[Keyboard mod] HTC_IME.apk without arrows - Now with landscape

Search This thread

biojo

Jul 1, 2011
AR_HD 6.0.0

Hi I tried your file on this but it leave me with no keyboard until I put original file back, Ive attached the file that comes with ARHD6.0.0 if you could would you magic that would be great.

Ye that voice button was annoying on Sensation if you could extend the space bar and move the ;, key over to left that would be awsome and worthy of a beer :)

thanks

Attachments

• HTC_IME.apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 122

biojo

Jul 1, 2011
ali3nfr3ak , Any chance you can tell us what files you edited so, i can have a look whats diff between yers and ours please

decalex

Apr 21, 2009
Boston, MA
There shouldn't be a problem removing that key, but u will have to resize all of the bottom row of keys

Lol, that's what I was worried about. I haven't opened it up yet but, are they .9.pngs or just regular pngs?

Actually, I wouldnt even mind having a dead key there.. or a "?".
Although, an extended spacebar would be nice.. asymmetric though.. hmm.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

decalex

Apr 21, 2009
Boston, MA
if yer refering to the one on first page it doesnt work with arhd, ive tried pushing it, copying it, still same no keyboard available :(

Same here.. I have an idea tho. Will update this post in a few mins.

EDIT. lol that didn't work. Tried replacing the classes.dex in the mod with my original HTC_IME.apk
also tried the meta-inf, but no working yet.

Last edited:

biojo

Jul 1, 2011
Same here.. I have an idea tho. Will update this post in a few mins.

EDIT. lol that didn't work. Tried replacing the classes.dex in the mod with my original HTC_IME.apk
also tried the meta-inf, but no working yet.

ive tried replacing files, but did u notice the file sizes are well different

decalex

Apr 21, 2009
Boston, MA
ive tried replacing files, but did u notice the file sizes are well different

I did notice that with this version. I did a simple mod just to see if it would work, and what ended up working was replacing the meta inf folder and the androidmanifest (from the original). No go for me on this version though.

ali3nfr3ak

Dec 1, 2008
Christchurch
I did notice that with this version. I did a simple mod just to see if it would work, and what ended up working was replacing the meta inf folder and the androidmanifest (from the original). No go for me on this version though.

no pngs to resize, its all control by .xml , i couldnt get this mod to work with ARHD, I am very busy over the next 7 days, and have been for the last few, will look into it some more, and upate to new base, sorry, if you want to what i have changed do a comparee of the .apks ( i use beyond compare) original from ruu and the one i posted, sorry i just dont have time to list all the files

Reactions: biojo

kash20

Jun 7, 2011
I copied and pasted over the HTC_IME.apk in system/app via rootexplorer and my keyboard disappeared, I then extracted the apk from the Android Revolution and copied the HTC_IME.apk back into the system/app and now i have no keyboard whatsoever, how can i get back to where i was originally?

Edit: Nevermind, forgot to change the permissions back to r-w-,r-,r-

Last edited:

py_martinez

May 22, 2012
TOULON
Xiaomi Mi 10
Maybe it hasn't be said but before pasting the htc ime.apk in the system app file you need to erase the stock IME one !

If you don't (as me the first time:mad:) you will no have ANY keeboard !

crescal

Oct 6, 2010
Hong Kong
sorry to dig this up but does anyone help me in modding the keyboard? since i want to remove the arrows for chinese IME as well:D thanks

kiay

Oct 15, 2008
Brisbane!!!
sorry to dig this up but does anyone help me in modding the keyboard? since i want to remove the arrows for chinese IME as well:D thanks

can you send me your HTC_IME.apk before doing so? cuz i needed the chinese IME but it's not in Chamandar Rom...

thanks...

EDIT: nevermind... it can be installed... thanks...

briken.one

Apr 29, 2012
Awesome

Thanks a ton, I've been looking all over the place the stock keyboard with trace feature. Works perfectly with JDROID exodized.

Top Liked Posts