[ROM][SS & UL][4.4.4] Stock Rooted Vzw 212.55.26

Search This thread

iKrYpToNiTe

Sep 16, 2012
Sanford, NC
*** DISCLAIMER ***
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PHONE! OR IF YOU LOSE ANY DATA, ITS CALLED BACK IT UP BEFORE HAND!

Word to the wise if you don't know how to use RSDLite or Fastboot to restore your phone then leave this thread now please! I will not attempt to simplify this down anymore. Safestrap users you need to backup everything on your internal storage before you install this, to switch back to 4.2.2 possibly 4.4/4.4.2 you will have to RSD back to stock. This ROM has to be flashed to the STOCK SLOT in Safestrap and the 4.4.4 KitKat Kernel and Baseband has to be flashed for it to work. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Okay this is a stock unmodified(3c_ota.apk is the only apk removed) rooted rom based off of the 4.4.4 KitKat SBF thanks to SamuriHL with full Safestrap functionality. You will need to have the phone's drivers installed to get this working, so click the link below to download them and install them before you start. https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_detail/a_id/94931/p/30,6720,8696

Instructions to install this rom for Safestrap Users, you will need to download the ROM and my Kernel/Radio Flashing Utility, and read every step before you start...

1. Before you do anything you need to be rooted on 4.2.2 or 4.4, write protection disabled with MotoWpNoMo and Safestrap Recovery installed
2. Reboot into Safestrap Recovery
3. Factory Reset the STOCK SLOT(do not ask about another slot) in Safestrap, also DO NOT wipe or manually mount the /system it can cause symlink errors
4. Flash my ROM zip to the STOCK SLOT (this will take a couple minutes, go grab a drink or something)
5. Once the ROM has finished flashing, press the home button, then press the reboot button, then press the bootloader button to reboot to the bootloader from within Safestrap
6. Plug up your Moto X via usb cable to your computer, once plugged in the Bootloader screen should say usb connected now
7. Unzip the "Moto X Kernel and Radio Flasher.zip"
8. Open the extracted folder and find FlashMyMotoX.bat and double click on it
9. Choose option 10 within the FlashMyMotoX utility to flash the 4.4.4 KitKat Kernel
10. Once it finishes get back to the options and choose option 11 this will flash the 4.4.4 KitKat Baseband
11. Once it finishes successfully unplug your usb cable and reboot the phone
12. Enjoy 4.4.4 KitKat!

For Unlocked Users
1. Boot into TWRP 2.7.1.1 (recommended that's what I use) factory reset DO NOT wipe or manually mount the /system it can cause symlink errors, then install the ROM.
2. If you were on 4.4.4 already then reboot and enjoy if you aren't on 4.4.4 then continue to step 9.
3. Once done installing reboot to the bootloader from within TWRP.
4. Once on the bootloader screen plug your usb cable into your Moto X the screen should say usb connected.
5. Unzip the "Moto X Kernel and Radio Flasher.zip"
6. Open the extracted folder and find FlashMyMotoX.bat and double click on it
7. Choose option 11 within the FlashMyMotoX utility to flash the 4.4.4 KitKat Baseband
8. Once it finishes successfully unplug your usb cable and reboot the phone
9. Enjoy 4.4.4!

Downloads: DO NOT repost links on other forums, link them to this thread!
Safestrap ROM zip MD5: 22291bcae0f5043477a91e4d09a9bf7e
Moto X Kernel & Radio Flashing Utility MD5: b8ac849d0ba52b2d3c9563a5a2c9cb22
Unlocked ROM zip MD5: 1c214fa8e55cf22c6366c0d563a32f44

Thanks to Google for Android and their Search engine, Hashcode for Safestrap, jcase for his roots, beaups and fuses for MotoWpNoMo, TeamWin for TWRP 2.7.1.1, and the Chinese middle man for my bootloader unlock without them this wouldn't be possible!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-26-15-55-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-26-15-55-21.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 3,567
  • Screenshot_2014-07-26-15-55-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-26-15-55-12.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 2,752

rebretz000

Jul 11, 2012
Magrathea
"Are you asking about the stock version? The entitlement hack will be in my updated version of Krypton but not in my stock 4.4.4 rom. All you have to do is add net.tethering.noprovisioning=true to the build.prop before you flash the rom, and that will bypass the entitlement check."

Does it matter where I add this in the build prop?

ghostt021

Feb 10, 2011
Jacksonville
Hey kryptonite, FYI titanium back says I have no root, even tho I do. Any suggestions?

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1406416755739.jpg
    1406416755739.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,034
  • 1406416768469.jpg
    1406416768469.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 917
  • 1406416778600.jpg
    1406416778600.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 891

iKrYpToNiTe

Sep 16, 2012
Sanford, NC
"Are you asking about the stock version? The entitlement hack will be in my updated version of Krypton but not in my stock 4.4.4 rom. All you have to do is add net.tethering.noprovisioning=true to the build.prop before you flash the rom, and that will bypass the entitlement check."

Does it matter where I add this in the build prop?

Nah it shouldn't, I normally just add all my lines in the section near the top, up under the device info properties.

Hey kryptonite, FYI titanium back says I have no root, even tho I do. Any suggestions?

What in the world, I wonder why titanium is trying to call /system/bin/su instead of /system/xbin/su hmm. Are you unlocked or safestrapped?

Reactions: rebretz000

ghostt021

Feb 10, 2011
Jacksonville
Nah it shouldn't, I normally just add all my lines in the section near the top, up under the device info properties.

What in the world, I wonder why titanium is trying to call /system/bin/su instead of /system/xbin/su hmm. Are you unlocked or safestrapped?

Unlocked. I had this happen before on different stock rom

iKrYpToNiTe

Sep 16, 2012
Sanford, NC
Unlocked. I had this happen before on different stock rom

Hmm I just looked through TB's settings to see if there was a setting to set where su is called from but I couldn't find any. Try flashing SuperSU's zip and see if that clears up the problem. If it doesn't try uninstalling TB and reinstalling it.

ConstantHero

Apr 22, 2012
4.4.4 running very well so far with newer radio flashed. Will your 005 kernel be worth a shot or would it not be a good idea on 4.4.4?

Last edited:

ghostt021

Feb 10, 2011
Jacksonville
Been running this for about six now, with no complaints what so ever no the old radio, anyone notice a difference enough to flash?

iKrYpToNiTe

Sep 16, 2012
Sanford, NC
4.4.4 running very well so far with newer radio flashed. Will your 005 kernel be worth a shot or would it not be a good idea on 4.4.4?

I actually haven't tried, Moto dropped the kernel source I've just got to sync the repo and add my changes.

Been running this for about six now, with no complaints what so ever no the old radio, anyone notice a difference enough to flash?

Seems about the same to me signal strength wise, but calls seem clearer may be a placebo affect though.

Last edited:
Reactions: ConstantHero

rahulcuthber91

Sep 28, 2010
Hi,
I am on 4.4.3 T-mobile XT1053.unlocked ,twrp 2.6.3.1 installed but previously i was X1052 indian variant, Should i try to flash this?

XAlexander_AlexanderX

May 8, 2012
If you're unlocked try it, you might not have data with this rom though.
Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I have dataaaaaaa. Cant test speeds though as i dont have a data plan. It switches from 3G/H+ when making a call and back to LTE successfully. Data works as it loads T-Mobiles website.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-28-07-07-08.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-28-07-07-08.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** DISCLAIMER ***
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PHONE! OR IF YOU LOSE ANY DATA, ITS CALLED BACK IT UP BEFORE HAND!

Word to the wise if you don't know how to use RSDLite or Fastboot to restore your phone then leave this thread now please! I will not attempt to simplify this down anymore. Safestrap users you need to backup everything on your internal storage before you install this, to switch back to 4.2.2 possibly 4.4/4.4.2 you will have to RSD back to stock. This ROM has to be flashed to the STOCK SLOT in Safestrap and the 4.4.4 KitKat Kernel and Baseband has to be flashed for it to work. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Okay this is a stock unmodified(3c_ota.apk is the only apk removed) rooted rom based off of the 4.4.4 KitKat SBF thanks to SamuriHL with full Safestrap functionality. You will need to have the phone's drivers installed to get this working, so click the link below to download them and install them before you start. https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_detail/a_id/94931/p/30,6720,8696

Instructions to install this rom for Safestrap Users, you will need to download the ROM and my Kernel/Radio Flashing Utility, and read every step before you start...

1. Before you do anything you need to be rooted on 4.2.2 or 4.4, write protection disabled with MotoWpNoMo and Safestrap Recovery installed
    2. Reboot into Safestrap Recovery
    3. Factory Reset the STOCK SLOT(do not ask about another slot) in Safestrap, also DO NOT wipe or manually mount the /system it can cause symlink errors
    4. Flash my ROM zip to the STOCK SLOT (this will take a couple minutes, go grab a drink or something)
    5. Once the ROM has finished flashing, press the home button, then press the reboot button, then press the bootloader button to reboot to the bootloader from within Safestrap
    6. Plug up your Moto X via usb cable to your computer, once plugged in the Bootloader screen should say usb connected now
    7. Unzip the "Moto X Kernel and Radio Flasher.zip"
    8. Open the extracted folder and find FlashMyMotoX.bat and double click on it
    9. Choose option 10 within the FlashMyMotoX utility to flash the 4.4.4 KitKat Kernel
    10. Once it finishes get back to the options and choose option 11 this will flash the 4.4.4 KitKat Baseband
    11. Once it finishes successfully unplug your usb cable and reboot the phone
    12. Enjoy 4.4.4 KitKat!

For Unlocked Users
    1. Boot into TWRP 2.7.1.1 (recommended that's what I use) factory reset DO NOT wipe or manually mount the /system it can cause symlink errors, then install the ROM.
    2. If you were on 4.4.4 already then reboot and enjoy if you aren't on 4.4.4 then continue to step 9.
    3. Once done installing reboot to the bootloader from within TWRP.
    4. Once on the bootloader screen plug your usb cable into your Moto X the screen should say usb connected.
    5. Unzip the "Moto X Kernel and Radio Flasher.zip"
    6. Open the extracted folder and find FlashMyMotoX.bat and double click on it
    7. Choose option 11 within the FlashMyMotoX utility to flash the 4.4.4 KitKat Baseband
    8. Once it finishes successfully unplug your usb cable and reboot the phone
    9. Enjoy 4.4.4!

Downloads: DO NOT repost links on other forums, link them to this thread!
    Safestrap ROM zip MD5: 22291bcae0f5043477a91e4d09a9bf7e
    Moto X Kernel & Radio Flashing Utility MD5: b8ac849d0ba52b2d3c9563a5a2c9cb22
    Unlocked ROM zip MD5: 1c214fa8e55cf22c6366c0d563a32f44

Thanks to Google for Android and their Search engine, Hashcode for Safestrap, jcase for his roots, beaups and fuses for MotoWpNoMo, TeamWin for TWRP 2.7.1.1, and the Chinese middle man for my bootloader unlock without them this wouldn't be possible!
    anyone knows if there is suppose to be any 4.4.4 kryptonite rom still coming this weekend? i think he posted somewhere that it will come this weekend.

I was shooting for this weekend but I had a super stressful week at work, and didn't get to work on it much throughout the week. On top of that I had to work on my car yesterday and didn't get time to work on the rom until today.
    Anyone help with this? No way to flash a rom without Windows?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

You mean to tell me you don't have Windows on at least one PC? I can work on a Linux version when I get a chance, I'm guessing that's what you're wanting, because I will never support an Apple product!
    Anyone having issues with SMS? I installed this on Tuesday and it was working alright but yesterday I stopped receiving text messages and I'm not sure why. I'm gonna try to reflash but I won't be able to for a few hours at least...

Download the zip from this post and extract it and overwrite the current /system/etc/apns-conf.xml it seems Verizon forgot to add the correct apn types.
    Safestraped moto x here...my WiFi isn't working.... Am I missing something or its getting updated?

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

I agree. For the Moto X you have to Stock ROM over AOSP.

Well my dumb ass didn't read or see that there is a 4.4.4 kernel n radio... I'll try n maybe I'll have WiFi now