Replace Sensation camera?

Search This thread

Geezer000

Jan 18, 2011
Aylmer Ontario
Has anyone ever physically replaced the camera on the Sensation? Mine won't focus at all. It seems like the actual focus is stuck. Before anybody asks, i've searched for 3 straight days and I tried everything. It just wont focus, it seems like it's stuck on one focus position and anything closer than 2 feet is out of focus. It makes the focus noise but no attempt at focusing.

tessut

Has anyone ever physically replaced the camera on the Sensation? Mine won't focus at all. It seems like the actual focus is stuck. Before anybody asks, i've searched for 3 straight days and I tried everything. It just wont focus, it seems like it's stuck on one focus position and anything closer than 2 feet is out of focus. It makes the focus noise but no attempt at focusing.

Its not broken or something its just the software there is a slightly difference if you use the HQ camera mod ;)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE using XDA

hdjx20

Nov 22, 2010
Everything closer than 2 feet is always blurry.but even if I try to focus on something father away it doesn't. It just stays on one focus point.

Sent from my Cappy using the XDA app.

i also get the no focus on anything up close but focus from more than 2 feet or so works great! weird, im guessing that thats just how it is.

overthinkingme

Feb 24, 2010
Los Angeles
overthinkingme.com
My camera has been having trouble focusing lately. I've tried stock ICS, sense 4.0, aosp. None are good.
Kind of been wanting to downgrade to gb to see if it improves.
Glad to see I'm not alone, although it isn't very good news..

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

hdjx20

Nov 22, 2010
My camera has been having trouble focusing lately. I've tried stock ICS, sense 4.0, aosp. None are good.
Kind of been wanting to downgrade to gb to see if it improves.
Glad to see I'm not alone, although it isn't very good news..

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

right i wish i didnt root this thing the day i got it so i could remember how stock camera was! :(

Halluzman

Mar 31, 2012
I can't automatic focus while recording too, only by clicking on screen. I have stock rom so i think it's just feature.

babadaba

May 3, 2011
Been facing the same problem too. Autofocus for macro shot is not as good as my old htc desire and htc sensation.. strangely, if i try macro using object that has text on it i.e newspaper it works.. I thought the problem is the HQ camera mod, but when i reverted to stock camera, the problem persist. I still yet to try the camera on official GB rom. If anyone tried it I would love to hear the result.

Htc Sensation XE, ARHD 6.6.3