[Kernel] 4.2.2 ION/PMEM

Search This thread

TripFX

Jun 19, 2010
Standing in the middle of nowhere
This is taken from cars1198 cm10.1 rom. ALL CREDITS TO HIM all i did was extract it out for others to use on other 4.2.2 based roms.

CLARIFICATION UPDATE:
PMEM BASED ROMS wifi and camcoder breaks. Everything else should work including newer maps and better 3d performance.

ONLY ROMS THAT ARE ION BASED ARE IN MASS CM BY CARS1198
AND JFBS CM11

http://d-h.st/AtF

Last edited:

Jorge_007

Apr 2, 2013
Riverside, CA
This is taken from cars1198 cm10.1 rom. ALL CREDITS TO HIM all i did was extract it out for others to use on other 4.2.2 based roms. I have tested it on AOIP 1.5 and it works fine aside from camcorder. Thanks cars1198

Very nice! I'm not sure what I did, but the camcorder apparently now works on my CM 10.1 install. The first recording played back garbled, but now it records perfectly. Maps should now work great on 4.2 roms.

TripFX

Jun 19, 2010
Very nice! I'm not sure what I did, but the camcorder apparently now works on my CM 10.1 install. The first recording played back garbled, but now it records perfectly. Maps should now work great on 4.2 roms.

it does i just test it. ill see if camcorder works in aoip. did noticed that wifi is broke in aoip but i dirty flashed. will test clean install later tonite. working on cm11 fix now.

Jorge_007

Apr 2, 2013
Riverside, CA
it does i just test it. ill see if camcorder works in aoip. did noticed that wifi is broke in aoip but i dirty flashed. will test clean install later tonite. working on cm11 fix now.
Wifi worked on CM 10.1, so a clean flash may solve your problem. Good luck on the fix

---
I tested a clean install of AOIP and Wi-Fi is broken. For those of you who want to try CM 10.1 with ION/PMEM here is the link to the download. "http://d-h.st/8QA"

Last edited:
Reactions: TripFX

Proud2banoob

Jul 12, 2013
Durham
Google Pixel 6a
This is taken from cars1198 cm10.1 rom. ALL CREDITS TO HIM all i did was extract it out for others to use on other 4.2.2 based roms. I have tested it on AOIP 1.5 and it works fine aside from camcorder. Thanks cars1198

I am psyched to try it with Slimbean. To flash a new kernel, do I need to wipe anything first, or is a dirty flash sufficient? I will make a nandroid first, just to make sure everything is copacetic. Exactly what does ION/PMEM give us that we did not have? Besides finally being able to upgrade to the latest build of Maps? :)

TripFX

Jun 19, 2010
I am psyched to try it with Slimbean. To flash a new kernel, do I need to wipe anything first, or is a dirty flash sufficient? I will make a nandroid first, just to make sure everything is copacetic. Exactly what does ION/PMEM give us that we did not have? Besides finally being able to upgrade to the latest build of Maps? :)

some 3d games i got to try work better. dirty flash should be fine. report any errors you find with slimbeam so i can add it to notes

Proud2banoob

Jul 12, 2013
Durham
Google Pixel 6a
some 3d games i got to try work better. dirty flash should be fine. report any errors you find with slimbeam so i can add it to notes

Well, I just installed it and it seems fine. The phone is definitely faster. I will try to upgrade maps. Skype I'm leaving with the old version for other reasons.

It's like a new phone.... So smooth and fast. Wow! Still restarts if I try to start USB download mode, but I suspect I would have to reload the rom to fix that and it's not a big enough problem. It's too bad I lost my little startup screen android, but such is life.

Oops. Wi-Fi is no good. I will see if I hit the 4g ceiling. I suspect I will. Last time I went without Wi-Fi I hit the ceiling in a week. I don't want to wipe anything before I install, as this is my work phone.

Camera works but camcorder does not. So, seemingly the same problems others have had. I honestly did not try the camcorder with the old kernel, though.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: TripFX

TripFX

Jun 19, 2010
Well, I just installed it and it seems fine. The phone is definitely faster. I will try to upgrade maps. Skype I'm leaving with the old version for other reasons.

It's like a new phone.... So smooth and fast. Wow! Still restarts if I try to start USB download mode, but I suspect I would have to reload the rom to fix that and it's not a big enough problem. It's too bad I lost my little startup screen android, but such is life.

Oops. Wi-Fi is no good. I will see if I hit the 4g ceiling. I suspect I will. Last time I went without Wi-Fi I hit the ceiling in a week. I don't want to wipe anything before I install, as this is my work phone.

Camera works but camcorder does not. So, seemingly the same problems others have had. I honestly did not try the camcorder with the old kernel, though.

using 10.1cm cars1198 cm mass op works perfectly camcorder, wifi, and all which is where i took this kernel from.

Andresakapaco04

Jul 15, 2014
helppppp

the kernel filee is missing im on a cm 10.1 and i want a good kernel so i can optimize my phone ..... please help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is taken from cars1198 cm10.1 rom. ALL CREDITS TO HIM all i did was extract it out for others to use on other 4.2.2 based roms.

CLARIFICATION UPDATE:
    PMEM BASED ROMS wifi and camcoder breaks. Everything else should work including newer maps and better 3d performance.

ONLY ROMS THAT ARE ION BASED ARE IN MASS CM BY CARS1198
    AND JFBS CM11

Wifi worked on CM 10.1, so a clean flash may solve your problem. Good luck on the fix

---
    I tested a clean install of AOIP and Wi-Fi is broken. For those of you who want to try CM 10.1 with ION/PMEM here is the link to the download. "http://d-h.st/8QA"