[REQUEST]Jellybean 4.2 AOSP build

Search This thread

AzNTypeR

Dec 24, 2011
London
Not even quad core devices have 4.2 yet..

And you want a Single Core phone that cant really handle 4.0/4.1 to have 4.2?

>.<

Also, you have a Galaxy Y by looking at your posts..

Why do you need 4.2 on a Galaxy 3. If you havent noticed they are pretty different devices..

nishant_713

Jul 6, 2011
India
I'll send a request for a AOSP based Jellybean 4.2 rom for galaxy 3

And i request for official cm10 stable build, official cwm recovery and a port of quad core processor to our phone. Can you please do it. Look, thinks don't work here by merely requesting. If somebody had enough time for it, and had it been possible, it would already have been there.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using XDA Premium HD app

Soryuu

Aug 17, 2012
Auckland
Not even Galaxy S' have (Official) JB 4.2 yet..

The developers in the I9000 are working on it ;)
As for the Galaxy 3 getting 4.2; having owned this phone once upon a time and spending time browsing these forums... If it can't handle 4.0/4.1 perfectly its not a good idea to ask for 4.2...

Sent from my GT-I9000

Arjav23

Mar 21, 2012
Mumbai
The developers in the I9000 are working on it ;)
As for the Galaxy 3 getting 4.2; having owned this phone once upon a time and spending time browsing these forums... If it can't handle 4.0/4.1 perfectly its not a good idea to ask for 4.2...

Sent from my GT-I9000

+1
We must instead try for a fully functional gb. And then fully functional ics

Sent from my GT-I5800 using xda premium

Mohit12

Jun 7, 2011
Mumbai
+1
We must instead try for a fully functional gb. And then fully functional ics

I'm not so sure about that. Correct me if I'm wrong but JB is easier to port, and more stable than ICS on most phones. I don't know if JB is easier to port than GB, though.
Either way, most people seem to have moved on. Support will diminish rapidly, if it already hasn't. It's sad.

tanmoyc

Mar 18, 2011
mumbai
I'm not so sure about that. Correct me if I'm wrong but JB is easier to port, and more stable than ICS on most phones. I don't know if JB is easier to port than GB, though.
Either way, most people seem to have moved on. Support will diminish rapidly, if it already hasn't. It's sad.
may we fight for any future android os but fact is that till kernel 3.4x and open source driver for fimg 3dSE project doesn't get completed our phone will be incomplete as this two are vvvvvvvvvvv.imp projects for Samsung galaxy 3 i5800/i5800 .

ilievski.ace

Dec 20, 2010
Skopje
There are some other Rubens , Sad , hillbeast, kyrillos13, Michał12 , tom3q and team ...... but i think The Samsung G3 Apollo i5800 Forum ..... Is becoming like Nintendo ....:(

Please Devs Give Us ... the 4.2 AOSP or Aokp and we will not bordering you any more .... :)

:(

Last edited:

Skivit

Sep 10, 2011
Xroads, Belgie
I agree there are others, and their work is valuable, Hillbeast just said he may make another Froyo rom, kyrillos13 just updated his, but things are a lot different from how it was a year ago, people move on and new phones are released, the g3 is a good little phone, jb worked so much better than I thought, but its at the end of its development life.

I have apps that will only run on gb, and other apps that will not run well because of the lack of memory, while my wife had a galaxy mini, and it runs gb without a problem, official upgrade :mad:

Last edited:

hillbeast

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2011
Dunedin
Jellybean 4.2 doesn't even work on the Galaxy S2 because Google have locked down the way the system controls graphics to stop Samsung releasing terrible old broken drivers and libraries. If the Exynos 4 isn't going to play nice, I wouldn't be expecting the S5P6442 in our little G3 would either. Don't hold your hopes up.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

tanmoyc

Mar 18, 2011
mumbai
i think we are expecting too much from dev if you also want to run 4.2 please guy be practical enuf as only too android os that should be complete are gb and jellybean as this are only two project were dev are able to run most of thing running so keep your finger cross and wait and watch or help dev at least to finish pending project even if u get latest wat use of that if your not get complete experience of it

Soryuu

Aug 17, 2012
Auckland
Mhmm. As the others said, its all or nothing. Its a bit... Impractical to ask devs for a 4.2 release purely because a phone can only be taken so far in terms of OS. No doubt 4.2, while being an incremental update to 4.1.2, changed quite a bit about Jelly Bean. And if Google really has locked down on graphics control in 4.2, then the G3 will have a hard time...

Maybe things will change and a 4.2 update will come through for the Galaxy 3. But until then... Don't get your hopes up too high.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jellybean 4.2 doesn't even work on the Galaxy S2 because Google have locked down the way the system controls graphics to stop Samsung releasing terrible old broken drivers and libraries. If the Exynos 4 isn't going to play nice, I wouldn't be expecting the S5P6442 in our little G3 would either. Don't hold your hopes up.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
    lets face it, if marcellusbe stops developing, this phone is screwed..... :(

Epic troll is Epic!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    There are some other Rubens , Sad , hillbeast, kyrillos13, Michał12 , tom3q and team ...... but i think The Samsung G3 Apollo i5800 Forum ..... Is becoming like Nintendo ....:(

Please Devs Give Us ... the 4.2 AOSP or Aokp and we will not bordering you any more .... :)

:(

Hahaha... Nintendo.. :laugh: Nice one.. ;)