[Library]Build.prop Tools

Search This thread
G

GuestK00178

Ive been trying to get this implemented for awhile now but havnt had any luck. Lets say you added a line to the build.prop in a rom and needed a value to it changed with a toggle. So, when a user pressed a toggle, it would switch from value (0) to (1). Would this be formated in a PreferenceManager? "Not the greatest in java yet"

BuildProp.setProp("qemu.hw.mainkeys", "0");

BuildProp.setProp("qemu.hw.mainkeys", "1");

I'm not really sure what you're asking, but if you want a toggle you might want to wait for the next update. I think I've got getProp working without root (finally) but I haven't had time to test it yet.
Also, you will have to reboot for the softkeys to toggle.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
I'm not really sure what you're asking, but if you want a toggle you might want to wait for the next update. I think I've got getProp working without root (finally) but I haven't had time to test it yet.
Also, you will have to reboot for the softkeys to toggle.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Alright, Il wait on this. Im aware, Id setup a preference page of toggles for the build.prop (Checked=1 Unchecked=0 or Insert Value) preferences and an intent to reboot after preferences applied.

mikrosmile

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2011
Moscow
Guys, anyone notice that on Android 4.3 this library doesnt work?
I have HTC One with 4.2.2 and Nexus with 4.3. On htc my app works and build.prop values can get, but on nexus it doesnt work. and the app doesnt show any errors..
i dont have ability to view logcat atm but will post later. Anyway maybe you know something?

G

GuestK00178

Alright, Il wait on this. Im aware, Id setup a preference page of toggles for the build.prop (Checked=1 Unchecked=0 or Insert Value) preferences and an intent to reboot after preferences applied.
Sorry, I haven't been able to find a way to make getProp work without root yet :(

Guys, anyone notice that on Android 4.3 this library doesnt work?
I have HTC One with 4.2.2 and Nexus with 4.3. On htc my app works and build.prop values can get, but on nexus it doesnt work. and the app doesnt show any errors..
i dont have ability to view logcat atm but will post later. Anyway maybe you know something?

I haven't tested it on 4.3 yet because I've been testing it on my old phone running 4.1.2, but I guess I could test it on 4.3 sometime. Logcat would be very much appreciated, thanks :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk now Free

mikrosmile

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2011
Moscow
Ok, Root libs working on 4.3.. I guess it was caused by Root app in the PA rom on Nexus, coz on HTC One with 4.3 everything is working fine.

G

GuestK00178

New update just uploaded. Sorry for letting this become slightly dead :p

Build.prop Tools 1.2
Changelog
Added useRoot option to getProp()
--------------------------------------------
So yeah, now you have the option to use getProp() with or without root. With root, it gets latest values, without root, values are only updated on reboot.

G

GuestK00178

when you try to update your firmware through your application climbs me the message "Error loading" that I do to be able to update your phone? In the subject on I can not download the latest version of the firmware, since there is a dead link and no mirrors.

What? ?

Sent from my sushi grade tuna

yashade2001

Sep 29, 2012
Ankara
when you try to update your firmware through your application climbs me the message "Error loading" that I do to be able to update your phone? In the subject on I can not download the latest version of the firmware, since there is a dead link and no mirrors.

3u6ypu5y.jpg

Top Liked Posts