Discuss Optimus G Pro???

Search This thread

nthknd

Feb 17, 2011
Nice... But to be honest i would like to add Qslides lol guess we all like different things but would be nice to add a browser to the qslide option ...so i can have a browser tab floating on the screen ..might be to much lol

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

I agree hate it ..I plan to test different messaging apps and use light manager or light flow to see if it works with it. Message back if u find somthing better !! :good:

Gosms pro works well and it let's you create notification lights that you want

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Reactions: MrNa5ty

Billy Madison

Dec 31, 2011
Who can prove G Pro does have a zerogap touch screen or doesn't. Has any review mentioned air gap in display?

nthknd

Feb 17, 2011
Seriously, why is it so hard to get a forum? What's the process? I posted on the other forum.

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda premium

Reactions: CXENTE

shockandawe

Jan 6, 2012
Washington DC
Not using beta, but the regular version works fantastic other than double tap to zoom not working.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

I use an older version of Dolphin 8.5.1, and the pinch zoom works on my Pro. I had read somewhere that starting with Dolphin 9, it stops supporting Flash, that is why i use the older version. Not sure if that's true or not, but I just refuse to update Dolphin when the update shows up in google play store.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

How did you turn on fast dormancy?

I used the one developed for the original LGOG - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2021248

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
had to modify one system app's resources. i can share it but use it at your own risk. be careful because we don't yet have a reliable way to return to "stock" in case of bricks. let me know if anyone is interested still.

so you have a g pro then? any chances of this getting bootloader unlocked and seeing custom roms? i used to run your cm10 rom for the note 2.

madmack

so you have a g pro then? any chances of this getting bootloader unlocked and seeing custom roms? i used to run your cm10 rom for the note 2.

i do. I'm still playing around with it in my free time. Managed to get into fastboot and create a recovery image but the phone is definitely bootloader locked and it'll require someone with much better skills than me in reverse engineering and disassembling aboot. It uses the same qualcomm Qfuses as recent Motorola and Samsung devices that got hacked. Just need the right person to look at it and hopefully unlock it too. It's looking tough though.

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
i do. I'm still playing around with it in my free time. Managed to get into fastboot and create a recovery image but the phone is definitely bootloader locked and it'll require someone with much better skills than me in reverse engineering and disassembling aboot. It uses the same qualcomm Qfuses as recent Motorola and Samsung devices that got hacked. Just need the right person to look at it and hopefully unlock it too. It's looking tough though.

this is why im passing on it right now. hopefully by the time it gets unlocked the price will drop to $99 on contract. also sold my s4 because of the lag and locked bootloader. at least my htc one is bootloader unlocked with aosp. runs like a beast but is a tad small for me.

Last edited:

MrNa5ty

Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys has anyone blown up the optimus g mods yet lol :p see if we can get them to contact the admins to create our own optimus g pro forums:fingers-crossed: ....were just cluttering up this forum gezzz lol

Last edited:

RaptorMD

May 2, 2010
I suspect bootloaders will get even more challenging as time goes on. If the GN3 uses Exynos Octo Processors like the S4 for non-us markets then we could be facing some ugly days there since its a lot harder to get past it. I pay good money for the phone it should be unlocked. Carriers cannot say it degrades network performance when in fact devices with unlocked bootloaders are made and sold and put on the very networks the Carriers claim would be harmed.

dnorthington

Mar 23, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I've been comparing this (fully stock and unrooted) with my note 2 (odexed and rooted). This definitely seems snappier opening apps and moving around. Cameras seem to be a wash. Note definitely wins on battery. And the screen on the pro g is better imho. I like my whites white and colors more natural - LCD vs amoled. The higher ppi and resolution sway me too. I also like the feel in the hand of the pro g. The flatter sides and thinner bezel make a difference. So as long as you can charge mid-day, this is the better choice.

jprosek

May 11, 2013
ocoee
Dunno wut u guys r talking about with the battery life...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368753946668.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368753946668.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 129
Reactions: Billy Madison

MrNa5ty

Feb 13, 2013
I've been comparing this (fully stock and unrooted) with my note 2 (odexed and rooted). This definitely seems snappier opening apps and moving around. Cameras seem to be a wash. Note definitely wins on battery. And the screen on the pro g is better imho. I like my whites white and colors more natural - LCD vs amoled. The higher ppi and resolution sway me too. I also like the feel in the hand of the pro g. The flatter sides and thinner bezel make a difference. So as long as you can charge mid-day, this is the better choice.

Indeed, have to agree with ya . Hands down, i would need the note 3 to sway me away from this phone.... Should have better spec's..... But right now with cache booster,clean master, juice defender it really keeps this phone quick snappy and responsive.... and batt life.. not sure about you guys but really isnt bad... wake up to goto work with 100% by 8pm after surfing on wifi parts of the day and on the phone with insurance co. easy 20 - 30 min .. i was like 45 % ..not bad lol

ratchetjaw

Jan 26, 2009
Dunno wut u guys r talking about with the battery life...

Me either. I have been getting great battery life. Maybe my Note 2 battery was bad. It made a day but wasn't leaps and bounds better like I hear about

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooted G Pro

I was able to root my AT&T G pro using the same method for the Optimus G. Although I haven't been able to unlock the bootloader through FreeGee yet.
    What? I'm not talking about why rooting is wrong.....

I'm talking about rooting then bricking your device and return it back. LOL. This is user error, not att or lgs fault. You can wait till our device is fully supported with cwm and all that junk before destroying your device so you have a safety net.

They made the device intended for the average consumer which is larger than xda att lgogp users.

Again this is an ethics issue, and it just happens way way too often.

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro

Agreed to an extent. I manage an at&t store so when I soft bricked my phone last night, there we no way I was returning it. I stayed up 530 am fixing out which I finally did. It's an ethics issue for me as well.
    On the flip side, if they would unlock these damn phones, people would have legitimate recoveries they could fix their own phones with. Some of this falls on the carrier's and LG's shoulders too.

Enable WiFi tether, ..with SQ editor. ..for those who wish to do so..(same as galaxy note) :thumbup::D:beer:

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app
    ClockWorks Mod install

Thanks for the info. OG Pro is a beast!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

After you root you can install the ClockWorks Mod recovery from an apk app from the international version at the following link;
    http://optimusforums.com/threads/optimus-g-pro-how-to-get-clockworkmod-cwm-and-make-a-backup.7666/

I installed it and did a backup already

I assume there will be more like "TWRP" for our phone in the near future
    Stll waiting for bootloader unlock, uploaded image to Freegee.