[Q] <Q> How to root Sharp Sh 12-c

Search This thread

cheeseus

Mar 18, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo
sharp.cheeseus.org
Great! Thank you! I don't have the SH-12C but I will try this once my brother returns - or once I get my hands on my friend's SH-12C. Meanwhile, other owners of the SH-12C can try this and report.

Last edited:

cheeseus

Mar 18, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo
sharp.cheeseus.org
I am trying to root the SH-12C by following the instructions... They're not working... Something is not right, something is missing maybe.

To begin with, the root package is now impossible to find. I did manage to find it a couple of weeks ago (not from the original download location) and have uploaded it to my website for those who might need it.

I do not understand the command:
cd 初回導入用 ***(just cd into this directory, copy and paste the Japanese into the command prompt or rename the folder to something memorable in English)***

Where is this 初回導入用 folder? I don't have it in the package I downloaded. What's supposed to be in it?

I skipped this line, and continued with the other commands. These three seem to execute without problems:
Code:
adb shell mkdir /data/local/bin/
adb push flash_image /data/local/bin/
adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/bin/flash_image

But this one doesn't make sense:
Code:
adb push Superuser2.3.6.3\su /data/local/bin/

The Superuser I have in the package is just "Superuser.apk", the version isn't part of the name, although the file seems to be this exact version.
Then, the backslash after "Superuser" is strange. What does it mean? Normally, it would mean "inside the Superuser folder". So, I tried "push Superuser.apk\su" and "Superuser\su" and "Superuser2.3.6.3\su" but of course I get "no such file or directory".

So, instead, I pushed "Superuser.apk" and "su" separately. Then I executed this:
Code:
adb push autoexec.sh /data/local/bin/
without problems.

After that I rebooted. Launched SHBreak4 once. Tapped the "Exit" button after a few (ten-twenty) seconds. Then waited for more than 30 seconds. Tapping on SHBreak4 does nothing. I can't seem to launch it again. I tried this a couple of times (after rebooting). In one attempt, SHBreak4 appeared in the list of running apps (tap the right hand side button of the Home launcher). But nothing afterwards...

When I try the "su" command via ADB I get "permission denied" meaning SHBreak4 hasn't managed to do what's expected.

Any ideas? Has anyone got further than this?

Last edited:
G

ghostparty13

Yo I'll try to help you out!

To begin with, the root package is now impossible to find. I did manage to find it a couple of weeks ago (not from the original download location) and have uploaded it to my website for those who might need it.

Hmmm I'm not having any problems downloading the root package from her: http://sun.dyndns.info/sh12c/sh12c_boot_rescue0910.zip

Where is this 初回導入用 folder? I don't have it in the package I downloaded. What's supposed to be in it?

If you're able to download the package from the link I posted immediately above then it should definitely have this folder in it. If you're running Windows XP it's possible you don't have the East Asian languages pack so some of the folder names will just appear as a bunch of squares instead of Japanese characters. Try downloading the root package from the link above and extract it somewhere. Inside there should be four folders and some files. To make entering commands easier it might be best to just change the folder names to "a" "b" "c" and "d". The 初回導入用 folder should have a Superuser folder inside of it as well as three small files. This is the main one.

I skipped this line, and continued with the other commands. These three seem to execute without problems:
Code:
adb shell mkdir /data/local/bin/
adb push flash_image /data/local/bin/
adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/bin/flash_image

But this one doesn't make sense:
Code:
adb push Superuser2.3.6.3¥su /data/local/bin/

The Superuser I have in the package is just "Superuser.apk", the version isn't part of the name, although the file seems to be this exact version.
Then, the Yen sign (¥)... What does it mean? I have no way to write this sign in my CMD window, and pasting it doesn't work (a question mark is pasted instead).

Again, if you can get the link above to download the Superuser file should definitely have the version name attached. As for the Yen sign... yeah my bad. My computer has a Japanese version of Windows on it and that means that instead of a backslash " \ " it appears as a Yen sign. Just replace the Yen sign with a backslash and you should be fine.

After that I rebooted. Launched SHBreak4 once. Tapped the "Exit" button after a few (ten-twenty) seconds. Then waited for more than 30 seconds. Tapping on SHBreak4 does nothing. I can't seem to launch it again. I tried this a couple of times (after rebooting). In one attempt, SHBreak4 appeared in the list of running apps (tap the right hand side button of the Home launcher). But nothing afterwards...

Not sure why SHBreak4 is failing to open a second time for you but it could possibly be related to one of the problems we ran into above. Try running through the guide using the download attachment link I posted and replacing that Yen sign with a backslash!

Good luck and sorry for totally missing that Yen sign! Let us know how it goes!

cheeseus

Mar 18, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo
sharp.cheeseus.org
Yo I'll try to help you out!
Good luck and sorry for totally missing that Yen sign! Let us know how it goes!

Success!

I had to do some of the stuff differently - but in the end it all worked out.

The first problem was the SHBreak4 not wanting to run properly the second time it is launched. So, I decided to "help it out". I installed SHBreak_1.7, ran it, got temp root, installed SHBreak4. Now, when I launched it again, I did see the "Break" option but got an error some files were missing in /data/data/jp.marijuana.SHBreakV4/app_bin/au --- in fact, there was no folder called "app_bin".

Using the temp root permissions I had acquired, I copied manually all the necessary files into /data/local/ and /data/local/bin. --- NOTE that the file "nandunlockshspamp" is not mentioned in the instructions, so at first I didn't copy it, but now I did.

Running SHBreak4 succeeded this time. The "break" option worked nice and easy.

Then I did all the backup. However, I couldn't get SU via ADB ("permission denied"). So, I installed Superuser.apk on the phone, then installed Terminal Emulator.

I ran all the backup commands from the Terminal Emulator. All smooth.

Then pulled the images via ADB, compared them, all was OK.

Again, I couldn't flash to recovery via ADB, so I flashed via Terminal Emulator - smooth.
Booted into recovery, completed the rest of the backup activities.

Successfully pushed "su" into /system/bin/.

Skipped the install Superuser.apk part - I had already installed it.

In the last section (#12),
Code:
su
mount _sd
mount _data
flash_image recovery /mnt/sdcard/mtdbackup/recovery.img
flash_image boot /mnt/data/local/boot_rescue0910.img

I couldn't mount _sd or _data --- got some error that something was missing (in /etc/...). The first "flash_image" command worked via ADB, the second didn't. So I ran the second via Terminal Emulator - no problems.

Well, that's it, I guess. The phone is now fully rooted.

I suppose the first thing I'll try to do is merge the updated apps with their earlier versions in /system/app --- in order to free up some ROM space. That's what I did with my SH-01D and my 005SH.

And, since this isn't my phone, but belongs to a friend, and I will be helping him try to sell it, I won't play with it too much. I managed to put my SH-01D in a boot loop two days ago because I did something really stupid (edited build.prop and changed ALL instances of the phone's name, whereas I should have only changed it in one instance), and it is now travelling to Japan, and I'm hoping Docomo will fix it for me for free...

Thanks for the translation of the root instructions! I only saw your post after I had finished rooting BUT I will soon be re-doing this procedure, as my brother's SH-12C will need rooting too (in a month or so).

....Just tried again, I can't open that link. I guess it is only accessible from Japan. Can you please email it to me --- cheeseus at dir dot bg.

cheeseus

Mar 18, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo
sharp.cheeseus.org
Guys, HELP please!

The SH-12C went into a boot loop - after the Docomo logo, the Aquos Phone logo loads, rotates for a while, and then pauses... and starts again (just like my SH-01D).

After rooting it, I used Link2SD to integrate the updates of system apps into /system/app, and that's it. The phone was working fine until now, when I decided to reset it to factory defaults (Settings > Privacy). The phone booted into service mode (or whatever it is called) with the droid and the box, did the deleting part, and then rebooted again... into a boot loop.

I tried to start recovery mode - after the Home button starts flashing, I pressed it, it started flashing faster. The Docomo logo stayed for longer, then the Aquos Phone logo appeared, and ...

When I connect the phone to the PC, and type "adb reboot recovery" the droid with a triangle and an exclamation mark appears... But nothing after that.

EDIT: Reading and trying to make sense of the Readme file. Particularly this part:

◆ Key functions

・Key functions before entering rescue mode
 POWER key : Boot from NAND
 CAMERA key : Boot from SDHC (if the files are in /mnt/sdcard/sdboot/)
 HOME key : Switch to rescue mode
 SEARCH key : Enable the su in adb (flashing button until the end) until the start of the boot. Does not enter rescue mode. Primarily for debugging.

・Key functions in rescue mode
 POWER key : Boot from NAND to exit the rescue mode
 CAMERA key : Boot from SDHC to exit rescue mode (if the files are in /mnt/sdcard/sdboot/)
 HOME key : Boot from NAND, exit the rescue mode
 SEARCH key : Restart adbd. Primarily for debugging.

I've tried all the buttons... nothing happens --- In some of the cases, the phone will show the Aquos logo and then loop in it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT 2: OK, I can start SU in ADB.
I am able to mount_sd / mount_data. So I reflashed that boot_recovery0910.img --- first to recovery, then to boot, no errors. When I try to boot - normally or into recovery - I still get to the Aquos Phone logo loop...

The only idea and hope I have at the moment is to find the built-in versions of all those apps in /system/app that I updated and integrated the update of. Because that's the only thing I've done since rooting the phone (I didn't freeze any apps) that could be preventing the phone from booting properly. When I get them, I will push them to /system/app to overwrite the updated ones, and hope this was the problem...

Oh, dear... Just found this text in the Readme:
・RECOVERYパーティションを書き換えたまま、設定>プライバシー>オールリセットすると、起動時無限ループに陥って文鎮化するそうなので注意して下さい(未確認)
・If you overwrite the RECOVERY partition, and then reset the phone from Settings > Privacy > reset all, this might brick your phone by causing it to loop infinitely at boot.

Last edited:

cheeseus

Mar 18, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo
sharp.cheeseus.org
Resurrected!

Sorted! When the phone booted completely and loaded the Home screen, I shouted "aaaaaaaaaaa" and even startled my girlfriend :D

So, here's what to do if you find yourself in the same situation:

1. Power up the phone. Wait a few seconds till the buttons start flashing. Press HOME - they fill start flashing faster. You are now in recovery (rescue) mode.

2. Plug the USB cable to connect the phone to the PC. Start ADB.

3. Type:
You will see $. Now type
The cursor will change to #. You now have SU.

4. We assume that you have backed up both the recovery and boot partitions of the phone to the microSD. Now type:
Now type:
flash_image recovery /mnt/sdcard/mtdbackup/recovery.img
If you get a "can't open" error and you are sure the folder and file exist, just change the file's permissions:
chmod 755 /mnt/sdcard/mtdbackup/recovery.img

Now do the same with the boot image:
flash_image boot /mnt/sdcard/mtdbackup/boot.img

Now type:

The phone should now boot normally. You will not have root permissions. If you want them, you'll need to re-root.

At least I can confirm that updating the system apps and integrating the updates into /system/app is safe and is not the cause for my sufferings.

G

ghostparty13

Sorry a cold has knocked me out for the past few days, glad you were able to get out of boot loop!
From the sound of it it looks like you're saying that you will not normally have root on your phone now. However, I think that su does reside in your system folder (not positive cause I don't have your exact model of phone). Somewhere in this thread somebody posted a link to a widget apk that you could install that supposedly would allow you to flip su on and off at will. Might not hurt to check it out!

cheeseus

Mar 18, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo
sharp.cheeseus.org
Sorry a cold has knocked me out for the past few days, glad you were able to get out of boot loop!
From the sound of it it looks like you're saying that you will not normally have root on your phone now. However, I think that su does reside in your system folder (not positive cause I don't have your exact model of phone). Somewhere in this thread somebody posted a link to a widget apk that you could install that supposedly would allow you to flip su on and off at will. Might not hurt to check it out!

I managed to root again. The instructions - as provided, and as posted on my website - do not work for me. This is because the first part, where we push the various files to /data/local or /data/local/bin just won't work on my phone --- although ADB reports that the files were pushed normally.

To overcome this, I put the files on the microSD, then install SHBreak_1.7, get temp root, install Terminal Emulator, and via it copy the files to /data/local (I didn't bother create a /bin/ folder, just put everything in /data/local). Then I run SHBreak4, it does the thing it does. Then I proceed with the instructions - to flash to recovery, again from the phone, via Terminal Emulator (can't get # SU via ADB).

Then reboot to recovery, then copy the SU file to /system/bin. The flash to boot...

As I am selling the phone, I will need to reset it to factory defaults if someone buys it. I hope it won't go into a boot loop again. But even if it does, I should be able to flash the backup image(s) back to the phone, and save the day...

Please, download that package for me (from the original site) and email it to me. I have tried so many times now, it just won't open from here (Bulgaria, the other side of the world). Maybe the reason why I've had to do things differently is because I'm not using the original package?

And get better soon!

--------------------------------------------
EDIT: There is this text in the Readme, and I'll appreciate some help making full sense of it:

・build 01.01.02以前のSH-12CへこのカスタムROMを導入すると無線LANがエラーで利用不能になるようです。
 ソースファイルを追った所、SYSTEMパーティションにある古いファイルとの齟齬が原因と思われますが、
 手元に01.01.02のSYSTEMが無い為、再現が出来ず該当ファイルの特定には至っていません。

Here is my translation (with the help of Google Translate) of the first line, but I'm not absolutely sure it's correct:

After installing this custom ROM, wireless LAN may be unavailable and throw an error message for builds earlier than 01.01.02.

Does it say "earlier than 01.01.02"? Or is 01.01.02 included?

The phone I've rooted has 01.01.03. But my brother's SH-12C, which I will be try to root soon, has 01.01.02 I think. And I'd like to know if his version is at risk of losing wi-fi connectivity...

Last edited:

cheeseus

Mar 18, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo
sharp.cheeseus.org
Again, sorry for the delay!

Try downloading the package from my dropbox here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwhxsvdcmmkcczr/sh12c_boot_rescue0910.zip

If you still can't download it I'll email you!

Got it, thank you! This package contains more files than the one I got - it looks like someone has removed "unimportant" bits from it and put it on Mediafire (if I remember correctly). Well, the essential files are the same, which is good.

Meanwhile, I have been struggling with the English translation of the Readme.txt file. Do you feel like helping complete it? It contains a lot more info, and important info, than the general instructions. Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzomulcvx5ioo39/readme_EN.txt

Where I am sure I've got the meaning correctly, I've deleted the Japanese text. Where I'm in doubt, the English translation is next to or above the Japanese text, and some bits haven't been translated at all because I can't make any sense of the Google Translate output.

When this translation is ready, I will upload it to my website - the complete root package - for people to use it :)

robotechno

Jul 11, 2009
Sorry..i have a sh-12c locked pattern...plz help me find out the way to unlock...google mail account didnot help

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

cheeseus

Mar 18, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo
sharp.cheeseus.org
Sorry..i have a sh-12c locked pattern...plz help me find out the way to unlock...google mail account didnot help

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

I don't know a way to recover the unlock code/pattern. Never use lock codes/patters that you aren't absolutely sure you remember!

You can try rebooting the phone in Safe Mode. Maybe from there you can reset to factory settings. To boot into Safe Mode: Shut down the phone. Wait for 20 seconds. Press and hold the MENU button. Without releasing the MENU button, press POWER. Do not release the MENU button until the phone has booted completely. You will see "Safe Mode" in the lower left corner.

cheeseus

Mar 18, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo
sharp.cheeseus.org
Rooting software version 01.01.02

Just rooted my brother's SH-12C, which runs 01.01.02. As the rootikit warns, for software version under 01.01.02, wi-fi may stop working. Indeed, it won't start - returns an error.

The solution is to complete the rooting procedure, i.e. the flash boot_rescue0910.img to the boot partition, do whatever you want to do --- in my case, install Link2SD, TitaniumBackup, and AutoStarts, then integrate all updates to /system/app, backup and uninstall (or freeze) the unwanted built-in apps, and finally, disable a bunch of start-up bloatware items --- then flash the original (backed up) boot.img and only have root access in recovery mode.

If anyone has an idea how to solve this issue --- get wi-fi to work when rooted --- please share your ideas.

P.S. The complete rooting procedure instructions are now available on my website, plus all required files. Using SHBreak v.4 is not mandatory. The initial temp rooting can be done using SHbreak 1.7 / 1.8 + ISTweak too, which are much lighter.

Last edited:

minhdangoz94

Dec 13, 2012
Ho Chi Minh
bootloader

Okay, so with the help of xerxesnet and the USB drivers last night, I had a bit of a fiddle around and this is what I found out. I'm sure it's nothing we don't already know. I used a WIndows 7 x64 machine, by the way:

1. Not sure if this is just limited to me or not, but I could only get USB debugging to enable under MTP mode. Sending adb and fastboot commands in other modes would have no effect, as the device can't be found.

2. adb works, and I could access the recovery easily enough. There are no menu items in the recovery, though. I tried tapping all over the screen, all the hardware buttons and quite a few different combinations, but couldn't make any options of any type appear.

3. I couldn't adb or fastboot reboot into the bootloader. It just boots straight into the OS every time. It seems strange that there would be zero access at all.

4. Obviously, fastboot oem unlock didn't work. However, I got an infinite 'waiting for device' loop rather than an error. All drivers were properly installed, so not sure whether the oem unlock command may actually work or not.

I'll have a crack at SuperOneClick tonight, with both psneuter and GingerBreak exploits. I'll also see if I can make any headway with pushing the oem unlock command. It'd be nice if that was all that was standing in the way of removing the NAND lock, although I'm not too hopeful.

I'll have a bit more of a poke around adb and fastboot also, try some of the other commands and see what I turn up. I'll report back in the morning.

Cheers!

thanks so much !
We can't enter to bootloader mode
also can't do anything with recovery
What can we do if Sh12c got brick?

terry11xx

May 5, 2012
Could somebody help me !!

I've read cheeseus post about how to restore from boot loop. I tried using his method but it didn't work. My sh12c cannot boot into recovery.

I've bricked my phone when I tried to root it by SHBreak and do a factory reset, after that it won't boot anymore. It stuck in a docomo screen, and not even passing to the AQUOS screen.

Could somebody help me.

(I did not backup my phone before it's bricked and the firmware link in "http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1332375" isn't working. Could somebody please upload it again?)

Last edited:

cheeseus

Mar 18, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo
sharp.cheeseus.org
I've read cheeseus post about how to restore from boot loop. I tried using his method but it didn't work. My sh12c cannot boot into recovery.

I've bricked my phone when I tried to root it by SHBreak and do a factory reset, after that it won't boot anymore. It stuck in a docomo screen, and not even passing to the AQUOS screen.

Could somebody help me.

(I'd not did backup my phone before it's bricked and the firmware link in "http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1332375" won't working. Could somebody please upload it again?)

The resurrection method I've described ONLY works if you've rooted the phone using the rooting method described in the same article.

SHBreak only gives you temporary root so it's strange that you're stuck in a boot loop. You have probably disabled or uninstalled some system apps - and this ALWAYS leads to a boot loop if you perform a factory reset. I am sure that other people beside me have warned of this - I sure have in the relevant article on my website.

I'm afraid your only option now is to send the phone to Docomo in Japan.

terry11xx

May 5, 2012
Thank you for your reply.

sorry to hear that, I got this phone about a year ago, I've used SHBreak when this tool was just created, and anyone didn't know it'll cause a boot loop.

I tried bringing it back to docomo shops in Japan, but they kept asking me a contact I don't have
(Being a traveler, I can't buy a phone in Japan, so I bought it in a second hand shop.)

According to the shop's policy they cannot restore it for me.

ftck4

Sep 7, 2012
Root Fujitsu F03D

Hello, Is anyone who help me to root my Fujitsu F03-D ?
Or can said how to use flash tool to make a android version which is rooted ?
Thanks for all answers ;):fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    how to get root SH-12C

Hi, I'm goroh_kun from japan.
    If you can get own risk, and don't care about losing the maker warranty,
    I can help you.
    But I can't talk the security hole in public, because of legal problem in japan.

If you really want to get root, please DM me, thanks.
    This is a step-by-step guide to updating your Sharp SH-12C to 1.01.02, skipping the 1.00.06 incremental update in the process.

DISCLAIMER:

Please note that I take no credit for the discovery of the method, I am merely providing a guide. Props to Tomtindall for devising the method!

Please also note that this was done on a Windows 7 x64 machine. I am unsure whether the method will differ for Mac/Linux, as I do not use them.

I also take no responsibility for what may happen if you decide to use this guide.

FIRST STEPS:

First, you will need the two .zip files provided by Tom, attached to Post 80 . Download them to your desktop. You will also require the Apache Web server software package, and the Posadis DNS server software package. You can use others, however I cannot assist you with correct setup for different programs.

Assign your computer an IP address manually using Windows. It must be an IP address within your current address range. Make sure you download all required files first (the actual update image itself is not required at this stage) in case you lose connectivity.

SETTING UP HTTP AND DNS SERVERS:

Install both Apache and Posadis to your computer. Make sure you run Apache as a service for all users on port 80 (it will give you an option during Setup). They can both run on the same machine, from the same IP address, no problems.

Both programs will install shortcuts to your start bar, and Apache should begin running automatically (small feather icon in the systray with green arrow). If it does not, it may be conflicting with another program using port 80. Disable your Firewall, TeamViewer, Skype or any other IM/Remote Assistance/Gaming programs and try again.

Right-click on the feather icon and select 'open Apache Monitor'. This will allow you to stop/start the server if necessary. Keep this window open. If the server is running, you will see a green light.

Navigate to the folder you installed Apache to (C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2) by default. In here you will find a folder called 'htdocs'. Copy the 'firm_update.zip' from Tom's post into this folder, and extract. You should then have a new folder called 'firm_update' containing some random image files as well as several XMLs. The 'index' file also here is not used. Web server setup complete.

Extract the 4sh.jp.prm.zip file from Tom's post and copy the resulting 4sh.jp.prm file to C:/Program Files (x86)/Posadis X.XX.X/Config folder.

Open the Start menu and under the Posadis shortcuts, select Master File Editor. Select Open, then double-click the 4sh.jp.prm file in the right-hand side window. An editor window will open.

Change the IP addresses at ad-dl and ns1 to that of your machine with Apache and Posadis installed. Don't worry about the two @ lines. Save and close.

Reopen the Start menu, and under the Posadis shortcuts, select Start Posadis. A command prompt window will open and should say that the 4sh.jp master file is loaded, along with a serial number (not needed). Keep this window open.

SETTING UP YOUR ROUTER (OPTIONAL - NOT NECESSARY IF YOU MANUALLY SET THE DNS1 ON THE SH-12C - SEE NEXT SECTION):

Log into your home router, and under Internet settings change the DNS from 'automatically from ISP' (or similar), to the address of the machine with Apache and Posadis. Reboot your router. If this completes successfully, you should lose internet connectivity and get the 'limited network connectivity' warning. If you don't, disable and re-enable your NIC, and reboot your router again.

READYING YOUR SH-12C:

Turn WiFi on on your Sharp, and go to WiFi settings. On the settings page, press menu for 'advanced'. Assign a static IP on your network (NOT the address of your machine with the servers), and use the address of the machine running Apache and Posadis as DNS1. Make DNS2 all zeroes.

Disable and re-enable WiFi on the Sharp, and use the browser to navigate to http://ad-dl.4sh.jp/firm_update/DOCOMO_SH-12C_VFizvH5o.xml. If you see text relating to 1.01.02, you are ready to go! If you don't, please repeat the
    SETTING UP SERVERS steps.

Enter Settings > About Phone > Major Update. Select Confirm Update. If done correctly, you will be prompted with a new version!

Your notification will not disappear now until you reboot the phone (you will need to repeat all above steps if this happens), so it is safe to reset your Router to normal settings, and your phone WiFi also. DO NOT REBOOT YOUR PHONE!

Refer to post 126 by y2kbugleung to continue with the update process. Before doing so, make sure you reset your Router to obtain a DNS automatically from your ISP, or to use the DNS servers provided to you by your ISP. The internet connection must be restored for the update to continue.

!!DISCLAIMER!!
    This worked for me, but as always, there is the real chance of bricking when updating firmware so do this at your own risk.
    !!DISCLAIMER!!

The wi-fi sniffing bit isn't needed so I've left that out (it's only needed during the investigation phase to find out what the phone's update function is doing)

Requirements: (If you know what you are doing, you can improvise with different ways to do this)
    - Web server (eg Apache)
    - DNS server (eg Posadis)
    - Support for specifying the DNS server on your Wi-fi router/access point

Note: If someone has webspace and a public dns server, we could put these files onto there and the only thing people would have to do is set their wifi dns setting to point to the server

Web server
    -----------
    1. Install and setup a webserver if you don't have one. (If you don't know how to do this, stop now as the rest of the guide will be too difficult)

2. Extract the firm_update.zip into the public root of your web server (eg you should see files like http://yourwebserver/firm_update/DOCOMO_SH-12C_VFizvH5o.xml)
    - You probably only need the xml file above, but I've put all the other config files as well just in case.

DNS server
    -----------
    1. Install posadis
    2. Copy the 4sh.jp.prm file into the Config folder (Eg C:\Program Files\Posadis 0.60.6\Config\4sh.jp.prm)
    3. Double click the prm file and change the following settings:
    - Domain name | Data
    ad-dl | 192.168.1.25 <----- change this ip to the ip address of your web server
    ns1 | 192.168.1.104 <----- change this ip to the ip address of your dns server (the machine posadis is running on)
    4. Run posadis

Wi-fi settings
    -------------
    1. This is unfortunately router specific
    - On the access point/router you use to connect your phone to, you will need to change the DNS server to point to the ip address of the server you have just set up.
    - This is usually in the dhcp server settings of your router
    - you may need to make sure that the pc that is going to run the docomo update tool is NOT using that dns server to resolve ip addresses (otherwise you'll need to put all the install files onto your web server as well

- an alternative that wssiu suggested is to set the dns server in the 'advanced menu' of the wifi settings on the phone (you'll also need to know what ip address, gateway and netmask to use which is dependent on your local network).

2. Proceed with the installation as per the docomo instructions

Hopefully someone with more time can make this simpler or write a simple tool to wrap all this.
    Does anyone here know how to sniff wifi packets?

I'm guessing it must be accessing some file on the net which says which base version the update needs. If we know the web address and the contents of the file, we could probably redirect the access to our own file which fakes the version so we can update without first going to 1.0.6.

I read up on sniffing packets and finally my phone is updating right now!!! :) :)

Directly from 01.00.04 (without the minor update 01.00.06).

If my phone doesn't die, I'll post more details on how I did it.

p1000688e.jpg

Woohoo!! It works and it kept all my previous settings and applications too.

p1000692e.jpg
    ありがとう ありがとう :D

updated!!!^^

Worked for me on one machine with one ip-address!

SH-12C USB-Driver in the attachment