[Q] Strange SD card problem

Search This thread

praximax

May 20, 2012
Calcutta
Well, I have a class 6 16 gb samsung micro sd card using with lg p500. Two weeks ago after installing some rom(probably icysnap) after booting it can't recognize the sd card but detects it in cwm. So I know my sd card is alright. so I flashed another rom(rasheed's jb) but still it can't recognize the sd card although detected in cwm just like previous times. After then I tried a lot like formatting it,partitioning it by both CWM & Minitool from FAT32 to FAT-EXT123..every format. But nope..nothing happened. And then next morning it is recognized again. So it takes a few hours to be detected. What the heck is going on:confused::confused:? Any solution? Can't I have flexibility to reboot my phone:crying:?

And don't I have any right to use link2sd and download more apps than it fits in internal memory:crying:!

grigtm

Aug 13, 2011
maybe your phone doesn't recognize sd card because of some permisions, try fix permisions from cwm

Last edited:

rr0yy

Jun 14, 2012
Format it again in PC.. dont use Quick format method. Size allocation DEFAULT. Dont patition it this time. Try different kernels.

Still if you face the problem.. get another MicroSD card.. buy transcend.

grigtm

Aug 13, 2011
And don't I have any right to use link2sd and download more apps than it fits in internal memory:crying:!

another thing, on playstore is an app named PIMPMYROM, I used it to zipalign and move data to sd but I do not recommend in your case to move data to SD, you can try it , it is free, but beware some things may brick your phone

another thing is to check SD slot with a multimeter to see if all pins have same voltage/amps

and as rr0yy says, try with another SD card, maybe this one isn't too good and is too lazy and moves with the speed of a rabid snail

Last edited:

praximax

May 20, 2012
Calcutta
another thing, on playstore is an app named PIMPMYROM, I used it to zipalign and move data to sd but I do not recommend in your case to move data to SD, you can try it , it is free, but beware some things may brick your phone

another thing is to check SD slot with a multimeter to see if all pins have same voltage/amps

and as rr0yy says, try with another SD card, maybe this one isn't too good and is too lazy and moves with the speed of a rabid snail
Well..my $15 Micromax phone instantly detects teh card. I think there is no problem with the card but the reader in the phone. And I tried everything like fixing permission in cwm.