[SOLVED] Disable KitKat translucent status bar

Search This thread

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Hi, I would like to disable KitKat translucent statusbar, to leave it like Jelly Bean.

Thank you.

That's one of the more desirable features for most, but can't please em all. ;) But without knowing what phone you have, what update it's on, if you have a custom rom or recovery, etc, there won't be a way to even point you in the right direction. There isn't a generic setting to just switch on or off to change this feature as it is themed in the SystemUi.apk and / or framework stuff, depending on what you have.

Reactions: MlucianoEze

MlucianoEze

Mar 22, 2013
Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
That's one of the more desirable features for most, but can't please em all. ;) But without knowing what phone you have, what update it's on, if you have a custom rom or recovery, etc, there won't be a way to even point you in the right direction. There isn't a generic setting to just switch on or off to change this feature as it is themed in the SystemUi.apk and / or framework stuff, depending on what you have.

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII SGH-i777 with CM11 (unofficial) and CWM 6.0.4.7.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
I have a Samsung Galaxy SII SGH-i777 with CM11 (unofficial) and CWM 6.0.4.7.

Well, then that should be fairly easy, as it has the Theme Chooser built in. There are hundreds of themes that will work on that, including ones for CM10, and many have solid status bars. Another option, if you don't want to theme anything else would be using something like this:

http://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/app-gravitybox-v2-9-1-tweak-box-android-t2316070

It needs the Xposed Framework:

http://xdaforums.com/xposed/framework-xposed-rom-modding-modifying-t1574401

Keep in mind, using ART instead of Dalvik runtime will cause Xposed not to work properly.

Reactions: MlucianoEze

MlucianoEze

Mar 22, 2013
Well, then that should be fairly easy, as it has the Theme Chooser built in. There are hundreds of themes that will work on that, including ones for CM10, and many have solid status bars. Another option, if you don't want to theme anything else would be using something like this:

http://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/app-gravitybox-v2-9-1-tweak-box-android-t2316070

It needs the Xposed Framework:

http://xdaforums.com/xposed/framework-xposed-rom-modding-modifying-t1574401

Keep in mind, using ART instead of Dalvik runtime will cause Xposed not to work properly.

Thank you for the info, I will try it. I wrote this thread because there is a theme that didn't show properly because of the status bar.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Ok, after you install Xposed, you have to install Gravity Box (KK). You can download from inside the Xposed Framework under Downloads. Once you have the framework and GB installed, you need to make sure under Modules that GB (KK) is switched on, then reboot. After you reboot, everything will be activated and you can go into the Gravity Box interface and under Status Bar Tweaks > Statusbar colors > You can click to enable and set your colors.

There are lots of other cool tweaks that GB has too. Not all of them are compatible with every set up, so make sure you remember what you are trying to enable, so you can disable if it doesn't work the way you are looking for.

If you want to disable GB, if it does not fit your needs, then you can just uninstall the app and reboot, or just uncheck the box in the Modules section of Xposed in case you want to try it again later.

If that doesn't work, there are some other modules that might, like the Xblast one (also in the Download repo for Xposed).

MlucianoEze

Mar 22, 2013
Ok, after you install Xposed, you have to install Gravity Box (KK). You can download from inside the Xposed Framework under Downloads. Once you have the framework and GB installed, you need to make sure under Modules that GB (KK) is switched on, then reboot. After you reboot, everything will be activated and you can go into the Gravity Box interface and under Status Bar Tweaks > Statusbar colors > You can click to enable and set your colors.

There are lots of other cool tweaks that GB has too. Not all of them are compatible with every set up, so make sure you remember what you are trying to enable, so you can disable if it doesn't work the way you are looking for.

If you want to disable GB, if it does not fit your needs, then you can just uninstall the app and reboot, or just uncheck the box in the Modules section of Xposed in case you want to try it again later.

If that doesn't work, there are some other modules that might, like the Xblast one (also in the Download repo for Xposed).

I did that, but just the icon color changes, but the statusbar is still translucent.

MlucianoEze

Mar 22, 2013
You see?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398012206979.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398012206979.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 242
  • uploadfromtaptalk1398012214502.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398012214502.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 231

Lucia12

May 26, 2018
Hi! Is there a way to disable the traslucent status bar on android 6.0.1 (samsung galaxy s6 edge), the black bar was soooo useful to me, I don't want to install any theme, thanks!!

Top Liked Posts