[Q] [4.4.2] Sound Not Working

Search This thread

JimmyVD

Nov 18, 2009
Hi All,

I've just updated my Note 3 (9005) to KitKat 4.4.2.

Since updating everything is working except the sound.

In fact whenever a sound might play the phone hangs for a second.

Im certain ive flashed everything correctly, tried multiple ROM's but nothing fixes it.

Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: After double checking, the modem/baseband file doesnt appear to have worked? currently showing MI6, what can i do to update it?

EDIT 2: After looking into it, this may be causing my issues....if anyone has the most up to date baseband for O2 UK then could they please send it?

Last edited:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Sammobile has the latest O2 firmware you can grab it from there.. Have you been able to flash back to 4.3 then?

JimmyVD

Nov 18, 2009
OK, ive downloaded the latest O2 update.

This is in 1 single file, not the 4 that the KitKat update came in.

Can anyone tell me how to flash just the CP/Modem/Baseband from this one file??

EDIT: Flashed Modem.bin file through ODIN, flash completed successfully, but baseband still stuck at XXUBMI6, please can anyone tell me why this wont update?

Last edited:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
OK, ive downloaded the latest O2 update.

This is in 1 single file, not the 4 that the KitKat update came in.

Can anyone tell me how to flash just the CP/Modem/Baseband from this one file??

EDIT: Flashed Modem.bin file through ODIN, flash completed successfully, but baseband still stuck at XXUBMI6, please can anyone tell me why this wont update?

It could be that O2 have locked your handset? Only thing I can think of, off the top of my head... you can try the leaked firmware (link in my signature, if needed again) - it has the 4 files. Flash only the Bootloader, then the ROM itself and see. Note of warning, playing with bootloaders is a risky game, and you can brick very easy if it goes wrong.

EDIT: Yes the official XEO is 1 file not 4 files like the leak

JimmyVD

Nov 18, 2009
Thanks for the speedy reply.

I've tried updating to 4.4 and that's how the sound stopped working?

So my bootloader has already been updated. Don't know how to check though?

Do baseband/modem/cp need to be updated sequentially? e.g. MI6-->MI7 etc.

Thank again for all the help!

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Thanks for the speedy reply.

I've tried updating to 4.4 and that's how the sound stopped working?

So my bootloader has already been updated. Don't know how to check though?

Do baseband/modem/cp need to be updated sequentially? e.g. MI6-->MI7 etc.

Thank again for all the help!

The baseband doesn't need updated sequentially no, you can go from MI to MK if you choose. It's probably O2's basband.

Can you dial *#1234# into your keypad and post the results ?

JimmyVD

Nov 18, 2009
The baseband doesn't need updated sequentially no, you can go from MI to MK if you choose. It's probably O2's basband.

Can you dial *#1234# into your keypad and post the results ?

OK great, thats what i thought, maybe it is O2's baseband then....

Heres the results of *#1234#:

AP: N9005XXUENA6
CP: N9005XXUBMI6
CSC: N9005OXXENA5

Again, thanks very much for the help!!

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
OK great, thats what i thought, maybe it is O2's baseband then....

Heres the results of *#1234#:

AP: N9005XXUENA6
CP: N9005XXUBMI6
CSC: N9005OXXENA5

Again, thanks very much for the help!!

Yup it's O2's baseband, - remind me again, you have root?

From what I can see, O2 are up to MJ in terms of baseband - Sooo we need to find you an up to date baseband to flash (modem basically) - Now modems can be tricky if you get it wrong or get the wrong one. Have a look around and see if we can find you a more up to date one.

You could (not saying you should) unlock your phone and then use the NA2 baseband which I currently use (I am also on O2 but with an unlocked handset) - Not 100% on Sim unlocking so you'd have to have a nose around and see what's what.

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Also need to Note, Sound issue may indeed be hardware based, but we will see soon enough.

JimmyVD

Nov 18, 2009
Yup it's O2's baseband, - remind me again, you have root?

From what I can see, O2 are up to MJ in terms of baseband - Sooo we need to find you an up to date baseband to flash (modem basically) - Now modems can be tricky if you get it wrong or get the wrong one. Have a look around and see if we can find you a more up to date one.

You could (not saying you should) unlock your phone and then use the NA2 baseband which I currently use (I am also on O2 but with an unlocked handset) - Not 100% on Sim unlocking so you'd have to have a nose around and see what's what.

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Also need to Note, Sound issue may indeed be hardware based, but we will see soon enough.

I thought as much TBH.

I am rooted, i've downloded the latest O2 update and tried to flash the firmware but it didnt take, im still stuck at MI6.

I'll see what i can do re: unlocking the phone.

If you can find a more updated Baseband from O2 i would be eternally grateful!

Thanks,