[DISCUSSION][GUIDE][S4] Liberty MAX - Innovation is Here | Flashing Instructions

Search This thread

larrycl

Dec 28, 2009
three-dot menu

Quick stupid question: In other roms, I'm able to map a long-press of one of the buttons (eg task switcher button) to 'menu' in order to open the menu when the three-dot soft button is not displayed. Can't figure out how to do that in this rom. Is this possible?

dd98

May 19, 2013
Quick stupid question: In other roms, I'm able to map a long-press of one of the buttons (eg task switcher button) to 'menu' in order to open the menu when the three-dot soft button is not displayed. Can't figure out how to do that in this rom. Is this possible?

I have been missing that myself I think they forgot about it

rosswhite

May 10, 2011

I have been missing that myself I think they forgot about it

Grorg mentioned in the Liberty dev thread that you can use Xposed Framework and Gravity Box module to re-map the buttons for Liberty rom. You can thank him here.

Reactions: dd98

mosi-comp

Dec 1, 2013
I've installed v6b (merged by @grorg) and it's appropriate for daily use.
I had serious in-call sound quality with Sense 5 ROMs (MaximusHD, SourcE,....) but in-call sound quallity in this ROM is crystal clear even better than 4.1.1 stock :D
Great Rom. Thanks Devs.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Rookie Question:
How can I add a keyboard apk to Sense and activate it?

I have keyboard apk file (IMEXT9Farsi.apk) from HTC One M7 (JB 4.3 Sense 5.5) and copied it to system/app folder and nothing happened!!!!
Did I forget something? OR is it theoretically possible?

Last edited:

dd98

May 19, 2013
I've installed v6b (merged by @grorg) and it's appropriate for daily use.
I had serious in-call sound quality with Sense 5 ROMs (MaximusHD, SourcE,....) but in-call sound quallity in this ROM is crystal clear even better than 4.1.1 stock :D
Great Rom. Thanks Devs.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Rookie Question:
How can I add a keyboard apk to Sense and activate it?

I have keyboard apk file (IMEXT9Farsi.apk) from HTC One M7 (JB 4.3 Sense 5.5) and copied it to system/app folder and nothing happened!!!!
Did I forget something? OR is it theoretically possible?

you could try adding it from maximus

MC_Ohr

Jan 23, 2009
Did you set the rights to rw-r-r ?
And a reboot has to be done.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One S mit Tapatalk

?jonas!

Dec 17, 2013
Munich
Even when there is EDGE avaible my One S connects to GRPS. (3G/HSPA working)
I've already tried the 1.35 Radio without success.
Is this a configuration issue ?

rami_roz

May 5, 2010
Bluetooth issue with v7a

Hi Bilal,

Very good Rom:good:.
I installed v7a today, it works good but since then no voice in Bluetooth hands-free.
I tried with both 1.35 and 1.20 radio's.

Revert to v6b solved the issue.

Can it be related to the fact that v7a is 300MB bigger?

Another issue is with radio 1.35 - a lot of calls disconnects, happens in certain geographical areas.

Thanks Rami

onesvip

I personally don't like liberty or viper Rom, they just mess up my phone. I request to the dev please stop waisting time. We don't want anymore Roms. Thanks

Guy, what's going wrong with you? A custom Rom is the best thing that could happen to our phone! And why do they mess up your phone?
I'm so glad that there aren't many people like you. What would we do then, without good, new custom roms?
And why do you post this exactly here?

dd98

May 19, 2013
I personally don't like liberty or viper Rom, they just mess up my phone. I request to the dev please stop waisting time. We don't want anymore Roms. Thanks

So your basically saying that you DO NOT want Sense 6 and Kitkat, it's your choice to use these ROMs and as far as I know the developer of Liberty ROM and Viper 3.1.3 has exams and will not return to developing until June so please be grateful to these developers as they have brought life into our HTC One S so if you think that you can do better then try porting Sense 6 to our device

Reactions: onesvip

circuit1

Apr 24, 2014
So your basically saying that you DO NOT want Sense 6 and Kitkat, it's your choice to use these ROMs and as far as I know the developer of Liberty ROM and Viper 3.1.3 has exams and will not return to developing until June so please be grateful to these developers as they have brought life into our HTC One S so if you think that you can do better then try porting Sense 6 to our device

I read many guides and tried but it's very hard. I don't know how to make zip.

Last edited:

DaRk_PoPoM

Feb 15, 2011
Nice
I think it has something to do with the modules in the kernel

Hi,

I've also noticed that sometimes data connection hangs on "3G" icon and there's no connection util I turn off mobile network. When I turn it back on it works again (I can get the "H" icon and everything works)

Doest anyone know if there's a kernel with fastcharge enabled for this rom? Or how can I modify the liberty kernel to add fastcharge support?

Last edited:

Gbetoyan

Sep 17, 2013
Lagos
can't switch to 3g only

hi, i have the htc one s tmobile version, after following the instructions in installing the LIBERTY ROM 4.3 HTC SENSE 5.5, i noticed whenever i switched to wcdma only my signals turned off but work perfectly on gsm. pls what am i not doing right

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hey man!

Why don't u stop wasting time on posting this crap here :mad:

Guy, what's going wrong with you? A custom Rom is the best thing that could happen to our phone! And why do they mess up your phone?
    I'm so glad that there aren't many people like you. What would we do then, without good, new custom roms?
    And why do you post this exactly here?
    This is a general discussion thread for Liberty ROM
    Please ask any question you may have and I'll try to answer it as best I can.

Somebody asked for instructions on how to install Liberty ROM and New Firmware so here they are:

Installation of leaked firmware (HBOOT 2.16) and Liberty ROM

WARNING - This WILL wipe your SD Card so back up your files before proceeding
    Make sure HTC Sync is REMOVED and drivers are installed. Get drivers: Here

Charge your phone to AT LEAST 60% just in case

1. If you are S-OFF proceed to step 3, if not continue to step 2.
    2. If your phone is from T-Mobile (US & Germany), Telus or Boost Mobile use Moonshine S-OFF
      If you have the international model use: Facepalm S-OFF, Firewater S-OFF or Rumrunner S-OFF (Rumrunner is the easiest in my opinion)
      Note that people with the T-Mobile, Telus or BM model CAN use Facepalm, Firewater and Rumrunner as well but international users CANNOT use Moonshine
      Now use one of these methods to S-OFF (You cannot proceed if you are S-ON)
    3. Now download the new firmware: Here
    4. Extract the file to a convenient location (Like Desktop)
    5. Open the Install Package folder, press the Shift key, Right-Click while holding Shift and select Open Command Window Here
    6. If your phone is on type:
      Code:
      adb reboot oem-78
      and hit enter

If you are in the bootloader, select Fastboot and type:
      Code:
      fastboot oem rebootRUU
      and hit enter
    7. Now type:
      Code:
      fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
      and hit enter
    8. You should get a message like this: "FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)". Do not panic just type the command above again.
    9. The green bar on the screen should stop at about 80-90% but do not worry, this is normal.
    10. Now to flash the required recovery type this:
      Code:
      fastboot flash zip TWRP_2.6.1.0_ville_4.2.2.zip
      and hit enter.
    11. Now reboot into the bootloader by typing:
      Code:
      fastboot reboot-bootloader
      and hit enter.
    12. Once in the bootloader select Recovery
    13. When you are in recovery go to Advanced then ADB Sideload
    14. Now you download the ROM: Here. (Latest release is V3)
    15. Now place LIBERTY-S4-Vx.zip into the Install Package folder (The x represents version number, e.g V4
    16. Now open a new command window by holding Shift and Right-Click at the same time and selecting Open Command Window Here
    17. Next you must type:
      Code:
      adb sideload LIBERTY-S4-V3.zip
      and hit enter.
    18. Make sure the screen is on when the sideload is almost 100% complete as TWRP freezes for some reason.
    19. Now follow the instructions in the installer, make sure you select Wipe Data during installation and Reboot when the installation process is finished.
    20. Finished :)
    What differences from a 4.2.2 rom? Better smoothness? Someone try it?

so far version 4 is slightly less laggier than v3 but not smooth enough yet and sense 5.5 has new blinkfeed features and some interface tweaks in various apps
    max

hey folks !! just wondering is this ROM stable and good for daily use ?? is there any known bugs or stutter lags ?? and most importantly .. is it smooth ?

i'm currently on Maximus HD 10.1 feeling like flashing this .. need advice , thanx in advance !

i can confirm that this rom is stable and can be used as daily driver enjoy ,
    and don't forget xposed mods will add a lot of tweaks as well