Galaxy Mega Sim Card Problem

Search This thread

d4ndr0id

Aug 12, 2012
I have a sgh-i527m (Bell) which got unlocked. I tried a few custom roms but went back to this stock rom since I wanted full functionability.

Periodically, I would get the "no sim card" error. A simple reboot or re-insertion of the sim card usually fixed this issue but earlier today, It just clunked randomly and no matter what I tried, I could not get my sim to work (Fido). I even went to Fido and got a new SIM, since my sim was so old it wasn't even the LTE sim. And still no luck.

I even tried using the scotch tape Nexus fix, still nothing.

I tried re-flashing stock rom, no luck. Going to try a nandroid backup.

Also, my friend's SIM works fine, which is Rogers but my Fido sim won't work yet my Sim works fine in his phone (unlocked i9500). Ironic, because Fido uses the Rogers network..it makes no sense.

Somebody shed some light please?

AgentVanThomas

Jul 28, 2012
Oppo Reno 5 Pro 5G
Have you tried flashing a different Baseband to see if it improved? I have heard issues that on some networks with Kitkat the software has trouble switching between 2g, 3g and LTE and this causes the sim error because of registration issues on the network.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

d4ndr0id

Aug 12, 2012
Have you tried flashing a different Baseband to see if it improved? I have heard issues that on some networks with Kitkat the software has trouble switching between 2g, 3g and LTE and this causes the sim error because of registration issues on the network.

I never had the sim error on kitkat though, only stock rom.

Anyway i think i figured out the problem. My simtray is broken, pins pushed all the way in.

AgentVanThomas

Jul 28, 2012
Oppo Reno 5 Pro 5G
Bad luck buddy that happens far to easily......you would of thought they would of developed a better system that didn't break so easily!

d4ndr0id

Aug 12, 2012
Yeah, and the simtray is just under the mem card slot. Its one unit, samsung cheaped out on that.

I ordered the part, will solder it. Will update when its complete

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts