Dorimanx's Kernel (STOCK) Q&A Thread

Search This thread

merlin21

Jul 19, 2010
Huawei Nova 2
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
So i've been experiencing a drain on phone using the 3G/LTE on Dorimanx Kernel on all versions i've tried and the phone is getting too hot. i mean when i place my ear beside the earpiece on the phone its just really hot. i don't know how to control it. and it drains a lot of battery from 100% i could get maximum 2 Hours SOT or 2 1/2 SOT.

Can i ask how can i control the temperature so that it wouldn't go hot and don't drain battery. Im not sure what to change on STWEAKS. Thanks for the help!
something is wrong with phone/rom. I wipe and clean install everything. Perhaps the app greenify helps you. Most time it's a app that is draining battery...

b4mb1_

Aug 14, 2014
something is wrong with phone/rom. I wipe and clean install everything. Perhaps the app greenify helps you. Most time it's a app that is draining battery...
I think its the temperature handling i mean dorimanx also use Pardus HDC 7.7 but mine i don't know whats wrong with this one. I use greenify and almost all of my apps are greenified without 3g or if im just using wifi my max sot would be 7-8 hours but with 3g or 4g on its like 2 hours max SOT. lmao and soooo hot.

g.paganini

Jun 14, 2012
Novi Sad
I just want to share my extremely fast and battery friendly experience with stock Rom and v8.1 kernel:
cpu0 performance
the rest ondemand plus

nothing else changed. Its one of the greatest innovations of dorimanx kernel. ?

And here you can read a description of some governors and what they do:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26884865&postcount=2

It's not my work but i find it useful. So press thanks to author if you like it.[emoji106]

I just tried those settings in stweaks and processor gets stuck on 2265 mhz.??? Any clue? I'm on Pardus 7.7 D802.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

crendo

Oct 19, 2010
Is it normal to have frequency of GPS oscillating between 27 Mhz and Min set by synapse?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413032434598.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1413032434598.png
    245.1 KB · Views: 111

drivenby

Mar 8, 2012
Does anyone know what settings need a reboot to chance?

Particularly hot plug?, If i change hot plug on steaks, does it happen instantly or does it need a reboot?

Thanks

Diechel

Feb 10, 2009
Somewhere
I believe you, however it's always on 2265 mhz, when it's idle too. Is that OK?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

@paganini
I must check cpu when screen is off. I think it went down when off. You checked it?

When using performance on core0 it will always be on 2265Mhz when screen on.

When you put screen off the phone will be in deep sleep after a while and cpu not active anymore.
Dont see the advantage of cpu running constantly on 2265Mhz. Only more battery drain when phone idleing.

But you can do what you like of course.
If i want more snappyness i should put touch boost a bit higher or switch to more aggressive governor.

remorema

Mar 12, 2009
Lisbon
No because of thermal problems
in some soc's adreno 330 goes up to 578.

not saying it would be stable to overclock that much but maybe and extra 50Mhz wouldnt hurt thermal that hard. sweet spot if it could would be two extra steps. one at 500 for conservative users and another at 550 for extreme users.

Diechel

Feb 10, 2009
Somewhere
in some soc's adreno 330 goes up to 578.

not saying it would be stable to overclock that much but maybe and extra 50Mhz wouldnt hurt thermal that hard. sweet spot if it could would be two extra steps. one at 500 for conservative users and another at 550 for extreme users.

Use search to find dorimanx answers to gpu overclocking.
Its not gonna happen, the LG G2 cannot handle cpu heat alone without throttle.
So increasing GPU would not help cooling :) and possibly only lags more because of throttling

merlin21

Jul 19, 2010
Huawei Nova 2
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
If i want more snappyness i should put touch boost a bit higher or switch to more aggressive governor.

Right my more aggressive governor is performance... i don't need to wait for touch boost to come up because it's already here, when I'm on phone i use it and want a snappier UI.
I even don't have less battery because if off it's in sleep. I like it that way. I wake the little monster and it's working for me - i say sleep and it sleeps. And if my monster can't lift the stone there are 3 little helpers that come up [emoji23]

Reactions: dorimanx

dorimanx

Feb 20, 2010
TERA Prime.
www.dorimanx.com
Right my more aggressive governor is performance... i don't need to wait for touch boost to come up because it's already here, when I'm on phone i use it and want a snappier UI.
I even don't have less battery because if off it's in sleep. I like it that way. I wake the little monster and it's working for me - i say sleep and it sleeps. And if my monster can't lift the stone there are 3 little helpers that come up [emoji23]

Interesting setup, its ok to set now as we can do that. On each core.

So if freq is at max but no load on that core, bettery drain is more, but not that much, and yes boost to spiked performance is visable.

Have fun playing with it.

Sent from my LG-D802

merlin21

Jul 19, 2010
Huawei Nova 2
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Does it mean without load cpu uses less power then under load even if higher clocked?
And another question, i searched but only find that ondemandplus is newer then ondemand. But what's exactly the difference?

roydest

Apr 30, 2012
Outa Space
It seems as if almost every time I go back to the home screen, the widgets are reloaded / refreshed. This behavior leads to a significant delay (about half a second until all widgets are reloaded). i think it occurs since Kernel 8.1 / 8.2. I never had such a delay like this. I have already tried different configurations (GOV / hotplug, etc.), but there was no acceptable improvement. During a boost Core 0 +2 be activated first, then core 1 + 3 if needed (no big deal, but worth noting). Can someone confirm this behavior?

edit:

I have found the cause, I tested a AVScanner and forgot to uninstall it (in the end I had 2 installed because I wanted to use my old back (TrustGo)). Sorry, it was right after the night shift, next time I go to sleep first... ;)
- finally (i hope so...) i found another reason, SuperSu 2.14 (stable) shows a significant improvement (bugs in previous Betas solved), Rom runs smoother now.

Last edited:

dorimanx

Feb 20, 2010
TERA Prime.
www.dorimanx.com
It seems as if almost every time I go back to the home screen, the widgets are reloaded / refreshed. This behavior leads to a significant delay (about half a second until all widgets are reloaded). i think it occurs since Kernel 8.1 / 8.2. I never had such a delay like this. I have already tried different configurations (GOV / hotplug, etc.), but there was no acceptable improvement. During a boost Core 0 +2 be activated first, then core 1 + 3 if needed (no big deal, but worth noting). Can someone confirm this behavior?

edit: using latest SuperSU Beta, Pardus Rom and latest Beta from +Dorimanx

Refresh comes from low ram, you have so much things in ram, that your Widgets that considered useless by rom and kernel, killed first to give you free ram for what you are running on screen.

So when you get back, all refreshed.
Known user error. Ram has limits.
Learn to control your ram.
Or dont post.

Sent from my LG-D802

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey @dorimanx
    Any news about lp? My d802 wait you for upgrade version

today i have added +108 commits to LP kernel (NOT IN GIT YET!)

added OC 2.8, enabled all CPU GOVS + ALL HOTPLUGS + Touch boost driver
    + cpu freq limit control + multiple freq cores + sweep2sleep and much more!

80% of features already added!

now left GPU OC + GPU driver update and add new GPU govs.

then merge all the optimization code for all kind of drivers...

you will have to wait some more... it's hard task, and i can work on it only at my free time. at work or home...

and the most important is the sound driver updates! it's 500+ commits! 1/8 of all kernel changes in KK! very big task!
    and LP code is changed, cant just copy paste! need to carefully merge and correct merge errors.
    Took the plunge tonight and updated to 30e so I can be ready. ☺ Viper working, xposed working just wait patiently now. ☺

[root@dorimanx DORIMANX_LG_STOCK_LP_KERNEL]# git commit
    On branch master
    Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 1778 commits.
    (use "git push" to publish your local commits)
    nothing to commit, working directory clean
    [root@dorimanx DORIMANX_LG_STOCK_LP_KERNEL]

i will be testing soon.

doing backups now :)

EDIT!

IT'S A LIVE!!!! Its alive YEEE!!!!

root@g2:/ # uname -a
    uname -a
    Linux localhost 3.4.107-Kernel-Dorimanx-V1.0-LG-D802-PWR-CORE+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Apr 23 01:25:48 IDT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux
    root@g2:/ #

dancing in my chair :)

after some more tests. i have pushed all changes to GIT.

Code:
    [root@dorimanx DORIMANX_LG_STOCK_LP_KERNEL]# git commit
    On branch master
    Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 1816 commits.
      (use "git push" to publish your local commits)
    nothing to commit, working directory clean
    [root@dorimanx DORIMANX_LG_STOCK_LP_KERNEL]#
    [root@dorimanx DORIMANX_LG_STOCK_LP_KERNEL]# git push
    Enter passphrase for key '/root/.ssh/id_rsa':
    Counting objects: 12468, done.
    Delta compression using up to 16 threads.
    Compressing objects: 100% (4324/4324), done.
    Writing objects: 100% (12468/12468), 2.88 MiB | 680.00 KiB/s, done.
    Total 12468 (delta 10478), reused 9813 (delta 8116)
    To git@github.com:dorimanx/DORIMANX_LG_STOCK_LP_KERNEL.git
       46235fa..eaca087  master -> master
    [root@dorimanx DORIMANX_LG_STOCK_LP_KERNEL]#
    @dorimanx just as an idea, how's the LP stuff going on atm ? I mean not specific, just in a general view :D

hmm... good i guess :)

I have merged all the patches from 3.4.1 to 3.4.107 :)
    merged my custom drivers.

and today i have merged 932 commits from my KK kernel :) not in git yet.
    much more needed before it's will even build till the end.

but it's going good :) i am using KK ROM and latest build from my fixes...

i will wait till i finish 80% of my changes before moving to LP and try to stay there....

stay tuned :)
    Guys,

After we find a hell a lot of love of Q&A posts in the original Kernel thread, I think of doing something to relieve the main thread from all these posts....

ORIGINAL THREAD HERE
    Original thread here

Please use this thread to post all your answers and questions about the Kernel here

THANKS
    [GUIDE] JB KK bootloaders ROM kernel (re)-instal AOSP stock, etc

Files: http://www.dorimanx.com/LG/

NOTE: This is for D802, if you have another variant just substitute "flash KK bootloader" or "flash JB bootloader" with the following (from OP):
    "I have created ONE flash zip with all that needed for D802, including stock stuff from 20D KDZ image.
    find for your model, extract needed partitions as in my zip, replace and flash.
    too hard??? leave it alone and keep using JB bootloader till you find mind power to do it".
    This means: download the D802 KK bootloader flash file, download your model's kdz, extract the files needed (same as in the D802 KK booloader flashfile), replace them in the zip and flash or install everything manually.
    Same for JB bootloader zip file.
    If you are reading this then you know how to do this. If not then just stick to JB or buy a D802.

IMPORTANT: if you do NOT know how to unbrick a phone through download mode and installing custom KDZ and all the rest of it then please don't blame anyone. There are threads in xda for un-bricking.

************************************************************************************************************
    First I repeat the steps for installing BUMPED KK bootloader:
    Phone status: non-bumped recovery, non-bumped kernel, JB bootloader, stock-based ROM
    You want to: install KK bootloader
    1) reboot to recovery
    2) flash bumped TWRP 2.8.1.1
    3) reboot to recovery
    4) flash Dorimanx 9.1 kernel
    5) flash KK bootloader
    6) reboot to system
    You now have: bumped recovery, bumped kernel, KK bootloader, stock-based ROM
    ************************************************************************************************************

IMPORTANT: After you have installed BUMPED TWRP 2.8.1.1, you NEVER need to replace it with non-BUMPED version. It works with JB bootloader too.

Installing a new/different stock-based JB ROM (or dirty flash or clean flash existing ROM) but want to keep KK bootloader:
    Phone status: Bumped recovery, bumped kernel , KK bootloader , stock-based ROM (ie: you just did all the steps above)
    1) reboot to recovery
    2) flash stock-based JB ROM as per OP (inc wipes if necessary)
    3) flash BUMPED dorimanx 9.1 kernel BEFORE REBOOT TO SYSTEM
    4) reboot to system

Returning to JB bootloader with your current ROM:
    Phone status: Bumped recovery, Bumped kernel, KK bootloader , stock-based ROM
    1) reboot to recovery
    2) flash JB bootloader
    3) reboot to system
    You now have: bumped recovery, bumped kernel, JB bootloader, same ROM as before

Installing JB AOSP ROM (with non-bumped kernel):
    Phone status: Bumped recovery, Bumped kernel, KK bootloader , stock-based ROM
    1) reboot to recovery
    2) flash JB bootloader
    3) flash JB AOSP ROM as per OP (inc wipes if necessary)
    4) reboot to system
    You now have: bumped recovery, non-bumped kernel, JB bootloader, AOSP ROM

Installing stock-based JB ROM and go to KK bootloader from AOSP ROM:
    Phone status: Bumped recovery, non-bumped kernel , JB bootloader , ANY ROM
    1) reboot to recovery
    2) flash stock-based JB ROM as per OP (inc wipes if necessary)
    3) reboot to system
    4) install ROM, let it settle for 5 minutes
    5) reboot to recovery
    6) flash BUMPED dorimanx 9.1 kernel
    7) flash KK bootloader
    8) reboot to system

PS: thanks to vpro97 for checking and Dorimanx of course for making all this happen :)