***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!

Search This thread

jwattt

Sep 18, 2012
Tucson
Well that's the problem you cant get one from the store they send you one. So you get this new one before you give them the old one. But if they send you this new one and the old one has "physical damage" they'll charge you like 660 bucks. They will most likely not accept it because of the crack :(

jwattt

Sep 18, 2012
Tucson
what rom are you running and have you tried odin? also do you get the battery charging icon when plugging it in?

tennisjunkie

Dec 18, 2010
Tampa
Did anything else AT ALL happen to the phone? More details please, I'd like to help.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

camden07

Jan 15, 2013
Houston
cm10.1

coming from hyperdrive rls4 which is an outstanding rom everytime i try and flash jellybam 5.2 i get stuck in a boot loop same goes for other cm 10.1 roms as well is there a reason behind this something im missing any help would be appreciative ;)

thecozmo65

Jan 19, 2013
Tryed to install chainfire drivers on my S3 and now its stuck at the Galaxy SIII splash. I probably just missed something or didnt do something right. I am running CM10 stable build, Faux kernal,

dragon1357

Feb 3, 2011
I don't want to start a new thread, so here goes. Every time I watch a YouTube video on the market for the preview and turn the screen off when I turn it back on it freezes and I have to battery pull. And I just discovered today that is when I use any app and turn the screen off when I screen on it freezes. I'm on clean rom KToonz kernel and kinda crap mods.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

...Awesome...

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 10, 2010
Chicago
plus.google.com
I don't want to start a new thread, so here goes. Every time I watch a YouTube video on the market for the preview and turn the screen off when I turn it back on it freezes and I have to battery pull. And I just discovered today that is when I use any app and turn the screen off when I screen on it freezes. I'm on clean rom KToonz kernel and kinda crap mods.

You might want to reflash your ROMs one of the mods/tweaks is interfering with the rendering of the screen.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

dragon1357

Feb 3, 2011
Oh and here's a picture

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359763342170.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359763342170.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 73

spurnout

Sep 6, 2007
Hi,
I was trying to root and I got to the point of flashing CWM. I'm able to get into it no problem. The issue is that to finish the root I tried to go back into download mode and I can't do it. I get to the screen with the yellow triangle but before I can tell it to continue it's already rebooting. How do I fix this?

Edit: Cancel that. Not sure why but I just have to hit it very quickly. Root is verified! Finally! Phew!

Last edited:

jwattt

Sep 18, 2012
Tucson
ahh the verizon triangle? that would mean your bootloader is not unlocked fyi and you flashed a custom rom. You have also probably incremented your flash counter so i would download triangle away from the app store or .apk file to reset that. Heres a link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.triangleaway&hl=en
in order to check your flash counter go into download mode and see if the flash counter says a number instead of "no".If there is a number you should reset it because verizon will void your warranty if its tripped.
Hi,
I was trying to root and I got to the point of flashing CWM. I'm able to get into it no problem. The issue is that to finish the root I tried to go back into download mode and I can't do it. I get to the screen with the yellow triangle but before I can tell it to continue it's already rebooting. How do I fix this?

Edit: Cancel that. Not sure why but I just have to hit it very quickly. Root is verified! Finally! Phew!

Resperith

Sep 12, 2012
Hello

I have posted a few threads, but I thought I would bring my problems here and see if any of the community could possibly spread some insight on the problems of my cellular monstrosity. Perhaps I am exaggerating.
Firstly,
After rooting and flashes a many,
I discovered that, lo and behold, my play store no longer works; I have a server error--one that even with all my mighty searching abilities, I could not find a solution to.

So,
following the following forum instructions instructing me on how to return my phone to a returnable state (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1867253),
I managed to get my phone to this:
Binary count = 0,
Download mode says = official.

About device:
Model SCH-I535
Android: 4.0.4
Baseband Version: 1535VRLG1
Kernel version: 3.0.8-743127 user
se.infra@sep-95#1
Build number: IMM76D.I535VRALG1

Phone is unrooted, and it does not have an unlocked boot loader.

Now, I brought this into the Verizon store, because even after returning the device to stock, the cursed play store still outputs a "Server Error". They told me they could give me a new phone. However, if they sent it to the manufacturer and it was decided that the phone had been rooted, I would be charged the full 600~ dollars for the replacement.
The associate actually told me he strongly believed that they would void my warranty, that it looked like my Firmware was not stock.
Am I missing something?

I humbly request the service of ye, knights of the xda!

Sincerely
RESPERITH

Last edited:

jwattt

Sep 18, 2012
Tucson
did you flash the stock rom? if you flashed the stock rom and used triangle away https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.triangleaway&hl=en to clear your flash counter you should be good to go. you can find the apk for free if googled but i mean your counter is 0 so you should be good to go if in download mode everything says stock and binary count is 0

I have posted a few threads, but I thought I would bring my problems here and see if any of the community could possibly spread some insight on the problems of my cellular monstrosity. Perhaps I am exaggerating.
Firstly,
After rooting and flashes a many,
I discovered that, lo and behold, my play store no longer works; I have a server error--one that even with all my mighty searching abilities, I could not find a solution to.

So,
following some instructions to return my phone to a returnable state,
These are my phone stats:
Binary count = 0,
Download mode says = official.

About device:
Model SCH-I535
Android: 4.0.4
Baseband Version: 1535VRLG1
Kernel version: 3.0.8-743127 user
se.infra@sep-95#1
Build number: IMM76D.I535VRALG1

It is unrooted,
And it does not have an unlocked boot loader.

Now, I brought this into the Verizon store, because even after returning the device to stock, the cursed play store still outputs a "Server Error". They told me they could give me a new phone. However, if they sent it to the manufacturer and it was decided that the phone had been rooted, I would be charged the full 600~ dollars for the replacement.

I humbly request the service of the knights of the xda.
PEACE.

RESPERITH

Last edited:

Resperith

Sep 12, 2012
did you flash the stock rom? if you flashed the stock rom and used triangle away https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.triangleaway&hl=en to clear your flash counter you should be good to go. you can find the apk for free if googled

I believe I did flash the stock rom, and unless I am mistaken,
"from the directions in the sticky in this subforum" and follow the instructions. Use the UN rooted official version and Just to clarify, there is really only ONE option to choose if you plan on returning your phone to Verizon.(Official VRALG1 4.0.4)

Which is the thing I have right?
VRALG1

They said when they looked at my stuff that it should say like R000012 or some number I cannot remember.
Sorry. xD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The lock/power button on my s3 has stopped working, and I need to restore to stock so I can bring it to Verizon for a replacement.

Anyone know of a way to get into download mode without using the power button?

Go into terminal emulator and type in:

su
    reboot download

Hit enter after each line.

Or you can use adb if you know how. Either way you must be rooted to do this.
    Trt flashing the rom with clean wipe.. Then install correct version of gapps

Thanks doesn't hurt....
    hi i hard bricked my phone about a month ago and got it fixed recently by JTAG Riff - Boot repair and it worked perfect. but then i rooted it and unlocked the bootloader and then i went it too recovery mode to install hyperdrive rom r14 using TWRP and everything runs smooth threw the installation but once its done i reboot and it has a yellow triangle with a black exclamation point in it and under neath is says "system software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone". then after i go to download re-flash a stock firmware and re-root and restore to my last backup and have no problem. but what i want to know is, is there a why to fix this so i can flash custom roms again. if i could get help that would be great.

I would start the rooting / flashing process o er from Step 1. I had the same problem on day one and soft bricked it and was able to follow a thread that unscrewed it but I honestly don't remember what was entailed. I do know that what I did in the end was restart the root / flashing process. Wish I could be of more help but I know you'll be able to get it going again.
    nfc

Actually I just thought of something else to try. Have you gone in and force quit nfc and cleared the app data? That may resolve the problem. Nfc will be under all apps and it is named nfc service.

I have the stock battery and when I did call Verizon the first time they wanted me to contact Samsung first then get back to them so I figured i'd bring it here. It had worked before so I was wondering if maybe it fried somehow? Phone has never been dropped, no water damage, watch because I said that i'll drop it in 5 minutes and shatter my screen :eek: I guess I'll just try Samsung tomorrow and see what they have to say.
    No if you are back to stock ORIGINAL and still have that problem its Hardware.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2