Dolby Surround Sound Implement! [Latest Player Updated V4.1.513]

Search This thread

eddie24902005

Aug 22, 2011
Hi everyone, I have been using the infuse 4G with a wolfston DAC inside for a year and just switched to 4X for a month. I use my phone as music player so I am really concern about the audio quality of the phone. I read the review of 4X from GSM arena and it says the audio quality of 4X is poor and I agreed with that, even Dolby is already "inside". I think LG is using proper hardware so far but they just failed to do the best software adjustment. So we need to do it by ourselves.

Instructions:

First, download root uninstaller to uninstall original music fx

My phone is rooted and I don't know if that works with non-tooted phones.....:confused:
By the way, I have installed the beats audio too, u can search from the play store,I am not sure
it that makes a difference but just in case for optimum performance. However, the dolby is definitely working!
U may wonder why I need to introduce another dolby to u because there is dolby option in
the stock music player. The point is the stock one is just not good, install the following then u will know
the difference.

The Dolby.apk is in Simplified Chinese but I think you guys can get through it coz it is just simple stuff, I will explain.
The Dolby Player is actually a certain Google Music Player, the version is not the latest as it is the one from the stock rom
of another phone---- ZTE Blade.
The Dolby.apk can also work with some other players such as the walkman player but u cannot adjust the 3D effect and bass.
So, download both files as they work together.

PS: I found out that the Dolby is actually quite similar to the music fx which u can found on play store but
I just think Dolby is better.

If u have installed DSP Manager, please UNINSTALL DSP MANAGER first before installing this!
They cannot work together!

1: Install Dolby.apk
2: Open it directly after installation
3: You will see Simplified Chinese Explanation with Dolby Surround Sound label, that's normal.
4: Push the home key(let it run in the background) and install the player.
5: Open the player, you will see nothing is on the list, just push the home key,15 seconds later,
reopen the player then it will appear the tracks u have in the phone.
6: Play the track, then a box with Chinese characters will pop up which notifies u that Dolby Sound is activated.
7: While playing the track, u can press the option key(key on the right hand side of home key on the phone),
u will see Sound Effects, where u can do your own settings.
8: Check the box (Dolby Mobile)
9: Second option is a list of equalizer presets, for me , the "杜比助力器" is the best, or u can choose other
from the list.
10: Just refer to pictures below.....:highfive:

2012-09-05-01-11-57.jpg

2012-09-05-01-09-10.jpg

2012-09-05-01-12-30.jpg

2012-09-05-01-12-50.jpg

2012-09-05-01-13-06.jpg

2012-09-05-01-13-31.jpg

Feel free to ask questions here:good:

Attachments

• Dolby.apk
    215.6 KB · Views: 56,021
Last edited:

lunatik49

Jan 16, 2011
Thank you mate :laugh: I will test it, but i don't think it will be as good as PowerAMP sound quality :fingers-crossed:

Edit : The Dolby Surround doesn't seems to be recognized and no box poped up which notifies me that Dolby Sound is activated.
No dolby option neither inside "sound effects" option.

Last edited:

eddie24902005

Aug 22, 2011
Thank you mate :laugh: I will test it, but i don't think it will be as good as PowerAMP sound quality :fingers-crossed:

Edit : The Dolby Surround doesn't seems to be recognized and no box poped up which notifies me that Dolby Sound is activated.
No dolby option neither inside "sound effects" option.

You can try to uninstall them first(both the player and dolby), and try again. Make sure u install the dolby.apk first before installing the player. After installing the dolby.apk, open the dolby application then install the player. By the way do u have some other equalizer or virtualizer installed before such as DSP manager or something like volume boost? I suggest you to uninstall them before installing Dolby:cool:

Maatje

Mar 1, 2007
not working on rooted 10f (for me)

You can try to uninstall them first(both the player and dolby), and try again. Make sure u install the dolby.apk first before installing the player. After installing the dolby.apk, open the dolby application then install the player. By the way do u have some other equalizer or virtualizer installed before such as DSP manager or something like volume boost? I suggest you to uninstall them before installing Dolby:cool:

Not working on rooted firmware 10f. Tried uninstall and install again. No other dsp active. I do however have Poweramp installed (but it was not active).

Would be nice to have better sound. Original LG app with Dolby setting activated improves the sound dramatically, BUT music is stuttering on bluetooth stereo headset unfortunately.

eddie24902005

Aug 22, 2011
Not working on rooted firmware 10f. Tried uninstall and install again. No other dsp active. I do however have Poweramp installed (but it was not active).

Would be nice to have better sound. Original LG app with Dolby setting activated improves the sound dramatically, BUT music is stuttering on bluetooth stereo headset unfortunately.

For the stutterring,u must install the cpu overclock software to avoid. It is the problem that LG has limited the cpu running speed
n order to minimize battery usage. But they didn't do it nicely,so u need to install voltage or cpu control and adjust the minimum cpu speed to around 600 or 1000( u need to try it out yourself). For the Dolby,i don't have poweramp installed,u may uninstall that and try because I am also using V10f.:highfive:

eddie24902005

Aug 22, 2011
PS: Just figure out some users might need to install root uninstaller pro and use it to uninstall the original music fx before all the operation in order to let the dolby work!

Xenogenics

Jul 15, 2012
You better not be another account of that vijay2 guy.

Sent from my (V10f, Rooted, CWM-Installed, Deodex-ed, Camera-Moded V5) LG Optimus 4X HD P880

Nafiganado

Apr 19, 2009
Kyiv
Guys,

can someone confirm Dolby working with PowerAmp on 10f firmware?

I have tried DSP before, but I can see the sound is not anyway what I have expected (mid frequancies are a mess and sound itself is not crystal). So I have decided to try Dolby.

BUT

i would like to use it with PowerAmp - I have bought this player from the start of my Android life, because find it the most comfortable to use.

eddie24902005

Aug 22, 2011
Guys,

can someone confirm Dolby working with PowerAmp on 10f firmware?

I have tried DSP before, but I can see the sound is not anyway what I have expected (mid frequancies are a mess and sound itself is not crystal). So I have decided to try Dolby.

BUT

i would like to use it with PowerAmp - I have bought this player from the start of my Android life, because find it the most comfortable to use.

I am sorry .... that doesnt work with poweramp...

eddie24902005

Aug 22, 2011
I have already said that it is quite similar to music fx in play store but I do believe that there is some difference.

eddie24902005

Aug 22, 2011
Hey whatever you think man. Anything that doesn't look tested to me, don't receive my vote. Not that it counts

Sent from my (V10f, Rooted, CWM-Installed, Deodex-ed, Camera-Moded V5) LG Optimus 4X HD P880

Thanks for your reply but at least I would like to know if my post bricked your phone or making u feel bad? I have tested it numerous times. If you dislike this,just get sth better and share with us so then u can just confidently contact the operator to dump my post and post your invention.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone, I have been using the infuse 4G with a wolfston DAC inside for a year and just switched to 4X for a month. I use my phone as music player so I am really concern about the audio quality of the phone. I read the review of 4X from GSM arena and it says the audio quality of 4X is poor and I agreed with that, even Dolby is already "inside". I think LG is using proper hardware so far but they just failed to do the best software adjustment. So we need to do it by ourselves.

Instructions:

First, download root uninstaller to uninstall original music fx

My phone is rooted and I don't know if that works with non-tooted phones.....:confused:
    By the way, I have installed the beats audio too, u can search from the play store,I am not sure
    it that makes a difference but just in case for optimum performance. However, the dolby is definitely working!
    U may wonder why I need to introduce another dolby to u because there is dolby option in
    the stock music player. The point is the stock one is just not good, install the following then u will know
    the difference.

The Dolby.apk is in Simplified Chinese but I think you guys can get through it coz it is just simple stuff, I will explain.
    The Dolby Player is actually a certain Google Music Player, the version is not the latest as it is the one from the stock rom
    of another phone---- ZTE Blade.
    The Dolby.apk can also work with some other players such as the walkman player but u cannot adjust the 3D effect and bass.
    So, download both files as they work together.

PS: I found out that the Dolby is actually quite similar to the music fx which u can found on play store but
    I just think Dolby is better.

If u have installed DSP Manager, please UNINSTALL DSP MANAGER first before installing this!
    They cannot work together!

1: Install Dolby.apk
    2: Open it directly after installation
    3: You will see Simplified Chinese Explanation with Dolby Surround Sound label, that's normal.
    4: Push the home key(let it run in the background) and install the player.
    5: Open the player, you will see nothing is on the list, just push the home key,15 seconds later,
    reopen the player then it will appear the tracks u have in the phone.
    6: Play the track, then a box with Chinese characters will pop up which notifies u that Dolby Sound is activated.
    7: While playing the track, u can press the option key(key on the right hand side of home key on the phone),
    u will see Sound Effects, where u can do your own settings.
    8: Check the box (Dolby Mobile)
    9: Second option is a list of equalizer presets, for me , the "杜比助力器" is the best, or u can choose other
    from the list.
    10: Just refer to pictures below.....:highfive:

2012-09-05-01-11-57.jpg

2012-09-05-01-09-10.jpg

2012-09-05-01-12-30.jpg

2012-09-05-01-12-50.jpg

2012-09-05-01-13-06.jpg

2012-09-05-01-13-31.jpg

Feel free to ask questions here:good:
    I 've decompiled this APP and found that it's the MusicFX app with added Dolby Mobile labels. It's fake.
    nvm..... I need to learn reading :)
    Thanks for posting. Sounds really good.
    Thanks for support ^^ :victory: