today, and twice when I tried to open Dolphin (which was on my dock) it rebooted, and even said that it wasn't installed, and I looked in my drawer and it was gone so it basically removed it.

mrfluffything

Sep 23, 2009
I didn't have a problem with it before. When I had the keyboard lag, I had a flawless install. Pretty much everything worked, it was fast, and really stable. I reflashed it and moved some of my apps to the sdcard today, and twice when I tried to open Dolphin (which was on my dock) it rebooted, and even said that it wasn't installed, and I looked in my drawer and it was gone so it basically removed it.

This is possibly caused by two problems. The first, the dock problem I mentioned above, which causes hot boots with third party apps like Chrome and Dolphin. The only solution to the dock issue is to uninstall and reinstall the app. The second is the repeating issues we hear about apps on the SD card. Try installing Dolphin again but don't put it in your dock. Then you can narrow it down to the sdcard or the dock.

lukkypuggy

Aug 10, 2012
Sandy, OR
Also I find using titanium Backup for moving apps to SD card is way faster and doesn't cause FC's and soft boots. And yes I did wipe my cache, I reflashed it Everything is working fine, except 3rd party apps in the dock/camera.

RepeatUntilTheEnd

Aug 21, 2012
Tampa
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm waiting for beta 4 like a kid on christmas eve.

Thanks, Albinoman, for putting this ROM together. I went to demo the Nexus 7 yesterday and as far as I could tell this ROM was just as smooth as the stock jellybean straight out of the google factory.

I'm not having any issues that haven't already been stated.

As for wish list items, I would like to second having separate lock screen images as well as lock screen gestures (similar to CM7).

It's unbelieveable that the phone I've had so long is running the latest android that under 2% of android users are running.

Osiris19

Apr 4, 2011
This is possibly caused by two problems. The first, the dock problem I mentioned above, which causes hot boots with third party apps like Chrome and Dolphin. The only solution to the dock issue is to uninstall and reinstall the app. The second is the repeating issues we hear about apps on the SD card. Try installing Dolphin again but don't put it in your dock. Then you can narrow it down to the sdcard or the dock.

I completely wiped everything, and restored my apps, threw dolphin back in the tray and no reboots yet. And no, I didn't get hot boots, they were full fledged reboots. It froze and then rebooted.

pbaden

May 18, 2007
I think im going to contrast from cm. I'm going to let you guys ask for etas. Then I'm going to randomize an answer for you...like a lottery number picker.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

I thanked you because I couldn't find the laugh button.

No rush dude! We've got a thing of beauty here because of you!

THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jellybean for Droid Incredible​

20120717000135.png
    20120717000208.png

Credits and Thanks

-PureMotive​
    -BMc08GT​
    -Evervolv​
    -the_plattypus​
    -tiny4579​
    -odj1041 (Tester)​

Downloads​
    Mod removal of links​

Instructions​
    -Wipe data and cache​
    -Flash ROM​
    -Flash Gapps​
    -PROFIT​

Changelog​

Alpha 5 - Fixed Root, Faster

Beta 1.5 - Much faster, Fixed Browser, Gmail

Beta 2 - Fixed camera (thanks Evervolv), Video, Faster​

Beta 3 - 8MP camera, Butter​

RC1 - Bluetooth fixed​

RC2 - Faster, possible gallery fix​

RC3 - Faster, Video camera (kinda)​

RC4 - 4.2!!!​

Follow me on Twitter for updates https://twitter.com/TheAlbinoman

Working
    • Root (fixed)
    • ADB
    • Wifi
    • 3g
    • Audio
    • SMS
    • MMS
    • Google Now (voice search as well)
    • Browser
    • Gmail
    • HWA
    • Camera (8MP!!)
    • Videos
    • Butter
    • Bluetooth
    • Video Vamera (buggy)

Broken
    • Some settings
    Do You Want Mine?

I think it might be easier to just buy a new inc. I have already received $10 (thanks)

I have a fully-functional 2-year-old Dinc that I would be willing to donate to you. I had to cancel my VW service when the contract was up so I just use it as an MP3 player now. You devs do so much good work here at XDA that I would like to say "Thanks". I have flashed so many wonderful ROMs over the years and it has been so much fun to try them all out. Shoot me a PM and we can figure out how I get it to you.

Thanks to all the devs for doing such great work for almost no pay!!
    Just a small update... might just push out rc3 soon with just video camera fixed.

Hey everyone I'm hoping to have RC3.5 out tomorrow.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
    In no way do I mean any disrespect to you or all the hard work and time you have spent making this awesome ROM. Having said that, I know that on the forums it's frowned upon to ask for ETAs. I guess what I'm trying to say is you give ETAs or mention a new build is coming out; however if it doesn't come out when you said why is it so bad to ask? I realize you don't get paid (other than a few donations here and there which doesn't really count), but I feel like if you can respond to say "No ETAs..." why couldn't you give a reason for not having it out so were not left in the dark? I mean a simple I haven't had time, something isn't working, even I didn't feel like working on it. All are valid reasons that I'd understand. And I'm not saying that we should be asking all the time when is a new build coming out, but you had said last week you wanted to get a new build out Friday night, but you were too tired. Then later you said new build probably Wednesday. And maybe we shouldn't ask, but a post saying hey guys I'm still working on it or whatever would stop all the questions. Once again, I mean no disrespect to you.

Ok so here's what I'm doing... I am going to release my next build when I have the video camera fixed and the settings. I'm not sure when that will be but I will say that I feel like I'm getting closer.