[Q] Remove the google search bar [cm11 m9]

Search This thread

bynarie

Aug 2, 2013
Hilliard OH
OnePlus 7T
Hi guys. A while back, some version of cm11, had the ability to disable the google search bar. Last night I did a complete wipe of my phone and reinstalled cm11 m9. Now the setting does not appear to be there anywhere. I have looked in the settings area and i cannot find it. I seen a post somewhere that said to disable the google search app and I did. It did take the bar away but there is still a big gap from the top of the screen to where the icons are, as if the bar is still there, just invisible. If anyone has an idea, please let me know! Thanks all.

bynarie

Aug 2, 2013
Hilliard OH
OnePlus 7T
Are you using the Google launcher or cm11s (trebuchet)?

I honestly dont know. Basically I installed CM and left it at that. So whatever is default for cm i havent changed it. If this is something i need to install let me know about where i can download it at. thanks for your reply. im just confused because used to be automatically a trebuchet settings in the settings page. Now there is not. Thank you

bynarie

Aug 2, 2013
Hilliard OH
OnePlus 7T
Apparently im using trebuchet because i tried to update, then the app crashed. Rebooted, and uninstalled trebuchet. Then was left with a blank screen. Rebooted, stuck in boot loop. So i restored nandroid backup and now im back to square 0. LoL

opellate

Aug 31, 2014
Answer

Apparently im using trebuchet because i tried to update, then the app crashed. Rebooted, and uninstalled trebuchet. Then was left with a blank screen. Rebooted, stuck in boot loop. So i restored nandroid backup and now im back to square 0. LoL

Hey don't know if you're still struggling with this but I stumbled on the answer. I had the same issue with a Nexus 7 I cleaned out and re-imaged with CM11. The setting used to be in some sub-menu of the settings panel. Now I could not find it. Looked and looked. Found in the home settings choices. Not sure that's the right name. But anyways...when you are on your home screen, if you long press in a blank area or you press the menu button below the screen if you have one, you get that grayish bar at the bottom with choices for Wallpaper, widgets and themes.
Just at the top of the gray area are three dots in a triangle. You tap those dots and the screen expands to show a bucn of toggles. Near the top is "Search Bar". Tap to togge off and it's gone! Could not embed images in post because new user but here's the screenshots.

Code:
i.imgur.com/P3sMeb2.png
i.imgur.com/gAJPy8m.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Answer

Hey don't know if you're still struggling with this but I stumbled on the answer. I had the same issue with a Nexus 7 I cleaned out and re-imaged with CM11. The setting used to be in some sub-menu of the settings panel. Now I could not find it. Looked and looked. Found in the home settings choices. Not sure that's the right name. But anyways...when you are on your home screen, if you long press in a blank area or you press the menu button below the screen if you have one, you get that grayish bar at the bottom with choices for Wallpaper, widgets and themes.
    Just at the top of the gray area are three dots in a triangle. You tap those dots and the screen expands to show a bucn of toggles. Near the top is "Search Bar". Tap to togge off and it's gone! Could not embed images in post because new user but here's the screenshots.

Code:
    i.imgur.com/P3sMeb2.png
    i.imgur.com/gAJPy8m.png