[Q] WiFi Tether from Nexus 5 to PS3 problems

Search This thread

Topsykret23

May 31, 2014
Nederland
Hey guys. Can some one please tell me what i should do on my Nexus to get it to connect to the PS3?

So I've scoured the forums looking for my exact problem but to no avail. I am trying to connect my wifi hotspot to my ps3 to watch netflix basically. I can get the wifi connected from phone to computer with no problem (thats what im using now). However, when i scan my PS3 for wifi signals, the only thing thats comes up are the usual wifi signals from the neioghbors. I've tried all the settings i can find on the web but nothing works, like changing device info to Optimus 2 and softap. I'm using a rooted Nexus with the Wifi tether app. under Settings, Change device, i dont see my phone make or madel. Maybe that has something to do with it. I have no idea... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
A guy who just wants to watch netflix on his stupid ps3

NaRiNe

Jun 29, 2012
Hey guys. Can some one please tell me what i should do on my Nexus to get it to connect to the PS3?

So I've scoured the forums looking for my exact problem but to no avail. I am trying to connect my wifi hotspot to my ps3 to watch netflix basically. I can get the wifi connected from phone to computer with no problem (thats what im using now). However, when i scan my PS3 for wifi signals, the only thing thats comes up are the usual wifi signals from the neioghbors. I've tried all the settings i can find on the web but nothing works, like changing device info to Optimus 2 and softap. I'm using a rooted Nexus with the Wifi tether app. under Settings, Change device, i dont see my phone make or madel. Maybe that has something to do with it. I have no idea... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Why not use the built in wifi hotspot? its in more networks i believe

Reactions: Akoolive

NaRiNe

Jun 29, 2012
Sorry I should have added that the wifi hotspot that comes with my phone only works if I subscribe to it, adding extra to my bill. It turns on yes but no data is transferred that way.

ohhhhh i understand now.. i'm not use to hotspot limit that carrier impose on you all since we're still on 3g in my country lol.. you ever tried foxfi?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sincerely,

Why not use the built in wifi hotspot? its in more networks i believe