You all said S3 was ugly too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

JoJo2211

Sep 11, 2011
And after 1.5 years it has sold over 100 million units and is the best selling smartphone of all times!!!

system.img

Feb 14, 2012
Chennai
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
I personally did feel that the S3 was ugly considering it to be the successor to the awesome looking S2.

But S3 was having the best specs among all Androids the year it was launched which made it sell well. Also, the design wasn't that bad as it thought it would be.

No doubt S5 will sell well too. It's just that people expected a completely different design and are now disappointed.

xeizo

Nov 3, 2013
Stockholm
www.xeizo.com
As said, too much hype, and Samsung did a very good job of keeping all the details secret to the very last day. The S5 we got has very much expected specifications and is made of the best hardware available today, everyone dreamed of new unseen hardware and well it didn't happen ...

JoJo2211

Sep 11, 2011
I personally did feel that the S3 was ugly considering it to be the successor to the awesome looking S2.

But S3 was having the best specs among all Androids the year it was launched which made it sell well. Also, the design wasn't that bad as it thought it would be.

No doubt S5 will sell well too. It's just that people expected a completely different design and are now disappointed.

Htc One X had similar specs I think.

md1008

Dec 9, 2011
I bought the s3, and I loved it but Samsung has changed and is no longer a desirable product. Knox security, restricted and locked bootloaders and updates that are slower than molasses. I just don't see the appeal of Samsung anymore

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Nexus 4 came a bit later but was on the same playing field for a lot cheaper

Reactions: disk0360

xeizo

Nov 3, 2013
Stockholm
www.xeizo.com
I bought the s3, and I loved it but Samsung has changed and is no longer a desirable product. Knox security, restricted and locked bootloaders and updates that are slower than molasses. I just don't see the appeal of Samsung anymore

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

None of the other vendors are exactly better at updates, the Nexus-line is sole in that respect. And some Samsung software are actually much better than the pure Google experience ie the cam/camcorder.

Samsung, as being popular, has very good AOSP dev support and a very large modding community which makes Samsung a safe bet for those who likes messing around with the software on the device :)

Reactions: Annunneo

noideaforusername

May 2, 2013

It had the same amount of RAM as the Galaxy S2.

noideaforusername

May 2, 2013
And 1GB RAM phones have been reborn to a second life with AOSP Kit Kat which is much lighter on RAM than stock firmwares ... meaning, 2GB RAM will probably last quite long ...

Exactly. People complain about nothing changed in the hardware department but they forgot that KitKat changed a lot in the software department plus the fact that Samsung learned how to write good software and delivered lag-free experience with lots of great features. And all of this with only 5.28GB space taken by the system (as opposed to 7.21GB in my S4).

So People should stop complain, this is a great phone (although I won't buy it cause my S4 still works great), and people are just whining while the competition isn't any better (same design and specs, but with much less features and without removable battery and microSD card slot).

Fygaroo

Feb 16, 2013
And after 1.5 years it has sold over 100 million units and is the best selling smartphone of all times!!!

I had S3 and i can just say it was the ugliest phone i ever had but i loved it for the specs and the huge screen , now i am rolling with Note 2 it looks much better than s3 s4 and s5 at least for me but still note 2 design sucks compared to some of Sony HTC and LG phones. Not trolling just speaking the truth .

X

x102x96x

I

it s way of Samsung!
S2 & Note were nice
S3 & Note2 were ugly
S4 & Note3 are nice
S5 & ... are ugly!

BUT IT s JUST my PERSONAL opinion cause i don't like round design!

xeizo

Nov 3, 2013
Stockholm
www.xeizo.com
I like a rounded design because its very comfortable to hold, and it fits comfortably in the pocket, what I call userfriendly design which always wins in my book :)

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
To be realistic s5 is a good device with Samsung plugging every loop hole that's present with the previous version, you get
1. Updated touchwiz
2. Water proof
3. Brightest led screen ever made
4. Isocell camera module
5. Updated processor as per Industry standard
6. Somewhat bigger battery
7. All the goodies present with previous galaxy devices.
8. 128gb sd card support

The design is as same as s4,the bigger bezels are the compromise Samsung made for making it water proof. We all know Samsung is not going to have a super duper design.

The phone will not satisfy or justify s4 and note 3 users, apart from them it should satisfy other users to be realistic, at the end of the day it's upto the personal preferences

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

bonebeatz1234

Feb 5, 2010
rockford,il
None of the other vendors are exactly better at updates, the Nexus-line is sole in that respect. And some Samsung software are actually much better than the pure Google experience ie the cam/camcorder.

Samsung, as being popular, has very good AOSP dev support and a very large modding community which makes Samsung a safe bet for those who likes messing around with the software on the device :)

Htc update there phones faster than samsung now . They coming back but without a sd slot and a better camera it's gonna be tough to catch up they design gorgeous phones but the looks don't do anything special unlike having expandable memory and a nice camera. I don't like samsung tw or there design but they give me the best package money can buy I need alot of memory and phones without a sd slot is a no go. 64 gigs is nothing now my card is filled up . 128 gig internal memory then I would venture elsewhere.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MrAndroid12

Mar 30, 2011
Auckland
To be realistic s5 is a good device with Samsung plugging every loop hole that's present with the previous version, you get
1. Updated touchwiz
2. Water proof
4. Isocell camera module
8. 128gb sd card support

The design is as same as s4,the bigger bezels are the compromise Samsung made for making it water proof. We all know Samsung is not going to have a super duper design.

The phone will not satisfy or justify s4 and note 3 users, apart from them it should satisfy other users to be realistic, at the end of the day it's upto the personal preferences

The S4 card capacity isn't an advantage at all because all Galaxies starting from the S3 and Note 2 used XC standards instead which will support capacities of up to 2TB providing that it was formatted to the correct format aka FAT32.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Updated touchwiz
    2. Water proof
    4. Isocell camera module
    8. 128gb sd card support

Thread closed as the topic is not related to the S5.