[ROM][KANG]Cyanogenmod 7&9 KANG builds Captivate

Search This thread

Nick D

Aug 3, 2009
Indiana
I would delete your cm9 backup, wipe like crazy, and try again. Make sure your using newest gapps. Maybe run stock for a bit. I assure you it's daily driver ready. There were times I had similar issues even with cm7. It always meant time to start clean.

#lifeofacrackflasher

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Frustrating thing is that the last few installs have been from a completely wiped state. It doesn't seem to make a difference. Last time was a complete wipe (cache, dalvik, factory reset, and wipe of /system, not necessarily in that order) and ran stock for a short period. In just a few hours it was dying in sleep. That's when I went to glitch to see if it helped. Running glitch at 200mhz kept it alive for the rest of the day but it died overnight anyway.

makelegs

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
Frustrating thing is that the last few installs have been from a completely wiped state. It doesn't seem to make a difference. Last time was a complete wipe (cache, dalvik, factory reset, and wipe of /system, not necessarily in that order) and ran stock for a short period. In just a few hours it was dying in sleep. That's when I went to glitch to see if it helped. Running glitch at 200mhz kept it alive for the rest of the day but it died overnight anyway.

When in doubt....wipe > flash ROM > gapps......use stock for a while. If SOD, either raise lower voltage, our raise min freq...or both? The only cappy I have contact with is running all stock, with no complaints. And trust me....I'd hear about it!

Last edited:

Nick D

Aug 3, 2009
Indiana
When in doubt....wipe > flash ROM > gapps......use stock for a while. If SOD, either raise lower voltage, our raise min freq...or both? The only cappy I have contact with is running all stock, with no complaints. And trust me....I'd hear about it!

Fresh install today. First go round I installed my usual programs only. Titanium backup (but hadn't used it yet), lookout, tasker, llama, amazon app store and gentle alarm. I let it run awhile and got SOD. Had a moment of realization and did another wipe. Right now I'm running a clean install with no additional apps. I've not had a reboot in a while and I'm wondering if it wasn't an app incompatibility. I guess I'll add them one at a time and see what happens.

makelegs

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
Fresh install today. First go round I installed my usual programs only. Titanium backup (but hadn't used it yet), lookout, tasker, llama, amazon app store and gentle alarm. I let it run awhile and got SOD. Had a moment of realization and did another wipe. Right now I'm running a clean install with no additional apps. I've not had a reboot in a while and I'm wondering if it wasn't an app incompatibility. I guess I'll add them one at a time and see what happens.

Sounds like you're on the right track! :D

Reactions: Nick D

mcdroid

Nov 10, 2009
I hope you guys download the **** out of the new build.....cuz it's been 3 days of banging my head against the wall just to get captivate to even build.....

#notpissedatall

/sarcasm

:eek:

I have been installing your builds as they have come out and since your ICS builds were started I have not used another ROM. Well done!
Thank you for your dedication!

makelegs

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
Updates to CM9 and CM7 are available, now...

I can't imagine why people still use CM7, but I'm trying not to bail on fascinate users, while it awaits an official CM9 merge, so I figured I'd build all three...this time.

For those of you who insist on using CM7.... Y U NO UPDATE TO CM9??? :p

Reactions: Nick D and billyjed

billyjed

Jan 29, 2012

I can't imagine why people still use CM7, but I'm trying not to bail on fascinate users, while it awaits an official CM9 merge, so I figured I'd build all three...this time.

I love bacon flavored ice cream sandwiches!

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Nick D

Aug 3, 2009
Indiana
Still stuck with sod issues on cm9. I miss my desk job where I could be working on my phone all day. Ha! Thanks for the latest cm7s. I'm running the 0408 drop now.

makelegs

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
Still stuck with sod issues on cm9. I miss my desk job where I could be working on my phone all day. Ha! Thanks for the latest cm7s. I'm running the 0408 drop now.

That's bizarre, dude.

They just overhauled the build process to include inline kernel building (as opposed to using a prebuilt kernel), and I'm not sure if anything in stock kernel actually changed, but it may be worth a try, At the very least, you should be able to raise your minimum cpu speed to avoid SOD.

visionlogic

Dec 29, 2008
Dixie

Being that my Cappy is my only phone, and I'm not in a position to acquire a replacement, I will not move to any ICS build until there is a definitive fix for this:

[Guide] Encryption Unsuccessful - Reset Android [ICS Issue]

makelegs

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
Being that my Cappy is my only phone, and I'm not in a position to acquire a replacement, I will not move to any ICS build until there is a definitive fix for this:

[Guide] Encryption Unsuccessful - Reset Android [ICS Issue]

Literally hundreds of people have flashed these skanky cm9 builds. The bugs reported to me have amounted to a quantity of 2 or 3 phones. I run the same build on my toro as my work phone, and I seriously doubt that you are more tied to ur phone than I am for work.

Remember....nandroid is ur friend, too. Not like ur gonna break it while trying out cm9.

Justsayin

visionlogic

Dec 29, 2008
Dixie
Remember....nandroid is ur friend, too. Not like ur gonna break it while trying out cm9.

Justsayin

I was happily trying various flavors of ICS, running each one for several days before flashing another, when I ran across the "Encryption Unsuccessful" thread.

If the problem occurs there is no way to communicate with the internal SD. It will not respond to requests at the hardware level, period. You can have all the nandroid backups you want, but you've got nothing to restore them to.

Certainly this problem has happened to only a relative handful of users. But Murphy lives at my house, and I'm just not willing to give him an "in" to my phone.

Reactions: Big Dog KMc

azunino

Feb 26, 2012
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

Still on CM7 because of the encryption bug.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Dog KMc

killer23d

I was happily trying various flavors of ICS, running each one for several days before flashing another, when I ran across the "Encryption Unsuccessful" thread.

If the problem occurs there is no way to communicate with the internal SD. It will not respond to requests at the hardware level, period. You can have all the nandroid backups you want, but you've got nothing to restore them to.

Certainly this problem has happened to only a relative handful of users. But Murphy lives at my house, and I'm just not willing to give him an "in" to my phone.

I think it's a good idea to spend a weekend afternoon to test it.

I have no problems with any Kang, just this one made by makeleg is much better.

I went back to stock 2.2, removed MicroSD, then Master Reset, then 2.3, then i9000 bootloader, then finally CM9 twice. I have a very functional phone as daily driver and battery life is more than awesome compare to CM7.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

Reactions: makelegs

makelegs

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
I clearly don't understand the problem well. Somebody explain it to me in 30 words or less, so I can be on the lookout for related cherries...
:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I saw this over in the Nexus S development section, so I figured I would bring it here. For those of you unfamiliar with how cyanogenmod works, fixes and new features get submitted to gerrit, where they wait for approval. Once they get approved, they go into nightlies. Some things don't get merged at all. What most of us call KANG builds are nightlies, except with changes from gerrit merged in. For example: the MIUI battery bar is sitting in gerrit, and it might not even get merged in due to a few things, but I personally like it, so I use it. If you need hosting for your KANGS, let me know and I can hook you up.

If you're going to post a KANG, please post what patches you've included, and anything else you find pertinent.

CM9:
    http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/skankwich/?id=captivatemtd
    SKANKWICH [SKANG] CM9 KANG build: CAPTIVATE

skank-logo-lrg.png

This is a self-compiled kang of CM9 with cherry picks from CyanogenMod’s Gerrit Instance, most comparable to a CM nightly build. You need not apply if you’re not comfortable with testing out new and possibly broken features. All credit goes to cyanogen, #teamdouche and the coders who submit to Gerrit. Thank you to @RyanMacG for providing Euroskank hosting.​

NEW BUILDS ANNOUNCE IMMEDIATELY ON TWITTER @Makelegs

Latest Skankwich build

Latest Gapps (mirrored from goo.im):

Latest merges to CM source code: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged+branch:ics,n,z

cherry.png
    Cherry picks and other modifications
    cherry.png

If cherry picks disappear, it's because they were merged, abandoned or conflict with the current source or other cherry picks.

idybV.png
    Available on ROM Manager! ..................................... Euroskank Skankwich RSS Feed

Full disclosure: I do not own a Captivate. I currently own a Nexus One, Nexus S, and LTE Galaxy Nexus. I run the exact same builds with the exact same cherry-picks as my daily driver in the corporate jungle. In other words.....I really need my phone to WORK!
    Had the reboot big numerous times on the 22nd version. Flashed the 23rd update this morning to see how it goes.

sent from XDA app

It should be gone with the newest build....(I think) :eek:

I dropped a few picks that were pretty inconsequential to me, anyway. I think they were just messed up.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

I will be off doing family stuff for the holiday. Unless something really big happens (highly doubtful), I won't build again until mon or tues.

Thanks again for all the support, folks!

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!:D
    Wow! 100 downloads of my 3/24 kang in 2 days! I am honored, I hope you all are enjoying it :)

http://goo-inside.me/devs/boog/cm9kang/captivate
    I hope you guys download the **** out of the new build.....cuz it's been 3 days of banging my head against the wall just to get captivate to even build.....

#notpissedatall

/sarcasm

:eek: