[GUIDE] How to Root & S-OFF HTC Sensation - HBOOT 1.27.0000 & Firmware 3.33!

Search This thread

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Hello, my friends sensation will not unlock with the Unlock_Code.Bin. everytime i do this, it says "sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.156s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
FAILED (remote: unlock token check failed)
finished. total time: 0.187s"

Any clue how to fix it?

if the phone is replaced ..probably the HTC_DEV unlock might not work...you can do only SOFF non-HTC_DEV way ..guide link in my signature

Reactions: Whiplashh

Tonypker14

Dec 6, 2012
ok i got all the way to the root part when i press perm root and im on the fastboot screen the cmd says please wait for recovery then when I try to go into recovery it just stays at HTC screen help please!!

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
ok i got all the way to the root part when i press perm root and im on the fastboot screen the cmd says please wait for recovery then when I try to go into recovery it just stays at HTC screen help please!!

Did you do the second step #2? That is flashing recovery part

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

RevPro12

Dec 8, 2012
Set 3 and 4 help

Yo i am almost finished but i got problems on steps 3 and 4. On step 3 after i press flash recovery and cmd open it does have an effect on my phone (HTC sensation) however it says device not found on the cmd. And also after clicking Perm Room run on the cmd it gives me error..... device not found.
yes i did do USB debugging.....
and put charge only as default option...
Help me pls ASAP :D

meoluoios

Oct 10, 2011
i cannot get token on my windows 8 pro 9200 build
cannot adb devices :(
which drivers exit for it ?
thanks

julirroko06

Dec 19, 2012
Can anyone help my how to root sensation 4g

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda app-developers app

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
Can anyone help my how to root sensation 4g

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda app-developers app

if you have hboot version 1.17-1.18 then use revolutionary.io to S-OFF and root the device
http://revolutionary.io/
if you have higher hboot version you have 2 options then:
1)use this guide to S-OFF and root your device
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1661631 or
2)use htcdev method to unlock the bootloader
http://htcdev.com/ and then use this guide to root
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1632553

fredde011

Dec 25, 2012
Norrkoping
Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda app-developers app

Hello everybody this Maybe is a stupid question, but Can i change to rom and s-off without computer? I have Tried to download Mike1986 ROM but When i was going to download super wipe from same page i get just 404 error from my phone i really want this ROM but have no idea how to Do the easiest Way! Maybe somebody Can explain to Me. I have hboot 1,27,0000 and S-on now Merry x mas from sweden

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos

Hello everybody this Maybe is a stupid question, but Can i change to rom and s-off without computer? I have Tried to download Mike1986 ROM but When i was going to download super wipe from same page i get just 404 error from my phone i really want this ROM but have no idea how to Do the easiest Way! Maybe somebody Can explain to Me. I have hboot 1,27,0000 and S-on now Merry x mas from sweden

S-OFF can't be done without computer
really sorry:(
merry christmas to you too

edit:is your bootloader unlocked?

fredde011

Dec 25, 2012
Norrkoping

No my bootloader is locked

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

But is it a thread or someone that Can help me with this how exactly how to Do from step 1 until it is finished

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos

No my bootloader is locked

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

But is it a thread or someone that Can help me with this how exactly how to Do from step 1 until it is finished

unlocking the bootloader requires pc
S-OFF the device requires also pc
there is not any thread to do one of these choices without using pc
roms can be flashed without pc but it is necessary to do one of these two choices above first

fredde011

Dec 25, 2012
Norrkoping

Now i have Tried everything but i cant s-off or get the download to.work people say to Me that i.need some kind of jailbreak for this

abemore

Jul 31, 2012
STEP 1 - Unlocking the Bootloader.

Visit - www.htcdev.com and pick the Sensation that YOU have.
Once you have chosen your correct phone follow the steps for unlocking the bootloader.
When you have completed all the steps on www.htcdev.com you will notice that when you hold 'power' and 'volume down' it says:
***UNLOCKED***
Which obviously means you have unlocked the bootloader.

But how can we unlock the bootloader without wiping our data?
Will this One X method work for us: [TUT] Keep your userdata/settings/apps when using HTCDev.com Unlock! ???

Last edited:

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos

Now i have Tried everything but i cant s-off or get the download to.work people say to Me that i.need some kind of jailbreak for this

me personally i used the first step(htcdev-root)
and followed the steps exactly as they are mentioning
nothing more nothing less
give it a try again

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

But how can we unlock the bootloader without wiping our data?
Will this One X method work for us: [TUT] Keep your userdata/settings/apps when using HTCDev.com Unlock! ???

it says that the device must be rooted

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys.
    Due to the lack of simple NOOB Guides I've decided to make one for all the noobs out there.
    (Including me. The amount of help I needed was unimaginable!)
    This is the way I gained root and S-OFF. I thought I would help others by telling them my own method.
    I HOLD NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR A BRICKED PHONE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

STEP 1 - Unlocking the Bootloader.

Visit - www.htcdev.com and pick the Sensation that YOU have.
    Here's how you can find out which Sensation you have.
    Sensation 4G (T-Mobile) will have a 'customised' T-Mobile case saying 'T-Mobile' in the corner.
    Sensation - Vodafone - Will have come with 'branded' firmware. (Vodafone symbol comes up when booting up phone.) Another way of spotting is having random apps. e.g. Music Store.
    Sensation (Normal) - Pretty self-explanatory. No symbol when starting up phone, no apps just plain and simple.
    REMEMBER TO CHECK USB DEBUGGING

Once you have chosen your correct phone follow the steps for unlocking the bootloader.
    When you have completed all the steps on www.htcdev.com you will notice that when you hold 'power' and 'volume down' it says:
    ***UNLOCKED***
    Which obviously means you have unlocked the bootloader.

STEP 2 - Gaining 'S-OFF'

Follow juopunutbear's guide on gaining S-OFF here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1614617
    I know - using a paperclip? Trust me, worth every bit of time. If it doesn't work then try and try again.

When you've gained 'S-OFF' you should notice that when you hold 'power' and 'volume down' it says:
    ***UNLOCKED***
    PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
    HBOOT: 1.27.0000 S-OFF

Which is great!

STEP 3 - Flashing a new recovery

The way I flashed a new recovery was extremely quick and easy:
    Download this AMAZING Tool-Kit: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1497404
    All credit goes to hansoon2000!

Power on your phone.
    Check you have USB DEBUGGING Enabled.
    Plug your phone into your computer.
    Make sure you have drivers enabled. (Unlocking the bootloader should of made you download 'HTC SYNC' for the drivers.)
    UN-INSTALL HTC SYNC.
    Unplug your phone from the usb cable so it enables you to power off.
    Hold 'power' and 'volume down' and press power on 'FASTBOOT'
    You've entered FASTBOOT.
    Plug the USB Cable back into the phone.
    Do not touch anything on the phone.
    Go onto your computer and open up the HTC ALL IN ONE KIT.
    In the top right-hand corner you will see a list of recoveries.
    Click 4-EXT.
    I've done a picture to help in attachments.
    Your phone will go through numerous screens etc. but don't worry! It's flashing your new recovery! So long stock recovery!
    When it has finished remember to check if it has worked!
    When it has then congrats! Now onto root...

STEP 4 - Gaining Root

Use the All-in-One-Kit that you downloaded earlier for flashing the recovery to gain root. Read the instructions below.

Assuming you're doing this straight after the last step then you will not need to enter fastboot again, etc.
    If not read through the last step again until OPENING THE HTC ALL IN ONE KIT.
    This time in the bottom right hand corner you should see perm-root.
    SEE ATTACHMENTS FOR A PICTURE.
    Click it and let the program install Superuser and gain root access.

You should see SuperUser installed!

If all goes well then Congrats! You have successfully rooted and S-OFF'd your phone.
    Now! Who wants a nice new ROM!?

Check this thread by walidhazem for a list of every ROM being developed for the Sensation: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1613295

Hit thanks if I helped, this post took a lot of time and effort!
    small corrections :)

When you've gained 'S-OFF' you should notice that when you hold 'power' and 'volume down' it says:
    ***UNLOCKED***
    PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
    HBOOT: 1.27.0000 S-OFF

Which is great!

after SOFF ..either the person wll have LOCKED hboot or Juopunutbear HBOOT (if he said yes to eng-hboot after soff is done) but no way it stays UNLOCKED

also after doing HTC-DEV unlock and before doing SOFF ..the person should have ROOT too (actually juopunutbear requires root access only which then can be granted via HTC-DEV unlock only ;) )
    ROOT is a per-requisite to SOFF

and to just root ..no need to have recovery (unless the guy wants to flash some custom roms) ..he/she can use my one click root tool ..link in my signature (works if the guys just have HTC-DEV unlock too :) )

and lastly ..there are enough guides already i think :) ..auggie2k soff guide (which you have linked ) covers the standard SOFF process which has HTC-DEV unlock ..and my guide covers NON HTC-DEV method of SOFF

and for root ..my guide covers it and there is a old guide by VIPERX i believe covers rooting by flashing su zip, also kgs aio tool and hansoons tool covers them too :)

just my 2 cents here
    Hi - after nearly having a brain meltdown after reading so many pages, I realised I could simply (after previous htcdev unlock):

- flash 4ext recovery touch v.1.0.0.5 RC9
    - get root with superSU 1.51 zip
    - setup recovery from 4ext app
    - check root achieved with app from market

Now I know I want to have to choice of many 4.2.2 or later roms - and I'm still not clear whether s-off is necessary for anything later than the stock 4.03. I understand that with s-on I need a rom that's compatible with my 3.33.401.53 firmware, but is that actually loads of them?

Many thanks for your patience - even though I'm an IT professional and have done some rooting with a HTC Desire, it gets overwhelming with so much information and different sequences of tasks or different prerequisites in some posts. Guess we're all doing our best to understand.

Thanks again, Geoff

No s-off is not necesary for anything above 4.0.3 you can flash almost every rom with s-on ( enable smartflash from recovery before flashing), and almost every rom is compatible with 3.33 firmware :) so dont worry and happy flashing :)
    i am havin htc sensation xe with hboot 1.29 and firmware 3.33.720.106.
    i like to do s-off without htcdev.com unlock bootloader method but in my laptop only usb 3.0 ports are there.so will the s-off fail i use the usb 3.0 port.
    for installing rom i need s-off only or requires rooting also?
    can i flash elegancia rom with this firmware or do i need to do use 3.33 universal firmware given in the elegancia rom thread.

i think with usb 3.0 ports it won't work but i 'm not totally sure
    for installing roms you can do it also with S-ON but requires root.see here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1631861
    about elegancia i don't know the answer but you can ask there(in my opinion it is not necessary)
    I must be retarded because this is impossible for me to accomplish

if you didn't unlock the bootloader try this guide
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1661631

or see this one
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2751187

by the way what problem are you facing?