water question

Search This thread

-PiLoT-

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 17, 2008
Jefferson, SD
was eatching bideo and they say the screen doesnt respond to touch when submerged in water. how is it possible to take photos in this case

moonrakerone

Mar 4, 2011
It's not waterproof. It's water resistant.

S5 is IP67 ceritfied. From wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code

6= No ingress of dust; complete protection against contact (dust tight)
7=Ingress of water in harmful quantity shall not be possible when the enclosure is immersed in water under defined conditions of pressure and time (up to 1 m of submersion).

It is designed to be waterproof to 1m. Water resistant implies "splashproof". This is beyond that.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
S5 is IP67 ceritfied. From wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code

6= No ingress of dust; complete protection against contact (dust tight)
7=Ingress of water in harmful quantity shall not be possible when the enclosure is immersed in water under defined conditions of pressure and time (up to 1 m of submersion).

It is designed to be waterproof to 1m. Water resistant implies "splashproof". This is beyond that.

Will samsung fix it if something goes wrong within 1m of water? No. The Xperia Z1 is waterproof with a ip58, so that requires them to fix it if something goes wrong.

-PiLoT-

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 17, 2008
Jefferson, SD
IP67 is Water and Dust resistant (Even the marketing adverts, which always exhaggerate, said that.)

It's not waterproof.

As for how you're supposed to take pictures, try setting the camera controls to the volume keys.

point is if i put it in a bit of water is there a way to take i pic im still debting the s5 and z2

DistrictDigital

Sep 24, 2011
Colorado
districtdigital.tk
point is if i put it in a bit of water is there a way to take i pic im still debting the s5 and z2

To be honest, you really think it's a smart move to place any $700 piece of tech in any sort of water? Samsung or your carrier will NOT replace/fix your device as water damage will void your warranty.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You can take pictures (and focus) with the volume buttons.

Which doesn't mean you should put the phone under water for a picture. If you want to take underwater pictures, most good underwater cameras (Canon, Sony) are around 200 euro. Don't waste a 700 euro smartphone on it, it's NOT included in the warranty!

-PiLoT-

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 17, 2008
Jefferson, SD
You can take pictures (and focus) with the volume buttons.

Which doesn't mean you should put the phone under water for a picture. If you want to take underwater pictures, most good underwater cameras (Canon, Sony) are around 200 euro. Don't waste a 700 euro smartphone on it, it's NOT included in the warranty!

its insured anyway

cokenet

Oct 14, 2010
was eatching bideo and they say the screen doesnt respond to touch when submerged in water. how is it possible to take photos in this case

You can take pictures with the Volume + or -
It´s not needed to change something in camera settings. Or use the selftimer ...
And the IP67 says, you can use yout device up to 30 minutes within a depth of 1 meter. ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts