Im Finally Back! With some big annoucements!

Search This thread

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
I've been watching that video about "Something BIG is coming" in low quality... I just realized what that curved line was!!!!
nexus-prime-mockup.jpg

This is BIG!

What's the 3 dots on the side? magnetic charger?

Android 4.0!!!! no physical buttons, they're software driven!

Samsung flexible OLED display... Whatcha know about this John?

Last edited:

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
... The nexus prime is BIG, but it's not a combination on it's own.

Maybe the combination is as stated... Google + Samsung?

I wonder, will Samsung release a Lapdock?

Will you have the option of running Android or WP7? That would be less then perfect... lol.

Oh man... it could be anything..... Maybe the flexible screen is removable? That's just crazy though... or is it?

What are those 3 dots on the side? That thing is obscenely slim.

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
As from my time around Samsung devices I would have to say the following 3 have contributed more to a wide array of Samsung products. Therefore would benefit the most from this, for themselves and for us run of the mill users. And those 3 are supercurio, adamoutler, and chainfirexda

bmunday

Feb 13, 2008
My Candidates......

"... from my time around Samsung devices I would have to say the following 3 have contributed more to a wide array of Samsung products. Therefore would benefit the most from this, for themselves and for us run of the mill users. And those 3 are supercurio, adamoutler, and chainfirexda."

(Adam)::::: after all- "1" spot should be hardware devs only! Just purest hardware devs. If Samsung wants to "TAKE" cleanliness and "TAKE" bringing in a new generation of easy to support super-enthusiasts; a good ratio super-enthusiasts vs super fanboys---. i.e., Make yourselves the 'goto' ala Nokia: Should be employed. for knowing and orchestrating more than anybody did.

(supercurio)::: for knowing more than Samsung did ,and creating, a more then iAnyThing excellence.....Should be employed.

(chainfire):::::: for doing way "Mowar" than any carrier did. Many times over. Should be employed. Extends a devices' competitiveness beyond other devices.

As a Samsung user, these people are my current follows. (used to be Da_G).

Last edited:
E

ECOTOX

i agree...as much as I'd love to go as a learning experience I cant say I even qualify close to as much as

supercurio, adamoutler, and chainfire

They deserve to go.....they have more than earned their right

alisabki

Dec 28, 2010
Kota Bharu
Google Pixel 2
"... from my time around Samsung devices I would have to say the following 3 have contributed more to a wide array of Samsung products. Therefore would benefit the most from this, for themselves and for us run of the mill users. And those 3 are supercurio, adamoutler, and chainfirexda."

(Adam)::::: after all- "1" spot should be hardware devs only! Just purest hardware devs. If Samsung wants to "TAKE" cleanliness and "TAKE" bringing in a new generation of easy to support super-enthusiasts; a good ratio super-enthusiasts vs super fanboys---. i.e., Make yourselves the 'goto' ala Nokia: Should be employed. for knowing and orchestrating more than anybody did.

(supercurio)::: for knowing more than Samsung did ,and creating, a more then iAnyThing excellence.....Should be employed.

(chainfire):::::: for doing way "Mowar" than any carrier did. Many times over. Should be employed. Extends a devices' competitiveness beyond other devices.

As a Samsung user, these people are my current follows. (used to be Da_G).
+1. Good Luck!

Reactions: AdamOutler

pizz0wn3d

Dec 27, 2010
Summerville, SC
Give these guys nexusese too

Adam gets the phone, no software on it.

Chainfire gets the ICS sources.

Supercurio gets the kernel sources.

If they can get the sources compiled and flashed onto the phone in time, they all get a Nexus Prime.

There you go Samsung. I just invented the greatest marketing ploy ever. Now you have to give me a nexus prime as well.

Herp derp Captivate XDA Premium.

Toss3

May 13, 2008
Stockholm
Chainfire, Adam and SuperCurio, fo sho! Can't imagine using my brand new Nexus Prime and ICS without Chainfire 3D, unbrickable and voodoo. ;)

Reactions: AdamOutler

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please allow me to go. I would be able to learn the most from this presentation and I would be able to provide valuable feedback. I would ensure that I relay as much as possible to members of this site as well.

It is important that I attend this conference as I have a lot of time invested in Samsung research and development. This conference has potential to tie up a lot of loose ends, answer my current questions and springboard me onto other open source projects.

From what I have seen, something big would be announced. With my background in hardware and software, I feel I could help others understand more then most. If someone less knowledgeable were sent, the finer points may be lost in the sauce.

A lot of top brass from Samsung will be there... engineers and developers which I may never have a chance to meet again. These people have information which I need, like Exynos processor technologies and OMAP signal descriptions. If they do not have the information, these are the people who would know where to find it. When I get this info, XDA wins with documentation and new recovery/hacking techniques... I've already uncovered a lot with UBM, UART Root and others... All of this has taken months to research. Can you imagine my joy if I had a chance to sit down with a Samsung engineer and get easy answers?

Please pick me to go out to this conference. I've hacked more Samsung devices then most people on this site. I've published the knowledge I've gained about my projects on this site. If you send me, you can be sure that I will relay any knowledge gained to this site.

It would be an honor to be selected for this and I feel I could learn a lot.
    Hello friends at XDA, I haven’t forgot about you. In fact, I want to invite three of you guys for free to our very own conference...SAMSUNG DEVELOPER CONFERENCE!” Svetius is in charge of selecting the three that will attend.

“The Journey Has Already Begun” – Converging TV, tablet computers, and mobile phones to create a “take anywhere” digital world for customers.

Time: Tuesday, November 8 8:00AM-8:00PM
    Event Link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=160009317422522

More big announcements to come :)

Follow me on Twitter: @SamsungJohn

Special thanks to: Captainkrtek & Egzthunder
    My Vote

Adam Outler ( unbiased also ;) )

Chainfire

Supercurio

:D
    Welcome (back) John. Glad to see you here again after our private chats :)

I would of course also hope to be one of those three selected (due to being a vocal Samsung supporter since the Omnia and most of my developments being focused on Samsung hardware for years now) - but I guess that goes for pretty much everyone :)

P.S. I do have an XDA t-shirt I could wear ;)
    IMO you guys should send Chainfire (King of Software Modding) , AdamOutler (King of Hardware Modding) & Supercurio (King of Voodoo). :)