freeza

Recognized Developer
May 28, 2006
Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
OnePlus 10 Pro

sevenslugs

Feb 18, 2012
My recommendation is you try Flar's ElementalX kernel. I OC the GPU to 487mhz and run the OC at 1.7ghz and the games runs smoothly even on high visuals. Runs much better on this device then it does on either my Htc One or GS4.

I run the elemental kernel as well and all games run flawlessly no lag no issues ... ± 1 too this

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Covart

Sep 22, 2012
Pismo Beach
For all of you that claim to run asphalt fine,
Please let us find what is the problem with our device.
Maybe 24fps isn't satisfy me but satisfy another one.
So, please check your fps with that app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aatt.fpsm
While in NEVADA/TOKYO map,
Then post here the results, include the kernel you using and cpu/gpu speed.

Kernel Bulletproof1.1, but I have not altered anything. And game plays very smooth for me. No lag or FC's of any kind.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-26-21-11-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-26-21-11-33.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 659

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
You wouldn't think FPS would be that bad on Asphalt 8. I'm getting around 35ish FPS on Faux Mainline @1.7Ghz. 450Mhz GPU.

Well I guess the only good thing is you get true "console experience" xD. ****ty graphics at 30FPS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo with Tapatalk 4

LearnIIBurn

Jul 15, 2008
San Francisco
In comparison to playing Asphalt 8 on both my Nexus 7 Flo and my iPhone 5, I can say the experience is overall smoother on the phone. Probably for the obvious reasons of resolution difference. Some levels are OK on Nexus, but the Tokyo level for example with the water on the ground; almost unplayable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

drms12

Sep 9, 2011
You wouldn't think FPS would be that bad on Asphalt 8. I'm getting around 35ish FPS on Faux Mainline @1.7Ghz. 450Mhz GPU.

Well I guess the only good thing is you get true "console experience" xD. ****ty graphics at 30FPS.

What's your governor for both CPU & GPU?
I get much lower fps using same kernel OCed to 1.944Ghz.

TDO

Feb 15, 2006
What's your governor for both CPU & GPU?
I get much lower fps using same kernel OCed to 1.944Ghz.

Either he has posted the max. fps and not the avg or he is using low settings and not high.
(If you overclock the GPU by 12,5% you will not get a 60% higher avg framerate.)

ÜBER™

Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Either he has posted the max. fps and not the avg or he is using low settings and not high.
(If you overclock the GPU by 12,5% you will not get a 60% higher avg framerate.)

Nah, just a generous average. I was on a less intensive map I forget which but on average it was displaying 33-35 FPS. I just ran Tokyo and got 28 actual recorded average by FPS meter.

But for some reason now I can't even get through a race, it keeps crashing.

Last edited:

TDO

Feb 15, 2006
Can you post your kernel settings?
Even with GPU at 487Mhz I am not near 28 - 30 fps with detail level at high.
You are using the curent version of FPS Meter? (1.5)

ÜBER™

Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Can you post your kernel settings?
Even with GPU at 487Mhz I am not near 28 - 30 fps with detail level at high.
You are using the curent version of FPS Meter? (1.5)
BTW heres a screen shot of the avg just before the end of the race (the avg was from the actual last minute of the race, the top was the current FPS.). Ill post my gov settings in a minute.

Plays good for me... ****ty voice acting tho...
Do you know if it has built in gamepad support? I know it supports moga. Its also on sale for 4$ for those that didn't know.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377840585293.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377840585293.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 778

drms12

Sep 9, 2011
BTW heres a screen shot of the avg just before the end of the race (the avg was from the actual last minute of the race, the top was the current FPS.). Ill post my gov settings in a minute.

Do you know if it has built in gamepad support? I know it supports moga. Its also on sale for 4$ for those that didn't know.

Where do you see MOGA for 4$?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In case someone needs this: I found on the web, the perfect settings that make GTA San Andreas 1.05 work flawlessly on Nexus 7 2013 : Traffic Heavy, Frame Limiter OFF, Visual Effects Medium, Resolution 80%, Draw Distance 80%, Shadows Classic, Car reflections Low. Loving the game so far (did about 8 missions now).
    what app did you use to minitor? a link would be very helpful.

This is System Monitor from Christian Göllner
    (search in Play Store, can´t post links :()
    Asphalt 8

yqy6erev.jpg
    . As you can see here, Asphalt 8 does not use all 4 cores And hence all we can get is around 30fps, its a problem with optimization and not with Nexus 7

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    I'll soon make a detailed guide about getting full performance out of this tablet for gaming, I found some optimizations, will put them together. I'll post them here tomorrow or maybe in a separate thread in themes and apps section
    None of them are regarding decreasing resolution btw, nexus 7 is capable of much more than what it does on stock settings

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Here is another one nice looking game. You can download from Google Play for free.

Galactic Phantasy Prelude