Android L 5.0 Port for Moto G Community Project

Search This thread

SamsungAdmire

Mar 6, 2012
It's still a preview. That means a lot of things won't work and it will be buggy as well. It'd be better to wait until fall comes and to enjoy the stock update from motorola (or any rom maker) instead, as it would be much more stable and ready.

asdcxz1

Aug 18, 2012
hyderabad
www.teluguvaru.in
It's still a preview. That means a lot of things won't work and it will be buggy as well. It'd be better to wait until fall comes and to enjoy the stock update from motorola (or any rom maker) instead, as it would be much more stable and ready.

as u said is right but many people are waiting to see the changes and to use it so we will try as it is .. to see the features

Reactions: webnetedgar

bozzykid

May 1, 2011
Plus, Google didn't release the source to 'L'. Trying to create a build out of a buggy preview made for the Nexus 5 and port that to the Moto G would only be a disaster.

Reactions: Hitz93

wws12

Jul 10, 2012
Ok guys, what would be the best way to start this project? I know we'll need drivers. Does anyone have a Nexus 5 we could grab those from?

The modem and camera will obviously have to be from a Moto G.

wws12

dokiace

Jul 14, 2011
please wait for final release for nexus devices then port it, porting developer preview is not worth it :/

adi6262

May 16, 2011
@everyone
If you feel like it's not worth porting a dev preview, it will be too buggy, it won't work etc. There is a simple solution, you don't port it! But if some one wants to try it, what problem do you have? Why discourage him? You have nothing to lose. Also, you aren't obliged to flash the ROM. Please stop this negativity. Help or stfu.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @everyone
    If you feel like it's not worth porting a dev preview, it will be too buggy, it won't work etc. There is a simple solution, you don't port it! But if some one wants to try it, what problem do you have? Why discourage him? You have nothing to lose. Also, you aren't obliged to flash the ROM. Please stop this negativity. Help or stfu.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app
    What is the reason for this? Android L is not even an alpha or beta build, its a developer preview. it has many bugs, Why are you (all) so impatient. I am sure Motorola will update the Moto devices to Android L when the final build is released.

Even CyanogenMod doesnt want to start CM12 until the final build is released.

If people just waited for official updates, XDA wouldn't exist.

And anyway, why does it matter to you? If you don't like the idea of this port, then go somewhere else.
    I've got a xt1022 and the SDK ready to go. Let's get this operational!

wws12
    This thread went off topic quite a bit and there was some childish bickering which has no place on XDA. If you do not have anything constructive to post then you are best to post nothing at all. I'd rather not have to return for the same reasons again..

Thread cleaned
    What is the reason for this? Android L is not even an alpha or beta build, its a developer preview. it has many bugs, Why are you (all) so impatient. I am sure Motorola will update the Moto devices to Android L when the final build is released.

Even CyanogenMod doesnt want to start CM12 until the final build is released.

Guys if he wants to port a developer preview let him do it.. Sure it'll have bugs and not be stable but let him see and experience that for him self. I for one can wait till the official release but if he wants to get a little preview of it hence the name developer preview then don't stop him. There's a lot of senseless arguing going on here.