Phone just shut off. Restarted, shut off again.

Search This thread

Oathdynasty

May 25, 2011
Madison
Just sittin' there, minding my own business when my phone shuts off. It won't boot again, so I pulled the battery, and booted it up. It worked, said 68% battery, so I put it on the charger for the hell of it, and it turned off again about a minute later. It wouldn't boot again, so I held Volume up, down, and power - it vibrated 5 times (I think), and the green LED came on. I'm about to pull the battery and reboot again, if that doesn't work, got any suggestions?

PS. When I was charging it, the red LED didn't come on.

G

GuestK007

Just sittin' there, minding my own business when my phone shuts off. It won't boot again, so I pulled the battery, and booted it up. It worked, said 68% battery, so I put it on the charger for the hell of it, and it turned off again about a minute later. It wouldn't boot again, so I held Volume up, down, and power - it vibrated 5 times (I think), and the green LED came on. I'm about to pull the battery and reboot again, if that doesn't work, got any suggestions?

PS. When I was charging it, the red LED didn't come on.

my first step would be clean the usb connector, clean the battery terminals and connectors on the phone. get the simple stuff out of the way first.

Oathdynasty

May 25, 2011
Madison
my first step would be clean the usb connector, clean the battery terminals and connectors on the phone. get the simple stuff out of the way first.

How do I clean it? I did canned air into where my battery goes in... is that enough? And I was thinking about wiping everything and reloading CM7... would that possibly help?

G

GuestK007

q-tip with very small amount of alcohol. dry it quickly. canned air is good, get the usb connector too. a full wipe wouldnt be a bad idea