[HOWTO] Enable text mode and disable Start/OK keys in 6.5.x

Search This thread

Oberoth

Jan 1, 2009
Linz
so...

if you dont want to use an RegestryEditor, i wrote a little tool which makes the work...

link is in my signature "SoftwareButtonHider"

aethelbert

May 1, 2009
Melbourne
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\BubbleTiles]
"TextModeEnabled"=dword:00000001
"HardwareStartKeyEnabled"=dword:00000001
"HardwareDoneKeyEnabled"=dword:00000001

I've used all three of these, and I still get a Start Button sitting in the bottom left corner.
But only on the today screen.
As soon as I open any program, it goes away.

Does anyone know what's going on? :(

You need to soft reset your phone after making the registry edit since it appears to only apply to programs run after it has been changed.

Also, you can simply type in "1" for both HardwareStartKeyEnabled and HardwareDoneKeyEnabled.

buffalosolja42

Aug 19, 2007
Gainesville
is this the same as the start menu delete option?

that frees up ram? Just wandering because in order to do this I will have to reflash because of another cab (similar I guess).

Seiphr

Apr 20, 2010
London
Hey people, noob question...

I can't find that registry entry on my HD2. I can get as far as ...\shell but there is no bubbletiles folder or entries. Do I need to make them, or is my device not compatible? It's a uk vodafone HD2 running stock 1.66 ROM with co0kies ht. I'm using PHM regedit btw.

Thanks guys

wings64

Oct 21, 2006
Seiphr,

That means you have a WM 6.5 ROM. Not a 6.5.X ROM. This hack does not apply your phone.

goodbreak

Jun 27, 2007
Prague
Are there any tools how to remap SW button “Windows”? When I push this button, it brings me to the native WM screen, but I wanna go to the SPB Mobile shell home screen… How to do that? :)

Top Liked Posts