Search This thread

daniello8

Sep 13, 2008
Berlin
The attached debug version should create a DelayedLock.log file on the external storage with some logging from the app itself

thanks .. can I just install it over without reconfiguring?

edit: yes you can ;) Logfile is there .. looking forward to what will be in it when it happes again.

Last edited:

daniello8

Sep 13, 2008
Berlin
Logfile

That was fast .. here's a logfile. I experienced the "wrong PIN" problem after I separated my phone from USB. But the other times were not related to USB connection/disconnection. Not much to see I guess:
http://pastebin.com/EfrTaZ4S
Expires in one week.

j4velin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
That was fast .. here's a logfile. I experienced the "wrong PIN" problem after I separated my phone from USB. But the other times were not related to USB connection/disconnection. Not much to see I guess:
http://pastebin.com/EfrTaZ4S
Expires in one week.

Okay, seems like that "Samsung ROM randomly changes the PIN"-problem that many Samsung users have. Do you have enabled any Samsung KNOX features? Any other active device administrators?

daniello8

Sep 13, 2008
Berlin
Okay, seems like that "Samsung ROM randomly changes the PIN"-problem that many Samsung users have. Do you have enabled any Samsung KNOX features? Any other active device administrators?

Actually I deblaoted everything that has "knox" in the name. Only thing that pops up in TiBu when I search knox is "RCPComponents1.0".

And yes .. I have many administrators active:
Android device manager (as recommended by your app description), Cerberus, E-Mail, Lockscreen (don't really use it), Llama, Enable Screen Lock (this one is from buttonsaviour .. never used it), delayedlock, smart app lock, secure settings, screebl, tasker

Which one of those is common to all samsung reports you have received?

Last edited:

daniello8

Sep 13, 2008
Berlin
samsung lockup

I would really like to help with this samsung problem (out of own interest of course). Just had this lockup again and this time I connected to adb an piped a logcat to file while I entered the PIN (that is rejected) a few times. Sadly not the moment the lockup happend but maybe there is something "to see".

Zip file attached.

Attachments

• logcat.zip
    248.5 KB · Views: 2

tggl

Apr 2, 2011
Verizon Note 4

I installed and set this app up on my Verizon Note 4 today, and it works perfectly for my purposes - to keep the phone unlocked while linked by bluetooth to my Gear 2 Neo, and locking the phone with a defined 4 digit pin after the Gear 2 Neo disconnects or is out of range for 30 seconds. I have read with concern, however, the references to some Samsung phones randomly changing the PIN or otherwise locking out an owner using this app after working fine initially. The convenience of not having to enter an unlock code is not worth the risk of being locked out of my phone entirely. Should I just uninstall this until this issue is resolved?

Thanks,
Tom

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
I would really like to help with this samsung problem (out of own interest of course). Just had this lockup again and this time I connected to adb an piped a logcat to file while I entered the PIN (that is rejected) a few times. Sadly not the moment the lockup happend but maybe there is something "to see".

Zip file attached.

Not sure if that's related, but in the log there is a crash of the keyguard (aka lockscreen) related to a xposed module:

Code:
E/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 3395): Object tried to add another callback

E/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 3395): java.lang.Exception: Called by

E/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 3395): 	at com.android.keyguard.KeyguardUpdateMonitor.registerCallback(KeyguardUpdateMonitor.java:1070)

E/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 3395): 	at com.android.keyguard.KeyguardAbsKeyInputView.onResume(KeyguardAbsKeyInputView.java:425)

E/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 3395): 	at com.android.keyguard.KeyguardHostView.onScreenTurnedOn(KeyguardHostView.java:1711)

E/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 3395): 	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.invokeOriginalMethodNative(Native Method)

E/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 3395): 	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.handleHookedMethod(XposedBridge.java:631)

E/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 3395): 	at com.android.keyguard.KeyguardHostView.onScreenTurnedOn(Native Method)

E/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 3395): 	at com.android.keyguard.KeyguardViewManager.onScreenTurnedOn(KeyguardViewManager.java:570)

E/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 3395): 	at com.android.keyguard.KeyguardViewMediator.handleNotifyScreenOn(KeyguardViewMediator.java:2142)

E/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 3395): 	at com.android.keyguard.KeyguardViewMediator.access$2800(KeyguardViewMediator.java:167)

E/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 3395): 	at com.android.keyguard.KeyguardViewMediator$6.handleMessage(KeyguardViewMediator.java:1734)

E/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 3395): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)

E/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 3395): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:157)

E/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 3395): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5356)

E/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 3395): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

E/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 3395): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)

E/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 3395): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1265)

E/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 3395): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1081)

E/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 3395): 	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:132)

E/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 3395): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

daniello8

Sep 13, 2008
Berlin
Not sure if that's related, but in the log there is a crash of the keyguard (aka lockscreen) related to a xposed module:

Regrettably it doesn't give a hint about which module might be the culprit :(

I am currently looking for a logcat app that runs in the background and records to file with a file size limit (e.g. only the last 20 megs).. haven't found one yet .. but if I do I will leave it on.

daniello8

Sep 13, 2008
Berlin
Samsung lockup

I must now admit that I never took care of the last checkbox on your startup screen .. the one before the license check. I didn't exactly understand what to do and the option led me to a settings page that didn't help me understand. Now I set the wait time to zero and switch on the immediate activation of the lockscreen when the screen is turned off. As a replacement I set the timout in your app .. after screen off to two minutes .. I guess this is the way you meant it to be.

Maybe that was the conflict. With both settings in the samsung menu and no timout in the app everything actually worked well - except for the lockup that occured sometimes.

I'll have to see how it goes now.

Edit: Nope .. didn't help .. just had another one of those lockups :.-(

Last edited:

daniello8

Sep 13, 2008
Berlin
Some thoughts about the app:

- In Bluetooth section I can add all pairings. Why not make it possible to add from the known wifi list (maybe not all but select from that) .. instead of having to connect to the wifi to add it?
- A delete confirmation would be good .. swiping away entries is quite easy.
- A hint would be good that BT has to be restarted for the app to work. I wondered why my phone didn't stay unlocked when I added the BT in the car.
- I would appreciate the first unlock when connected to a known Wifi to be an option. At work I would want this initial unlock .. at home I wouldn't

Maybe you like some of those :)

Reactions: j4velin

daniello8

Sep 13, 2008
Berlin
Managed to make a verbose logcat of my samsung lockup. Will email it to the support address mentioned in the app description.

Ingenium13

Dec 25, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Some thoughts about the app:

- In Bluetooth section I can add all pairings. Why not make it possible to add from the known wifi list (maybe not all but select from that) .. instead of having to connect to the wifi to add it?
- A delete confirmation would be good .. swiping away entries is quite easy.
- A hint would be good that BT has to be restarted for the app to work. I wondered why my phone didn't stay unlocked when I added the BT in the car.
- I would appreciate the first unlock when connected to a known Wifi to be an option. At work I would want this initial unlock .. at home I wouldn't

Maybe you like some of those :)

If you have Tasker you can pretty easily do 3 and 4 in your list. I manage the unlocks completely with Tasker simply because sometimes I want an initial unlock and sometimes I don't.

It also gives you flexibility over the charging lock control. I want the lock enabled when it's charging, even if on known wifi (like work) because it means I probably walked away from my phone. Whereas in my car I want it to be unlocked when connected to bluetooth regardless of whether it's charging or not.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

daniello8

Sep 13, 2008
Berlin
If you have Tasker you can pretty easily do 3 and 4 in your list. I manage the unlocks completely with Tasker simply because sometimes I want an initial unlock and sometimes I don't.

It also gives you flexibility over the charging lock control. I want the lock enabled when it's charging, even if on known wifi (like work) because it means I probably walked away from my phone. Whereas in my car I want it to be unlocked when connected to bluetooth regardless of whether it's charging or not.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Sounds very interesting .. I would dig into those suggestions when I get DL to run stable on my samsung .. still fighting with lockups :(

julz

Mar 17, 2007
www.julianjwong.com
Used to work on my Oneplus One but since changing to a Galaxy Note 4 it doesn't work. All boxes are ticked but phone still asks for PIN even though my Android Wear device is in range. Can I get a refund?

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
Used to work on my Oneplus One but since changing to a Galaxy Note 4 it doesn't work. All boxes are ticked but phone still asks for PIN even though my Android Wear device is in range. Can I get a refund?
Have you tried the "Disable while connected to any Android Wear device" option? Seems like the Note doesn't notify apps about connects/disconnects of Bluetooth Low Energy devices

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
yes, tried clearing the settings and setting it up again without any luck
Can you select "no lockscreen" in the Android settings?
Also, debug version is attached which should create a logfile after some time, please send me this file then

Attachments

• DelayedLock-debug.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 6

julz

Mar 17, 2007
www.julianjwong.com
I haven't installed the debug version yet but it seems to be partially working. As long as my watch doesn't go out of range and lose connection it will unlock without the need for a PIN. As soon as it loses connection I have to put a PIN in again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dlfeature.png

Hey guys :)
    I just published my first serious app on the android market and would like to give some of you the opportunity to test it for free. edit: sorry, i cant give away any more test licenses. but i released a trial app, so everyone can now test it for free :)

The app is called Delayed Lock and simply delays the activation of the secure lockscreen for a user definied amount of time or while connected to WiFi/Bluetooth. You can choose to start the activation timer whether on the last successful unlock or on display off time and immediately reenable the lockscreen through a notification in the status bar or a widget.

Main Features:
    • Delayes the requirement to enter pattern/PIN/password again after succesfully unlocked once
    • No lockscreen while connected to certain WiFi network or Bluetooth devices
    • Time delay since "Screen off" or since "Last unlock"
    • Quickly re-enable the lock through the Android notification bar or a widget
    • Widgets & Shortcuts: Toggle Lock, Screen off, Screen off & Lock, Enable / Disable DelayedLock
    • Free plugins: Disable lockscreen while at certain locations or use the Tasker app to control the lockscreen
    • automatically wipe the device after several failed unlocks
    • auto disable USB-debugging on rooted devices (on 4.0 - 4.2.1, not necessary on 4.2.2+)

FAQ:
    Here: http://j4velin-systems.de/faq/index.php?app=dl

General limitations:
    • Does not work if your Exchange policy requires a PIN! (might work if your device is rooted though)
    • Pattern lock & FaceUnlock require root on Android 4.0+
    • Does not work on all devices, see section Device incompatibility
    • Requires root if full device encryption is enabled
    • Incompatible with NoLED, No Lock & some other apps
    • Please use the "Uninstall" option from within the app to uninstall it

Device incompatibility:
    • Some HTC devices: Pattern lock might not work
    • Some Samung devices: Notification bar might be accessable even in locked state
    • Samsung Galaxy S5: User reported that after 3 days, the device does not accept the PIN/password any more. Make sure you enable the "Android Device Manager" to remotely change your password in case this happens! Also try to disable the fingerprint feature before setting up Delayed Lock

Plugins:

Download:

This thread is supposed to be a support thread, so dont hesitate to post any (positive or negative) feedback or feature requests :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Delayed Lock, App for the Paid Software Discussion

Contributors
    j4velin

Version Information

Created 2014-11-06
    Last Updated 2014-11-06
    Tasker Plugin

So I finished the Tasker plugin, if anyone is interested.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joshuajhill.taskerdelayedlock

If anyone finds any bugs please let me know.
    Oh really? You can disable the PIN even though device encryption is enabled on M? That'd be cool. I don't have an encrypted M device here, could you test if the attached version works?
    This release works perfectly. Thanks!
    Yeah, it does let you keep the phone encrypted but disable the screen lock. I will test what happens when I reboot the phone. I have enabled the setting to ask for pin on boot. I will report back shortly.

edit: So, as I said, it does not set the option to ask for pin on boot. The specific option in Android is called "Require PIN to start device". Is it at all possible to add the option so that the app enables that?
    Would you happen to know what the proper shutdown command is/should be?
    well, they need to send http://developer.android.com/reference/android/content/Intent.html#ACTION_SHUTDOWN intent before shutting down. not sure if that's possible though, as only the system is supposed to do this.
    boot loop should not be a problem, as (on a proper shutdown) the ownership is restored on shutdown. Delayed Lock changes the ownership again when receiving the BOOT_COMPLETE broadcast. so if the bootloop happens before that, it shouldnt a problem. any other "unplanned" shutdown however will cause this issue (it seems to only effect some devices, Nexus 4, 5 & 7 seem to not care about who the owner is at all)
    @j4velin, I'm afraid I've been experiencing the same bug as @mercado79.

Hey guys, this is kind of a shot in the dark but it sounds a little similar to an issue I was having with DL awhile back so it might be worth trying the next time you experience it.

The trick is you have to be using TWRP on the recovery partition because that will let you use a file manager to delete two files. There may well be other solutions but that's been the easiest for me. The two files which need to be deleted are:

/data/system/locksettings.db
    /data/system/locksettings.db-shm

After deleting those try rebooting and see if you can make it back.