HTC Homeplug Weather fix - get your LOCAL weather! [New universal patch uploaded!]

Search This thread

parn74

Feb 2, 2008
I have patched the HTChome.dll for my Xda orbit 2 by using the instructions posted here. Using the "Kaiser.dll" for the Xda orbit 2 disables the function of the scroll wheel in the homescreen.

If anybody is interested in the "Orbit2.dll", here is the .cab file (I haven´t tested it on the TC, but I guess, it should work on it too).

Best regards

Lars

i'd like to try it on my orbit2, but zip seems to be corrupted;
btw: i failed, when lokked for the url
http://htc.accuweather.com/widget/htc/forecast-data_v3.asp?ac=TR2cra9U&locCode=
inside htchome.dll.

did i miss something:confused:

best regards
parn

mark.peters

Apr 7, 2004
Cornwall
Can report that your auto-patcher works exactly as you said it would with the latest Black & Blue v5 HTC Artemis (WM v6.1) Rom from Tom Codon that's posted in the Artemis section.

Only problem was that although I copied the file across from PDA to desktop computer, I couldn't see it anywhere and after a bit of head-scratching realised that it had quite a few attributes set that had to be changed :)

Thanks for a great 'patch' !

Cheers

Mark

P.S. Have attached the newly patched HTCHome.dll file for any other user that want it. Remember though - it's only for HTC Artemis / Black & Blue v5 ROM by Tom Codon.

parn74

Feb 2, 2008
Hello

patched now successfully with N2A-Pacher.
needed to copy htchome.dll into tools directory.
patch gave me an error due to the first copy-Command but created cab-file.

cab-File worked as expected.

Now i get weather of my home town.

THANK YOU for providing tool and server.

N2A

Hello

patched now successfully with N2A-Pacher.
needed to copy htchome.dll into tools directory.
patch gave me an error due to the first copy-Command but created cab-file.

cab-File worked as expected.

Now i get weather of my home town.

THANK YOU for providing tool and server.

Copying htchome.dll into the tools directory shouldn't work! I'm sure I put things in to stop it working unless it's in the right folder... *boggles*

zoomy942

Jun 5, 2007
so, i have been using this for a while and i came back to this thread and now something is being deactivated on your server? you had said that our phones wouldnt work with the weather anymore.. but mine still works fine... am i missing something?

Bruincdc

Jan 22, 2008
ok...im trying this with a Kaiser/TyTnII, Dutty's V4rtm ROM......tried to use the patcher, it gave me the report that the dll file was already patched....so i did the XML edit and put it back on my phone and now i cant even get any city to refresh. Any ideas? I have read many replies here....didnt see any for Dutty's rom's.

Thanks in advance.

pgee

Jan 31, 2008
GPRS problem WM5

Got this line from weather.not2advanced.com about de HTC Home plug in:

'There is also a version for WM5 below, but this doesn't seem to update over GPRS - if someone can provide one that does, I'll happily patch that too.'

Has anyone found a solution yet for this GPRS-problem??

Peter

N2A

'There is also a version for WM5 below, but this doesn't seem to update over GPRS - if someone can provide one that does, I'll happily patch that too.'

Peter

It was noted a couple of pages ago that it's specific to WM5 AKU 2.2 - AKU 2.3 works properly. If you can get a WM5 update, you might be in luck. But it's something internal to WM5 AKU 2.2.

zoomy942

Jun 5, 2007
Hey there N2A..

i love the app, you already know that but i have something to report for everyone. Myself and may others have confirmed a large memory leak with HTC Home and Windows Mobile 6.1. I have been trying to isolate it, but with no luck so far.

chaznet

Apr 26, 2006
The plugin is great -- but how can I re-hook-up the HTC Media Manager with the Today screen plugin? It now works with WMP -- not a big deal, but I prefer HTC-MM for use with the Today screen. Registry entry...?

edsub

Retired Moderator
May 25, 2004

Peter

In addition on N2A's remark:
The WM5 version will NOT update over GPRS/3G, unless you are using an AKU3.3 ROM. WM5 Weather update over GPRS has been proven with Wizard AKU3.3 (like the T-Mobile or WM5SEr5). Other devices/ROM's still to be confirmed.

I changed that in the initial post.

pgee

Jan 31, 2008
AKU 2.3 or 3.3

Thanks for the advise,

I searched for WM5 AKU 2.3 or 3.3 on this forum and with google but it is hard tot find. Can anybody help? My Wizard is a Dutch version.

Pgee

N2A

Hey there N2A..

i love the app, you already know that but i have something to report for everyone. Myself and may others have confirmed a large memory leak with HTC Home and Windows Mobile 6.1. I have been trying to isolate it, but with no luck so far.

Eek! That's not good. Unfortunately, of course, there's not a lot I can do about it, I just hack the DLLs that come my way. Here's hoping we get a new version about that doesn't have the leak!

zoomy942

Jun 5, 2007
Eek! That's not good. Unfortunately, of course, there's not a lot I can do about it, I just hack the DLLs that come my way. Here's hoping we get a new version about that doesn't have the leak!

its a shame my friend. i love htc home. oh well, here's to hoping for a newer version eventually! :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just tried the schen n2a patched .cab .
    htc home is there (although it starts a bit slower) but
    i cannot choose a city in the list (there are no entrys, it is empty)

also, there are so many files attached in your first post,
    but there are only two ways described. one of these cabs or what is called pocket hosts method.
    i didnt like both, but then used the kaiser withough brightness fix (for what? brightness? what needs to be fixed?)
    i was afraid, because there is no description how you can go back to the original htc home plugin, if those custom ones woudlnt work.

eg: what are those HTCHome dlls
    or the weathertranslator.zip
    for ?

ritterkeks

As I described on the first post, the weathertranslator.zip is the server code which translates the accuweather data - most users don't need it. If you have a kaiser, you don't need the brightness patch. If you have another device, you probably do need the brightness patch. It's one of the buttons on the Launcher. And if you've already got a HTC Home plugin installed in ROM, you just need to remove the new one and it'll revert.

I thought I quite clearly described it to be honest, and pretty much everything is covered over the posts. I'll see about creating a Wiki entry about all this.
    I installed the Kaiser DLL patch on my tilt and now after the reboot it goes to owner information screen then goes black. Then green and blue lights at the top flash but I can't get it to do anything. If I reset it, I have the same result.

I was able to enter bootloader and reflash the rom. Held down camera button and used the stylus to push the little reset button next to usb port. Then ran rom updater as normal

Same issue here flashed twice already.

Hope there's a fix