[GUIDE] Flashing Original Firmwares >1GB / Unbrick Procedure (UPDATED 07/12/13)

Search This thread

depipuchos

Feb 19, 2010
this not work

not work this.. i have windows 8 on 64 bits, follow the instructions but just say :

12:03:59 Launching SW update
12:03:59 Unpacking KDZ
12:05:10 KDZ file extracted
12:05:11 Extract file error
12:05:13 ===FINISH====

any idea?

Help..

SquizzyGm

Dec 8, 2013
I followed the guide but it is here that all the other hangs at 15% and says to me:

Please disconnect the cable from your cell phone in order and remove and connect the battery.
Power on your cell phone and press the Restart button to resume update.
If LG Support Tool is stopped abnormally,try with [Options]-[Upgrade Recovery] in tool menu.

ITA:
Ho seguito la guida ma sia qua che in tutte le altre si blocca al 15% e mi dice:

Please disconnect the cable from your cell phone in order and remove and connect the battery.
If LG Support Tool is stopped abnormally,try with [Options]-[Upgrade Recovery] in tool menu.

Rockguy40

Jan 3, 2013
Udine
I followed the guide but it is here that all the other hangs at 15% and says to me:

ITA:
Ho seguito la guida ma sia qua che in tutte le altre si blocca al 15% e mi dice:

Try using this tool for KDZ download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cgeb6o5osy2yl9c/Original+LG+Firmware.rar

Then flash the KDZ with the mentioned procedure, should work

Last edited:

SquizzyGm

Dec 8, 2013
I uninstalled everything. But when I install "LG Mobile Support Tool" and loads the installation closes after 10 seconds

I was able to uninstall everything and install everything but it keeps giving me this error:

10:46:41 : 1 - Normal connect success
10:46:41 : 2 - Emergency connect success
10:46:41 : Phone Mode(1)
10:46:41 : *****GetPhoneType Start*****
10:46:41 : You can't continue the upgrade due to errors.\nFollow the order: (1)Separate the USB cable and battery from the phone; (2)Connect the battery; \n(3) Connect the USB cable to the phone.\n(4)Press the power button on the phone for 3~5 seconds. When the phone is on,\npress the '[Restart]' button for upgrade.\nGo to LG Mobile home and read notices about upgrades.\nTo finish the upgrade, press the 'Finish' button. (_CheckPhoneType() Error)
10:46:41 : !pUpgrade->StartProcessing ... PostMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR
10:46:41 : Page_Error ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù
10:46:41 : ¿©±â´Â Retry ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù
10:46:41 : OnStepMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR delete m_pLGCyonUpdate

Rockguy40

Jan 3, 2013
Udine
I was able to uninstall everything and install everything but it keeps giving me this error:

10:46:41 : 1 - Normal connect success
10:46:41 : 2 - Emergency connect success
10:46:41 : Phone Mode(1)
10:46:41 : *****GetPhoneType Start*****
10:46:41 : You can't continue the upgrade due to errors.\nFollow the order: (1)Separate the USB cable and battery from the phone; (2)Connect the battery; \n(3) Connect the USB cable to the phone.\n(4)Press the power button on the phone for 3~5 seconds. When the phone is on,\npress the '[Restart]' button for upgrade.\nGo to LG Mobile home and read notices about upgrades.\nTo finish the upgrade, press the 'Finish' button. (_CheckPhoneType() Error)
10:46:41 : !pUpgrade->StartProcessing ... PostMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR
10:46:41 : Page_Error ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù
10:46:41 : ¿©±â´Â Retry ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù
10:46:41 : OnStepMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR delete m_pLGCyonUpdate
No idea , sorry maybe try on another pc ( I have got win 8 and the procedure worked) also check that the usb port you're using is a motherboard one (no usb dongle or front panel usb )

depipuchos

Feb 19, 2010
then tell them that started the steps as they say here, but I get the following error .. and yes, I know you will say that you charge the battery to 100% but I've done it with the battery 100 and tells me the same thing Lg tool support.

this is a snap shot..

Attachments

• Captura.PNG
    Captura.PNG
    111.4 KB · Views: 477

atifsh

Sep 24, 2009
Islamabad
then tell them that started the steps as they say here, but I get the following error .. and yes, I know you will say that you charge the battery to 100% but I've done it with the battery 100 and tells me the same thing Lg tool support.

this is a snap shot..

i opted out of this problem was used the good old kdz updater flashed the 10D and from there i use this tool and flashed the larger kdz, while phone booted with OS, debugging on, drivers installed, this tool will auto restart in download mode.

Last edited:

Rockguy40

Jan 3, 2013
Udine

this is a snap shot..

Try atifish solution.. probably that's the problem

tillicollide

Mar 12, 2013
dubai
thanks

If you can get in download mode, nothing is lost. You can still go back and restockify you LG Optimus G (stock rom ,locked bootloader ,no root).

Original Work by lucaarx@androidiani I have only translated it to English

Tested and working on LG-E975

Some tips before you start
As you will see is a fairly simple procedure, but not without risk. Take a quick read the entire guide before you begin: it will help you understand how to move.

The most important thing is to keep calm, do not panic and do not crush random keys. If you do not understand a passage, reread it. If you have not figured it out yet, reread it AGAIN or ASK here for help. No one runs behind you, so do not do things in a hurry.

I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE.

Given that at end of the flash is recommended to do a hard reset, is a good idea to make a backup of all your personal data (photos, videos, etc etc), contacts , and if you want even applications.

DON'T FORGET TO BACK UP EFS PARTITION!

Prerequisites
1. Download the KDZ with this tool (credits kudos@xda) https://mega.co.nz/#!wxoHSayQ!AsUn6wfsc0rts87HIlOSwBd9dilot2229useWzrsH_g

2. Download and install the LG USB drivers LG USB Drivers

3. Download this file. It's a compressed file that contains everything you need NEW KDZ Updater

4. Download and install LG Mobile Support Tool http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/client/app/B2CAppSetup.exe

Let's start
1. Extract the "Flashtool" folder on the desktop, or where you want. Open the folder "Flashtool" and install msmxl.msi (if not already installed).

gvus.jpg

2. Turn off the phone and connect it to the PC with the USB cable while holding VOLUME- AND VOLUME +, until you see the download mode logo. The PC will install some drivers. There may be a kind of protection that prevents you enter this mode if there is too little current on the phone.
However, you must be able to get to the screen that's underneath.

IMAG0036.jpg

4. Go back to Flashtool folder and run as administrator WindowsEnabler.exe. Go to the bar at the bottom right, and click once with the left mouse button over the icon of WindowsEnabler, so that appears the "On"message.

9odl.jpg

5. Now run as administrator UpTestEX.exe and do the following:

-Select the .KDZ file that you want to flash

-Set "3GQCT"

-Set PhoneMode "EMERGENCY"

Once done, click "Normal web upgrade test"

q6j3.jpg

6. In the next window click "Upgrade Start"

06p1.jpg

7. Wait a few seconds an a new window will pop up.

- Click "Clear phone.."

- Select different country if you're not in Korea

- Select Language

- Click OK

dh0m.jpg

After this the LG flashing tool should start analyzing your phone and flashing the .KDZ

Once done you can detatch the USB cable and see if the phone boots up. However it will probably bootloop. In this case follow the Hard Reset Procedure below.

Hard Reset Procedure

The phone has to be off. Hold Volume - AND Power , a message will show up confirming the factory reset. Press Power Button twice , than wait. It will auto reboot.

- lucaarx@androidiani For the realization of the guide

- Xerxin@xda For the big work regarding .KDZ files

- hyelton@xda Flashing 1 GB and greater .KDZ

Notes
- I have translated this guide because the one I found was little bit tricky unclear and didn't work for me, I hope I have done a good job. I'm anyway available to any modification. Just write below.

- Also I'm Italian so there may be some mistakes in the translation , report back i will correct them with pleasure.

Don't forget to report back if it worked!

thanks from dubai with respect habibi, it worked perfectly for my e988

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2008
Big "Thank You!"

This thread saved my ass on Christmas Day early morning when I decided to update the official rom, LG software messed it up and updated my phone to an earlier version with no language support (fortunately english was an option) and causing a major boot loop.
After 2 hours of reading and downloading my problem was solved thanks to You!

Merry Christmas to all of You! :good:

:victory:

amedian

Jan 31, 2012
ankara
General Mobile GM 5 Plus
If you can get in download mode, nothing is lost. You can still go back and restockify you LG Optimus G (stock rom ,locked bootloader ,no root).

As you will see is a fairly simple procedure, but not without risk. Take a quick read the entire guide before you begin: it will help you understand how to move.

The most important thing is to keep calm, do not panic and do not crush random keys. If you do not understand a passage, reread it. If you have not figured it out yet, reread it AGAIN or ASK here for help. No one runs behind you, so do not do things in a hurry.

Given that at end of the flash is recommended to do a hard reset, is a good idea to make a backup of all your personal data (photos, videos, etc etc), contacts , and if you want even applications.

Prerequisites
1. Download the KDZ with this tool (credits kudos@xda) https://mega.co.nz/#!wxoHSayQ!AsUn6wfsc0rts87HIlOSwBd9dilot2229useWzrsH_g

3. Download this file. It's a compressed file that contains everything you need NEW KDZ Updater

4. Download and install LG Mobile Support Tool http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/client/app/B2CAppSetup.exe

Let's start
1. Extract the "Flashtool" folder on the desktop, or where you want. Open the folder "Flashtool" and install msmxl.msi (if not already installed).

gvus.jpg

2. Turn off the phone and connect it to the PC with the USB cable while holding VOLUME- AND VOLUME +, until you see the download mode logo. The PC will install some drivers. There may be a kind of protection that prevents you enter this mode if there is too little current on the phone.

IMAG0036.jpg

4. Go back to Flashtool folder and run as administrator WindowsEnabler.exe. Go to the bar at the bottom right, and click once with the left mouse button over the icon of WindowsEnabler, so that appears the "On"message.

9odl.jpg

-Set "3GQCT"

q6j3.jpg

06p1.jpg

- Click "Clear phone.."

- Select Language

- Click OK

dh0m.jpg

After this the LG flashing tool should start analyzing your phone and flashing the .KDZ

Once done you can detatch the USB cable and see if the phone boots up. However it will probably bootloop. In this case follow the Hard Reset Procedure below.

Hard Reset Procedure

The phone has to be off. Hold Volume - AND Power , a message will show up confirming the factory reset. Press Power Button twice , than wait. It will auto reboot.

Notes
- I have translated this guide because the one I found was little bit tricky unclear and didn't work for me, I hope I have done a good job. I'm anyway available to any modification. Just write below.

- Also I'm Italian so there may be some mistakes in the translation , report back i will correct them with pleasure.

after i flashed last stok kdz with LGMobile Support Tool my phone start to loop LG logo and i couldnt reflash kdz with other flash tolls then i tried your hard reset procedure and my phone start to boot thank you so much man :good::good:. if somebody have similar problem ( stuck at the booting up LG logo ) firstly try This hard reset it is worked for me.

inverzion

Dec 24, 2013
Oakville
Thanks!

Thank you for the great guide! I had to go through this process recently because my phone had strange orientation problems... :( but following you guide worked perfectly for me, unlike some other people. I'll consider myself fortunate for this :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Prerequisites

Let's start

gvus.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

9odl.jpg

-Set "3GQCT"

q6j3.jpg

06p1.jpg

- Click "Clear phone.."

- Select Language

- Click OK

dh0m.jpg

Hard Reset Procedure

Notes

How could you've done it? Will it stuck at CWM Recovery menu after the phone restart. Can we make an appointment through Messanger?

You used kdf updater and the phone restarted from download mode to fastboot? If yes, solution is very simple: when phone restarts, simply unplug the usb cable (dont close kdf updater), close the phone, go again in download mode, plug the cable and the flash will be work. Sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand ....

Trimis de pe al meu LG-E975 folosind Tapatalk
    What windows are you using, also, what machine(laptop/desktop)..
    If you are using a desktop,make sure you are using a rear usb port,not front and not through a usb hub,not even an usb extension cable.
    if you are using a laptop,be sure you are using usb 2.0,not 3.0.
    Not working anymore!!

SOLVED !!! Use this procedure !! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476 Method 1 :D