[SKIN] (DELETED) Pip-Boy 3000 Theme for ThrottleLauncher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

monocay

Jan 30, 2009
fileshare

i tried to download the theme 3 times unsucessfully
would it be possible to upload it somewhere else?
i am eager to try this out

Last edited:

APBilbo

Aug 28, 2007
Madrid
Yes!!! Downloading now :). Can't wait to test it!! BTW, I'll upload the file to my site and provide a mirror ;).

Thanks!!

Firestrikers

Mar 3, 2009
Wulpen
Maybe this is a stupid question but does this only work on smartphones with a touchscreen or could I run it on my SGH i600 aswell?

APBilbo

Aug 28, 2007
Madrid
@Rumball

I've made some mods in order to speed up the animations and to solve some issues I've noticed when using the theme for the first time. Here you have the files and the changes I've done. Also consider removing the SavedInfo folder, the thumbs.db and the Shots folder in order to reduce the size ;). As animations are big it would be also usefull to make the path configurable for people to be able to place them in other media (though the theme will also work from SD so it's not much deal).

Thanks for the awesome work!!

CHANGELOG
=========
- Footer remove transparency None (added true default=fake)
- Contacts mode Classic (rest of them hidden as they don't work in current TL verson) scrolling default =Kinetic
- Programs don't show favorites separator if show cats
- Fix the size of the weather icons (it doesn't work on first update....)
- Tried to accelerate weather animations by hiding texts, settings the wasteland as skin backgorund (faster) and separating rows for forecast.
- Leave animation in the 10th frame.
- Optionally repeat animations
- Reduce the programs number of characters to 8 (it may produce horizontal scrolling ;) )

Maybe this is a stupid question but does this only work on smartphones with a touchscreen or could I run it on my SGH i600 aswell?

Only with touch screen... sorry :(

Attachments

• Mods.zip
    63.7 KB · Views: 107
Mar 4, 2009
@Rumball

I've made some mods in order to speed up the animations and to solve some issues I've noticed when using the theme for the first time. Here you have the files and the changes I've done. Also consider removing the SavedInfo folder, the thumbs.db and the Shots folder in order to reduce the size ;). As animations are big it would be also usefull to make the path configurable for people to be able to place them in other media (though the theme will also work from SD so it's not much deal).

CHANGELOG
=========
- Contacts mode Classic (rest of them hidden as they don't work in current TL verson) scrolling default =Kinetic
- Tried to accelerate weather animations by hiding texts, settings the wasteland as skin backgorund (faster) and separating rows for forecast.
- Reduce the programs number of characters to 8 (it may produce horizontal scrolling ;) )

Nerver mind... I found everything I think.

Last edited:

Rumball

Aug 30, 2007
Toronto
@Rumball

CHANGELOG
=========

Thanks APBilbo for these great mods. I've incorporated them, along with your recommendation to split the weather animations out of the theme. The new version 1.1 of the Pipboy Theme can now be downloaded from the first post.

I've also added a few additional notes in order to explain some of the features a bit better.

Enjoy! And thanks again APBilbo for the great ThrottleLauncher application! :D

theelite

Aug 12, 2007
ahh would love to keep running this theme but it make my Vogue slow to a crawl and I have various lockups. Throttlelauncher has always been sluggish for me, so I guess it's just the way it is, props for making a great looking theme though.

Rumball

Aug 30, 2007
Toronto
ahh would love to keep running this theme but it make my Vogue slow to a crawl and I have various lockups. Throttlelauncher has always been sluggish for me, so I guess it's just the way it is, props for making a great looking theme though.

You should post your throttletoday.txt and throttletoday2.txt files (found in the ThrottleLauncher installation directory). It could be something simple.

theelite

Aug 12, 2007
Here ya go, dunno if they show anything unusual.
The TouchFLO 3d theme runs slightly faster I think. My main issue for instance if I try to use the start menu, my phone will highlight it and then lockup, or I have loading issues starting up with throttletoday enabled as a today plugin.

Attachments

• throttletoday.txt
    14.7 KB · Views: 20
  • throttletoday2.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 9

APBilbo

Aug 28, 2007
Madrid
Here ya go, dunno if they show anything unusual.
The TouchFLO 3d theme runs slightly faster I think. My main issue for instance if I try to use the start menu, my phone will highlight it and then lockup, or I have loading issues starting up with throttletoday enabled as a today plugin.

May be related with the fullscreen mode (in 0.9.7 it has some issues)... Have you tried disabling it? Anyway next TL release will be lot more fast and will have solved the full screen issues ;) .

Vid looks insane. Praying for a VGA version.

Good work mate :)

You may be wanna give this tools a try in order to transform the theme to VGA ;).

http://www.throttlelauncher.com/portal/news/1-latest-news/117-throttle-qvga-to-vga-tool

(rumball, sorry for the hijack...)

Mar 4, 2009
Need some help

I love this skin, but I can't seem to get it to work as it should on my phone. I have a Samsung i910 Omnio.

My 'Home' screen is smashed. Lines are overlapping. I have the screen set to full in the config. Also, I don't have the background image like what is shown in the pics on page 1 of the thread. Here are my Throttletoday files. Can someone please check these out and let me know what I need to do to get this working. Let me know if you need anymore info.

Attachments

• throttletoday.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 5
  • throttletoday2.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 0

Rumball

Aug 30, 2007
Toronto
I love this skin, but I can't seem to get it to work as it should on my phone. I have a Samsung i910 Omnio.

My 'Home' screen is smashed. Lines are overlapping. I have the screen set to full in the config. Also, I don't have the background image like what is shown in the pics on page 1 of the thread. Here are my Throttletoday files. Can someone please check these out and let me know what I need to do to get this working. Let me know if you need anymore info.

In order to get the background image you need to use the pipboy.tsk file included in the first post and select it as your today screen theme.

As for your throttletoday.txt files I took a quick look and noticed that you haven't configured the stock page (it is trying to load a bunch of icons that don't exist). This may be causing a bit of a slow down. You may want to configure the stock tab by adding atleast one stock...(sorry).

As for not displaying correctly on the Omnia...sorry I'm not sure what could be causing this. I'll give the theme a try on a WQVGA simulator.

Mar 4, 2009
In order to get the background image you need to use the pipboy.tsk file included in the first post and select it as your today screen theme.

As for your throttletoday.txt files I took a quick look and noticed that you haven't configured the stock page (it is trying to load a bunch of icons that don't exist). This may be causing a bit of a slow down. You may want to configure the stock tab by adding atleast one stock...(sorry).

As for not displaying correctly on the Omnia...sorry I'm not sure what could be causing this. I'll give the theme a try on a WQVGA simulator.

I will try all that out. I put the .tsk file in 'My Documents', and chose it as a theme but all it did was make the top and bottom bar grey and the background image is a gradient blue fade.

I continue to try and tweak it tonight.

EDIT** Well I changed it so that it wasn't using Weather Panel and then the weather section started working correctly. I will have to try to figure out what I did wrong with the setup of that.

Also after looking at the Home screen and some of the image files... I think (no programmer though) that the image that has the top and and bottom brackets might just be too short for how tall the screen is. I think, with permission of course, I will adjust the height of that PNG file and see if that fixes my issue.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.