KitKat Leak for Verizon S4

Search This thread

KachowPow

Oct 23, 2012
Philadelphia
We probably don't have to worry much about bringing it to the Note 3 as I'm sure KK for our phone isn't too far behind. About damn time we see something!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Wouldn't it be a much safer approach to bring this S4 leaked version over to our Note 3? I mean you could be right KK for the Note 3 might be just around the corner, but what if that version of KK has a similar affect as the version that AT&T received, where the update wiped out Root and there was no way to restore it. Maybe that is something that is just going to happen with the Verizon KK update, Root will be lost, and the bounties will raise again. If you ask me, what if we take a look at the S4 KK leaked ROM and see if it is something that can be ported over to the Note 3, maybe it can, maybe there's a way to keep Root and enjoy KitKat.

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
Wouldn't it be a much safer approach to bring this S4 leaked version over to our Note 3? I mean you could be right KK for the Note 3 might be just around the corner, but what if that version of KK has a similar affect as the version that AT&T received, where the update wiped out Root and there was no way to restore it. Maybe that is something that is just going to happen with the Verizon KK update, Root will be lost, and the bounties will raise again. If you ask me, what if we take a look at the S4 KK leaked ROM and see if it is something that can be ported over to the Note 3, maybe it can, maybe there's a way to keep Root and enjoy KitKat.

I guess I don't know about obtaining root on a stock AT&T KK Note 3, but it seems there are plenty of custom, rooted ROMs based off the newest release. Porting a new version of android without the kernel (for those of us using SS) just seems like it'd be a lot of work and a PITA. Admittedly, I don't know much about this stuff so it may be more straight forward than I know.

KachowPow

Oct 23, 2012
Philadelphia
Would it be possible use a stock KitKat ROM from another carrier such as Sprint, extract the radio, then insert the Verizon radio from S4 leak? I don't know much about ROM building or porting a ROM, but I know you need the correct radios to get it to work properly, maybe if cross-build with what is already available something should work right? and I hope on the retail version side of things...

Borderpatrol1987

Dec 5, 2012
CIncinnati
When you start tweaking like that, it's becomes no longer signed, and then it won't flash. Plus I think the kernel is different, which is an automatic stop, as we can't flash different ones.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

dakunclear

Jul 26, 2011
Calgary
Personally I would try to use a Canadian 4.4 Rom since we have had the update for over a month now up here

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
When you start tweaking like that, it's becomes no longer signed, and then it won't flash. Plus I think the kernel is different, which is an automatic stop, as we can't flash different ones.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

SafeStrap ignores the boot.img even if present, so it can't get flashed on a retail N3.

beepea206

Mar 18, 2011
The note 3 tar was posted on their site and in another thread. No root exploit is publicly available yet.

Top Liked Posts