Phone shuts off!! Automatically!!

Search This thread

aco47

Oct 5, 2008
I guess a good way to find out if it's lag is to see if adb is still working.
Had it yesterday myself, once during charging. Then the powerbutton did work. Hour later I had to pull the battery. Wanted to advanced but forgot to leave USB debugging on. Had it so far only with my replaced unit. The first few days with the original unit didn't show signs of this...
Have to say my first unit wasn't rooted until the day they swapped it. The one I have now has been rooted since day one.

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

So You have already swapped your LGOX2 at the dealer or what??

aco47

Oct 5, 2008
This thread is growing...

Hi all LGOX2 owners,
I had no idea this thread would come to this when i first posted the issue in #1.
I must say i have not experienced the problem since i posted it, but I did talk to LG customer support the other day. The Guy I talked to (offive type service clerk) had not heard of this yet and didn't seam to make a case out of it. Badly. He just requested me to get the phone swapped for a new unit. I will give it some more days before I make up me mind. But of course, if it happened twice, the it will most likely appear again sooner or later.

ULJ

Jun 6, 2009
No reboot problems here at all. Got my O2X yesterday but have been using it every since :D

Naadi900

Jan 11, 2010
Utrecht
Just had another hang while on the charger. Was just on the charger for maybe 20/30 minutes. Phone was half under the blanket accidentally and very warm... so maybe this was a problem caused by overheating.

Novek

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2008
Tønsberg
I had two or three random reboots yesterday, after first charge. Phone is rooted, but haven't removed anything that would cause fc...

today I haven't had any reboots, but can't be sure it won't occur again...

but I think it's just a random sw bug, if it was the hardware, or related to the battery or connectors it would act a little different I think....

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

jwedda

Jul 12, 2010
Just another response otherwise it looks like the 2X is bad all over.. ;-))

Had my phone now for 10 days, rooted 30 mins after unboxing.

No reboots yet, but car home and f-secure frozen with TB.. ( as well as the live wallpapers, LG Home and a few others )

Phone is working beautifully.. call quality is suprisingly good.. Skype via 3G/H and wifi is perfect.

((( And OT Only thing that bugs me is the hdmi out.. tried it yesterday but seems like it's showing 480x800 on my 1080P television. Lots of jagged edges when showing recorded 3gp files taped in 1080P. Haven't tried lower bitrate 1080P stuff yet )))

bryant_16

May 3, 2007
That's bad. Hopefully the majority of 2x users are fine.

Certainly I would have to think twice before getting it.

ULJ

Jun 6, 2009
Well, the amount of phones that are produced are huge so there will always be some that are affected by faults/errors - mostly hardware. Take the Nexus One/HTC Desire with the faulty power button, same goes for the Nokia N8. Apple with yellow bubbles behind the screen. All manufacturers produces phones with faults - thats just how it is.

My O2X functions perfectly - both hardware and software wise.

Naadi900

Jan 11, 2010
Utrecht
Crap, just now had a reboot while charging...
left it on the charger, started up. 5 minutes later the phone is frozen, no ADB available, only way to bring back to life is by pulling the battery.. Gonna call with LG about this..

maedox

Nov 14, 2008
Oslo
You are all reporting issues, but none of you have said anything about software version numbers, baseband version etc. Don't you think that is essential for other reading this thread?

Naadi900

Jan 11, 2010
Utrecht
You are all reporting issues, but none of you have said anything about software version numbers, baseband version etc. Don't you think that is essential for other reading this thread?

Maybe that is indeed essential.. haha.
Mine:
LG-P990
Android version: 2.2.2
Baseband version: 1035.21_20110223
Kernel 2.6.32.9
Build FRG83G
LGE Version LGP990-V10a

pandomaci

Aug 22, 2008
Just had first automatic reboot myself, after 5 days of using it without any problems. I didnt do anything with the phone, it was lying next to my keyboard and I saw sudden reboot. Its not rooted.

LG-P990
Android version: 2.2.2
Baseband version: 1035.21_20110223
Kernel 2.6.32.9
Build FRG83G
LGE Version LGP990-V10a

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Twice my phone has frozen during charge (using LG and HTC Hero charger) during the night when charging from less than 20%.

Charges from > 20% appear to have no issues.
    Charges from < 20% with wifi and mobile data off also appeared to have no issues.

Can't say I've had any random reboots. I've disabled F-Secure through the app itself (it was annoying me) and I use Launcher Pro Plus instead of that horrid LG UI.

All on a stock, unrooted ROM.

Edit: One thing I haven't mentioned is that my longer , successful overnight charges have all been ended by the phone's alarm going off in the morning. the phone has been fully charged throughout the night and woken fine like this.

Edit 2: Can all UK users with the issue visit: http://www.lg.com/uk/support/index.jsp and go on live chat. Speak to the representative and ask them to raise a "Voice of Customer" notice. This will help get the issue escalated.
    Just joined, and don't think I'll read the whole thread.
    Here is my experience :)

I have had the phone for about a month and have had few problems. I got a bit disappointed when i saw how slow and unresponsive it was, especially when installing from market. One day at work the battery was suddenly empty, turns out it was Messages going in to a crash and restart loop. and a couple of days later the whole thing crashed, wouldn't boot. Had to flash it.

After the flash I rooted it, uninstalled useless applications and widgets, installed pre-dexopt fix and haven't had a single problem yet.

2-3 days battery life, opposed to almost one day when new.
    No random reboots, not while using, not while charging.
    Excellent call quality

My phone was shipped with Euro Open Rom date 19032011. V10B I think.
    I now run Euro Open V10C, kernel 2.6.32.9 dirty, baseband 1035.21_20110405
    try these settings..

.. to ease the pain.

Check box to Stay Awake while charging (settings, applications, development).

And most importantly , you MUST disable the screen timeout completely, to NEVER timeout. You may need to download an App ( quick settings, my settings..) to allow you to do this.

Just remember to manually turn off the screen with the top button (on / off) , otherwise your battery will deplete rapidly.

I don't whether this tip is Perfect, but i haven't experienced any problems for 3 days now.

Hope it helps.

And thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post on this community. I'm sure all this information has helped many..
    In fact you ONLY need to DISABLE your Screen Timeout. It's not necessary to Check Stay Awake while charging, as once you've set your Timeout to NEVER it already does the same.

Can't believe it was something so simple. Always thought it was a AUTOMATIC Screen Timeout problem..

So come on LG ! We've discovered the problem with YOUR software, so please can you resolve this Automatic timeout issue in your next update. It can't be that difficult , now the problem has been identified.

Don't want to have to manually adjust the screen timeout forever. It is a chore.

Come on LG - you surely can fix it now !

At last a future with no more Black unresponsive screens and reboots !
    I've been emailing Quentyn Kennemer from Phandroid and he is going to get in contact with LG regarding the issue. :)

Edit: Alos: http://phandroid.com/2011/04/08/doe...oot-or-turn-itself-off-every-so-often-issues/ :)