How do you partition the SD Card?!

Search This thread

BigWorldJust

Jun 14, 2009
I have been trying for almost 2 hours to try and partition this thing. I've looked through countless threads about Partition Manager, SD2Apps, and using Terminal and none of them work. Is it because I am using the MicroSD card the phone came with?

GenericNode

Jun 16, 2009
Stockholm
I have been trying for almost 2 hours to try and partition this thing. I've looked through countless threads about Partition Manager, SD2Apps, and using Terminal and none of them work. Is it because I am using the MicroSD card the phone came with?

The SD Card the phone came with is a Class 2 SD Card, so if you are looking to do Apps2SD then you should stop right now until you get a Class 6. If you don't use a Class 6, you're going to have force closes all the time.

The easiest way to partition your sdcard IMO is to use GParted. Download it, burn it to a CD and boot it up.

Honestly, if you're unable to figure out how to partition your SDCard I think you may be walking a thin line here and have a high probability of screwing something up...no offense.

BigWorldJust

Jun 14, 2009
Than that must be why, because I tried to do it manually with Terminal Emulator and it said the card didn't have enough space, than it made all of my applications quite unexpectedly. Than I restarted my phone and it got stuck on the Android loop screen, and I am in recovery mode trying to reinstall the latest JF update.