To all you WM2003 Users out there

Search This thread

angusmcintyre

Mar 26, 2003
Pulborough
Hi,

Can anyone using WM2003 check to see if they have a "MORE" tab under Phone>Tools>Options and let me know the version.

The 4.00.11 version of WM2003 I got from Jeff's Kitchen does not have the "MORE" tab dispite the Microsoft Mobile site saying it should have!!! :?

lgingell

Jun 9, 2003
Bay Area, CA, USA
mine does

Mine does. Its a USA 900/1900 T-Mobile device with 4.0.16 OS, 6.24 radio.

BTW: The radio version alters whats in Tools-options. e.g. the USA devices have a 'band' tab.

cheers,
..lance

Ken_xda

Jul 1, 2003
Bangkok
Dear,
If all ROMs of yours are from Jeff's Kitchen, I think the presence of "More" option is optional when you cook your own ROM.

angusmcintyre

Mar 26, 2003
Pulborough
Thanks for the info guys,

I think it's a "feature" of 4.00.11, but I will check on Jeff's Kitchen for Ken_xda's suggestion when it comes back online. As Aurora13 has the same Radio as me but a different ROM, I will try an upgrade although I would rather have a UK ROM than a US one.

Qman

Jun 22, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Mine does and I'm running a T-Mobile device, ROM 4.00.16 and AT&T radio stack A.20.10.

BTW my ROM came from a bin file install that I downloaded
from Aurora13's FTP site when it was active.

HTH

Qman

Jun 22, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Good question!
As far as the "Band" option goings I'm sure you're safe if you plan only to use the phone in the Country/Region that your SIM card is set to. If not you
can always change if from the bootloader.

Now as for the "More" option goes it has the following Options:
Automatic pickup
Answer incoming calls without pressing Talk after xxx rings

Hardware button lock
Lock all buttons except Power button
Do not lock buttons

Broadcast Channels
Enable

HTH

jerome

Jun 8, 2003
Qman said:
Good question!
As far as the "Band" option goings I'm sure you're safe if you plan only to use the phone in the Country/Region that your SIM card is set to. If not you
can always change if from the bootloader.

Now as for the "More" option goes it has the following Options:
Automatic pickup
Answer incoming calls without pressing Talk after xxx rings

Hardware button lock
Lock all buttons except Power button
Do not lock buttons

Broadcast Channels
Enable

HTH

Can this More" option" be retrieve any way on WM2003 4.00.11 i.e setting :idea: :?:

angusmcintyre

Mar 26, 2003
Pulborough
Hi All,

I've done a bit of fiddling. I downloaded ROMs for 3.17.00, 4.00.05, 4.00.11 and 4.00.16 from Jeff's Kitchen and tried all of them with Radio 4.21 from UK O2. The only one that gave me the MORE tab was 3.17.00. none of the 4.00.xx versions did.

I would like to try with a different Radio ROM but I don't have the previous version prior to te upgrade to 4.21. Can anyone tell me where to get an earlier version.

socheat

Aug 22, 2003
root@ipcop:~ #
O2 XDA with 4.00.16

Hello, Posible to download O2 XDA with 4.00.16 or 4.00.11 (not ROM Kitchen), where ftp? or site download?

Thanks

Aurora13

Jul 2, 2003
The Netherlands
Wow you can download a XDA? I had to buy mine in a shop! :)
Maybe we can download the O2 XDA II already somewhere? :) :D

But seriously: if you don't select the extra options on the kitchen page, you get a 'standard' 2003 ROM.

The band-switching feature is particularly important. Any time I've ever switched bands using the bootloader method (using bootloader 5.15, ROM 4.00.05, Radio RA.20.10) I always seem to end up accidentally doing a hard reset. Very frustrating. I've learned to always backup to SD first, but what a pain. I travel to Europe reasonably often (just got back from T-Mobile country (DE) yesterday) and would love to have the tab back. I just looked at Jeff's kitchen again, and I can confirm that there's no option there to add the More and Band tabs (there's an option to add the BandSwitch program, but as the page says, and I can confirm, it doesn't work with the 4.xx.xx ROMs).

I'll try 4.00.16 to see if the Tabs come back.

PS - That config (ROM 4.00.05, RA.20.10) has worked great in UK and Germany for me... I've roamed all over and get as good as I can get considering I'm running at 900 while I'm there.

PPS - Maybe this has something to do with stk.lnk or HTC SAT (/windows/stk.exe) which seems to always hang at startup on my system?

spydec

Sep 13, 2003
No Band or More Option and HTC Sat Also Hangs

I've upgraded to ROM 4.00.11, Radio 4.17.00. I do not have the More or Band Tabs.

I also suffer from HTC SAT hanging at bootup.

Otherwise everything good.

I have an O2 XDA and in Australia