[ROM] VanillaRocket - Mods please close this topic

Search This thread

lilroach

May 2, 2010
SuperWipe Question

Hello,

I'm new to SuperWipe but I had a question about whether it could affect the unlock status of my T989D? I had great difficulty unlocking the phone and could only get it unlocked by a cell phone shop that did it manually. I'm able to load custom roms and the unlock status has remained.

I just want to know if there is a risk I could lose my unlock status with SuperWipe?

Thank you!

fuse1820

Oct 28, 2006
I'm putting in time to test things. Bluetooth, GPS, call echo, etc...it takes time to flash over and over again. A lot of changes have been made and I want to make sure they've settled in well. Every last trace of AT&T is now gone though.

As I've stated before, I want to FIX all of the big ICS issues. This includes the call echo, wi-fi calling, compass, and some audio problems. I want stability to be a big factor in my ROM.

I don't want to release a rushed ROM ;)
For the rec... almost lost my phone last night at 3AM. Left it on the bus. Didn't have lookout on it because it was running a beta version of the ROM. Fortunately a good samaritan picked up my calls and returned it to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

glensta

Jul 1, 2010
Over here
I'm putting in time to test things. Bluetooth, GPS, call echo, etc...it takes time to flash over and over again. A lot of changes have been made and I want to make sure they've settled in well. Every last trace of AT&T is now gone though.
I don't want to release a rushed ROM ;)
For the rec... almost lost my phone last night at 3AM. Left it on the bus. Didn't have lookout on it because it was running a beta version of the ROM. Fortunately a good samaritan picked up my calls and returned it to me.

Now that's a good samaritan indeed

Sent from my fargin phone!

fuse1820

Oct 28, 2006
Well at this rate, there won't be a ROM :mad:
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
I just fried my soft keys by flashing a SC-03D ROM to test some radio-related things.
Not even an ODIN flash fixed it.

/me is furious right now

Last edited:

fuse1820

Oct 28, 2006
I've been trying various things. Nothing is working.
My radio is borked too. I think my EFS got borked. :mad:
I'm giving it another attempt in ODIN

RealPariah

Aug 4, 2010
Well at this rate, there won't be a ROM :mad:
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
I just fried my soft keys by flashing a SC-03D ROM to test some radio-related things.
Not even an ODIN flash fixed it.

/me is furious right now

Sounds like when I accidentally formatted emmc and not sdcard, man I was pissed cause you get a USB driver install trying but need a box at that point to do a factory flash. Ended up getting lucky in that at that point you couldn't just read the device and my work without forensics and 5 days later new phone.

I feel you, and hopefully you had bad flash maybe after a few darkside wipes or a kick in the face (for the phone) will hopefully get it back.

I did see thread about putting soft keys on screen as touch bar across bottom of the screen somewhere on XDA if that helps.

Device: Samsung Tmobile S2 [SGH-T989]
ROM: Yaldak's Vanilla ICS RC2
Radio: Blaze 4g ICS Radio
Tweak Script: Newest Supercharger V6 ICS with modified services.jar
Superchargers 3g turbo boost
Superchargers Kernelizer Tweaks Script
Supercharger Extreme Battery Calibrator (manual as auto seems to freeze on countdown
(working on getting all that in to specific T989 pack single install as next project)

Reactions: evanladoux

fuse1820

Oct 28, 2006
Now THAT was a frantic 3 hours of being pissed off. Fortunately my EFS was okay.
I fixed the touch keys :D

If you ever have this touch key problem, you need a ROM with FactoryTest.apk and SelfTestMode.apk in it.

*** Make sure you use a Gingerbread T989 rom for T989, otherwise the keys will be very slgithly off***

Then you must type *#2663# in the dialer
Here there is an option to restore the touch key firmware.
Yay :):)

Last edited:

llaugerm

Nov 23, 2008
New York
Now THAT was a frantic 3 hours of being pissed off. Fortunately my EFS was okay.

If you ever have this touch key problem, you need a ROM with FactoryTest.apk and SelfTestMode.apk in it.

*** Make sure you use a Gingerbread T989 rom for T989, otherwise the keys will be very slgithly off***

Did Yaldak quit on us? He probably is going to surprise us with a nice state of the art ROM.

asting

Sep 2, 2010
Did Yaldak quit on us? He probably is going to surprise us with a nice state of the art ROM.

I think he's going through finals. I can relate.
What confuses me is that he editted the title of the OP (and thus the thread) to say "please close" but continues to use it.
At any rate, good luck on exams.

justfortest

Oct 1, 2005

What ROM did you use to restore the touch key firmware. I had the same issue.

Thanks

evanladoux

Jan 23, 2012
San Francisco
What ROM did you use to restore the touch key firmware. I had the same issue.

Thanks

I think any GB T989 rom will work if it has the apk files in it. I don't have the problem, but was curious & punched the code into my dialer & the correct interface popped up. I'm running the MALICE rom GB (now from rootzwiki).

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

justfortest

Oct 1, 2005
I can access to the fw screen. But no matter how many time I update and it actually say succeed. But it will stay the same old fw. It won't update. :(

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

RealPariah

Aug 4, 2010
Here I thought posting stopped until new thread, my bad.

Awesome fix yaldak I will work a flash pack out for it (yes Minotauri I an looking at you for edify help :) ).
I will gather files and everything and pm you when ready.

Device: Samsung Tmobile S2 [SGH-T989]
ROM: Yaldak's Vanilla ICS RC2
Radio: Blaze 4g ICS Radio
Tweak Script: Newest Supercharger V6 ICS with modified services.jar
(T989 single install next project)

fuse1820

Oct 28, 2006
I've indeed been busy with finals and the rom, basically splitting the time 60/40 respectavely. I've made significant progress on the following issues:

Wifi calling
Call echo
Flipped compass (a completely redone accelerometer and gyro fix too)
Audio car dock

But these things take a very long time. Its not fun to have to flash things every single moment. On top of that, a lot of these enhancements are based on trial and error hex editing and decompiling via IDA pro. Additonally I am awaiting for some users to authorize the use of their wok for my rom. I'm doing the best I can given my time constraints!

A few (2-3) users will also be testing the ROM before any release is made. I don't want to bring out something until I know it's of good quality.

Until then, I am using Ravers RC8 ROM and my G2X for non dev use. Its awesome and I reccommend it to anyone who has not used ICS yet and is curious, and anyone who wants a stable rom. Development of my own is still in progress. I'm doing what I can! :)

Cheers

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE 4
    Hello all,

Pending a new release for this ROM, I will stop supporting the "0.3" version originally posted.

I would like some help deciding cosmetics & features next release before it goes live. Please complete the following brief survey:
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VJRLWRZ

A lot of fixes and changes have been made and requests have been accounted for as long as they do not deviate from the nature of this ROM being clean, functional, stable, good-looking, and ready to be a base for future devs. The appearance will be very AOSP-ish but with traces of TouchWiz.

Heads up: there will be no XLoud\Beats Audio by default. We have enough audio issues as it is and these are IMHO not any better than using DSPManager (aside from having the cute Sony\Beats branding stamped on them).

I'm not releasing anything until I fix the damn call echo issue ...worst case scenario I will workaround it by keeping Noise Reduction off. But I want to fix it :)

Q&A: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24253640
    General questions? post in the above link...it will help me keep track better :)

^^
    I no longer wish to have two seperate topics. So post here...but wait till the next release before you do ;)

First of all, thank you to Racing19969 and anybody else associated with the Skyrocket ICS port...you made this possible.
    Also want to thank CyanogenMod (<3) and the original author of DSP Manager (will find credits tomorrow) from which I borrowing DSP Manager for this ROM
    The goal: to make a CLEAN, no frills alien TouchWiz + ICS rom. Its not meant to be exciting or have a crazy amount of hacks in it. In fact as of right now, the only packages added from the community are SuperUser and DSP Manager. And I don't plan on changing that.

Current status is...the ROM is running and its running QUICK. But there are some minor issues to be worked out and some beautification to be done.

The priorities:
    Stability
    Friendliness
    Battery Life

If you are going to comment without constructive criticism, then just look away from this thread. The ROM is what it is. If you are going to install it, I would appreciate pointing out as many bugs as you can :)

For right now (temporarily): I did add the wonderful, feather-weight Zeam Launcher alongside TouchWiz...this is because I had issues with TW force closing on me early on in the modification process. So until more progress is made on this ROM, I've decided to keep it in there in such an event that TW decides to be unhappy and constantly force close.

A *lot* of bloatware was removed, especially from AT&T and some of Samsung's own social/media/diary/etc packages. I want this ROM to be STABLE, fast, and clean.

Next release ETA:VERY VERY SOON. NOW THAT AUTO ROTATE WORKS :-D

That being said, there are still issues to be worked out. Here is the list of changes made right now:
    • Added DSPManager from update-cm-9-20120330-NIGHTLY-galaxys2-signed, not functional ATM
    • Added Gallery, Mms, and Shutdown from GT-I9100 XWKI4 ROM; This fixes the shutdown issue, the Gallery landscape resize issue, and the delete SMS thread FC issue
    • Also added Browser from GT-I9100 XWKI4 ROM; not only is it more stable but the Search icon is fixed in its place and it has more features
    • Added apns-conf.xml from above CM9 nightly
    • International Galaxy S2 boot animation (AT&T anim is hideous)
    • Removed many many bloat; I'll try to compile a better list later
    • Added latest version of Polaris Office from T-Mobile ROM...It's a simple, lightweight, and pretty good doc editor/viewer
    • Already rooted

TODO:
    • Merge racie's unsecure Skyrocket Kernel COMPLETE
    • ^^ Transform samsung boot animation to a ZIP to work with above kernel
    • Remove traces of Software Update COMPLETE
    • Put back the 2G - 3G / band select setting in our Settings menu Priority
    • Identify as SGH-T989 in build.prop
    • Removing AT&T contact sync wizard from Contacts.apk, also restore Contacts to the dialer tabs IN PROGRESS
    • Revisit shutdown issue IN PROGRESS
    • CWM flashable patch for the Skyrocket folks
    • Remove AT&T VM icon in Phone dialer
    • Fix T-Mo Voicemail indicator SMS Priority
    • Fix Auto-Rotation (perhaps by modifying Framework \ WindowListener) FIXED FOR NEXT RELEASE / PATCH AVAILABLE NOW :)
    • Remove remaining traces of AT&T Bloatware
    • Modify TouchWiz default home screen XML so that widget_service_v0.1.4_shared.apk can be removed from the system/app folder entirely prior to emptying the home screens COMPLETE
    • Remove debugging / service testing apps
    • Wi-Fi calling for T-Mobile
    • Change ugly status bar icons to stock ICS style; remove AM/PM indicator, and remove carrier label from status bar itself IN PROGRESS
    • Optimize PNGs, zipalign
    • Call echo and RIL issues; improve call quality IN PROGRESS Priority
    • Add quick toggles due to demand IN PROGRESS
    • Set up bug tracker website
    • Default Market to Play Store
    • A "Tweaks" menu to make some important modifications but without necessitating manual editing or downloading a lot of stuff from Market

PRIOR TO INSTALLING: Make sure you superwipe with DARKSIDE's SUPERWIPE script.

And finally...
    the link (flash with CWM):
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50663221/CleanICS0.3.zip

MIRROR:
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/9iWiyyMY/CleanICS03.html

Thank you to markusf21 for providing the above mirror. Bandwidth costs money, so please give this user a thanks!!

PS, my personal opinion...install the Telus radio. no echo issues thus far. But if you don't know what a radio is....don't do it.
    Update: I have big suspicions that this is a RIL or qualcomm audio config issue. It is now the priority problem which I will look to tomorrow..
    Guys..
    think I nailed auto rotate. About to flash the modified files to see
    Here and working...
    I want to cover for more issues before uploading.
    Will be a couple hours....sorry about the bad ETA:eek:
    Work is about to resume

Expect a big update in a few hours

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
    racing's kernel is making it in the next release
    as well as some TouchWiz mods (remove carrier label from status bar, AM/PM, at&t bs, etc)
    So this has taken me a little longer than few hours. But I don't want to make a ****ty release so I'm going to keep working.

AutoRotate...ALMOST THERE. Its just taking me a lot of reboots and dalvik wipes
    @markusf21...by modifying the framework.jar....specifically playing with android\view\WindowOrientationListener.smali
    Essentially it is a dirty hack tricking Android into taking this kernel's rotate values