[MOD][VZW] Black Status Bar and Nav Bar + Recents key + more

Search This thread

777jon

Aug 15, 2012
This mod is no longer maintained as it does not work for the latest VZW OTA Build VS98012B. Look here for a better alternative.

quPH6NR.png

Requirements:
  • VZW LG G2 - Stock (VS98010B/VS98011A)
  • Root
  • Recovery (TWRP)
Installation Instructions:
  1. Download the file
  2. Reboot to Recovery (via Goo Manager)
  3. Install zip
  4. Reboot
  5. Go to Settings>Display>Front touch buttons, and select the theme Black Gradation.

To revert back to stock, download and install RevertRecentKeyMod.zip from sefnap's thread.

Downloads
- Mod
- Mod + Menu Ellipsis
- Mod + No Icons
- Mod + No Icons + Menu Ellipsis

No Icons: removes E911 icon, headphone icon, and hides 4g icon when wifi is connected.

Only want a black status bar? Check out my black status bar only mod.

Last edited:

athorax

Mar 13, 2011
Denver
Any chance of getting this without the recents/menu change?

And can the position be changed? ie menu home back

cheami

Nov 20, 2011
This also works with the smaller nav bar mod! Great stuff!

And can the position be changed? ie menu home back

No. I just tested it. The buttons will switch positions but the recent app key does nothing. Seems to only work if the recent apps is in the third position.

Last edited:

cjharris1985

Aug 24, 2010
Does anyone have the revert to stock? The link is down... I think. Thanks!

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ainvar

Aug 25, 2007
NoVA
FYI this mod works in conjunction with the shrinking navbar mod. I'm using the smallest navbar, with the black mod without location icon. looks great.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

Thanks for the heads up. Would you or anyone know if this will work with CleanROM?

moosc

Feb 21, 2010
Charlotte NC
Any way to make recents a long press for search, and back button long press to kill current app?

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

tryceo

May 27, 2011
Columbus
Is there a way to make the nav bar auto hide itself when using MX Player? It is really annoying to not be able to use full screen.

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Feb 8, 2010
Just noticed this and cant remember if its always been like this... If I pull down the notification panel from the lockscreen, the nav bar pops up.

777jon

Aug 15, 2012
Is there a way to make the nav bar auto hide itself when using MX Player? It is really annoying to not be able to use full screen.

I think it may be a problem with MX Player on the LG G2 because apps like YouTube are able to auto hide the nav bar when playing videos.

Ploxorz

Apr 3, 2012
I'm a little confused. So if I flash the recent apps key mod does it act like aosp software keys and add the in-app options key for settings? Does it have the options key in the nav bar for older legacy apps?

Top Liked Posts