Boot Animation Collection ported to fit 720x1280 xhdpi displays

Search This thread

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
request if allowed.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/486yw3gdbwl0o4s/Tool_Sober_hq_fullscreen__240p.3gp?dl=0
i've searched google and xda to find a way to create a boot animation from phone (dont own a computer ; i know right !!). if anyone can/will/has time this is the 'sober' video from the band "tool". i would like the part from about 2min 40sec ~ 3min 10sec. (where the clay-guy does the shaky arm part. its probably not right to make request , but thought i would try. any help/direction/links would be greatly appreciated.
dave

p.s. its for an htcm8. i believe its 1080 × 1920 (?).

"all i can really do , is stay out of my own way and let the will of heaven be done"

Last edited:

daddy366

Jun 13, 2014
bootanimation loop

i had the same experience too..
mine was razr maxx hd running stock 9.16.6 trying to run moto x's bootanimation
something wrong happened and got stuck in bootloop
reflash the phone to get it working again... using matt's utility (thx God for matt), fortunately i can still put it in AP fastboot mode

no more changing bootanimation for me though, unless i know how to manipulate maxx HD's internal files from AP fastboot mode

Usually if you look at the desc file of the part folder it may have a 0 in it which will make it play forever....if so change the 0 to a 1 and it will only play once and should then finish booting the phone.....i had to change a few myself to get them to work on the moto e........

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AROMA INSTALLER COMING SOON... This will be a universal install of BOOT ANIMATIONS including "Enable Custom Boot" for Samasung. It will also Have "Samsung QMG Shutdowns" and "Boot Logo" options for Moto Droid RAZR Maxx, RAZR Maxx HD, and Moto Atrix.

This is a small collection of Boot Animations that I have found over the years of cruising around the pages of XDA. Some were created by the creative minds here and some created by myself. Either way I post them here to share with the community that has given me so much. This collection has been ported to fit 1280x720 xhdpi screens. Feel free to check out my original posting for even more bootanimation include flashable installer that includes the fix for the .qmg files Samsung users need.

THE QUICK GUIDE TO CREATING YOUR OWN BOOT ANIMATIONS​
    "because I can feed you fish and you're good for the night or teach you to fish and you'll be good forever!!"​
    I have enjoyed boot animations since I started messing around with phones. I finally felt comfortable enough to start making my own and this is how i did it:

1 - First is you need an animation such as a video clip or gif whatever. I personally like them to be less than 30 seconds with the main focal part about 10 secs. By that time the phone has started up.

2 - then you need to extract the frames/convert using infanview or similar app, to image format, jpg is smaller, png is better quality and some just plain look better this way. Using Irfanview in the "options" menu click "extract all frames" then you can fine tune using "file" menu "batch conversion/rename" option

3 - download Boot Animation Factory and thank the dev for such a great tool for previewing and creating Boot Animations. From there the app will take you to creating the bootanimation.zip file needed for your phone.

4 - Then it's just a matter of getting it to where it needs to be. You can check my thread here which gives all the the different locations for various phones store the file for manual installs. There is also the "flashable zips" and "the Aroma Installer" for multiple options!

5 - last thing is to give thanks and credit where it's due and share your wonderful new creations with all of us here on XDA!!! Thank you

that is a very quick run down of how I am making Boot Animations today​

*****BOOT ANIMATIONS PREVIEWS*****

Apple Smash
    ext.gif

Blue Flame
    nxf9.gif

Blue Plasma
    j1j.gif

Droid Scan
    34y.gif

Not Now
    80m.gif

Shattered
    xkn.gif

Samsung
    sx2.gif

Motorcycles Collide
    tk36.gif

Illusions
    y1w.gif

Neutron
    ggnh.gif

Hulk Smash
    qaj.gif

D.N.A.
    cir.gif

Blue D.N.A.
    sqb.gif

Blown Away
    hha6.gif

Blue Helix
    pbf.gif

Omega
    e3z.gif

Jarvis

Anonymous Mask

War

Isomorphic Algorithm 2

Zoom World

Van Gogh

April Fools Moto X

To install them simply
    *download the "name_of_bootanimation.zip" you want
    *using a file manager (such as ES File Manager or Root Explorer) which ever you prefer,
    *locate your current bootanimation a make note of location and if there is a prefix added to the bootanimation.zip,
    *rename your custom bootanimation
    *place in the system location for your ROM (below for common locations)
    *make sure permissions are as such rw-r--r--
    *then reboot and enjoy.

System location and name of bootanimation vary based on manufacture, carrier and other variables. Look for location and name

/system/media/bootanimation.zip
    /system/media/spc_bootanimation.zip
    /system/media/hTC_bootanimation.zip
    /system/media/VZW_bootanimation.zip
    /data/local/bootanimation.zip
    /data/local/spc_bootanimation.zip
    /data/local/hTC_bootanimation.zip
    /data/local/VZW_bootanimation.zip
    /system/customize/resource/spc_bootanimation.zip
    /system/customize/resource/VZW_bootanimation.zip
    /system/customize/resource/hTC_bootanimation.zip

DOWNLOADS and youtube PREVIEWS