front soft keys are gone!!

Search This thread

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
so, my front soft keys somehow disappeared, and I cant get them back; in the settings menu, there is no longer an option for them, and I have no clue how they went away...
any suggestions?

I uninstalled xposed framework, and gravity box, in case that was the issue,and have rebooted many times, but still not there..

thanks!

sweets55

May 25, 2009
Not sure if you can or if it would help but did you try another launcher? Maybe a reset but not sure if that would even work.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

will0899

Dec 2, 2011
Bakersfield
Try factory reset as your last resort. Did you mess around turning them off with xposed?

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
-tried a different launcher, and it didnt work
-re-installed xposed, and gravity box, and made sure expanded desktop was OFF, and it didnt work
-rooting had nothing to do with it, as I rooted a week ago, and everything was fine until last night

thanks so much!

Last edited:

sweets55

May 25, 2009
This is one of the reasons I've been leaving my Flex stock til we get a recovery. I know with the G2, zips were made to shrink the keys. Not sure if you could even get them back if you had a zip like that. Maybe you can search G2 threads and find a way. Sorry I can't help ya.

Reactions: wase4711

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
yeah, I even did a factory reset just now, and they are still not there; even in the settings menu, the "front screen buttons" entry is gone..
I guess I'll take it back to T-mobile today and tell them I want it replaced..its only 11 days since I got it, so it shouldnt matter..

I cant imagine rooting had anything to do with it, since I rooted a week ago, and its worked perfectly until it just went out last night

will0899

Dec 2, 2011
Bakersfield
yeah, I even did a factory reset just now, and they are still not there; even in the settings menu, the "front screen buttons" entry is gone..
I guess I'll take it back to T-mobile today and tell them I want it replaced..its only 11 days since I got it, so it shouldnt matter..

I cant imagine rooting had anything to do with it, since I rooted a week ago, and its worked perfectly until it just went out last night

Before you do that you should try restoring with wolfgart's thread downloads. If you're going to be changing stuff, its good to know how to fix a brick.

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
Before you do that you should try restoring with wolfgart's thread downloads. If you're going to be changing stuff, its good to know how to fix a brick.

good advice; but frankly, after only 11 days, I dont even want to mess around with that.
plus, I am not sure if there is even a complete restore for Tmobile version yet

Bladerunner1825us

Jan 17, 2013
Can you pull your build.prop via adb and enable the software keys like that and push it back?

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
Can you pull your build.prop via adb and enable the software keys like that and push it back?

i thought about doing that, actually, but it was alot easier to just return it and get a new one today.
If it happens again, which it better not, I will try that.
I think Gravity Box was the culprit, after reading through the 500+ pages of that thread; it seems to play havoc at times with soft keys, so users beware..

Reactions: Bladerunner1825us

will0899

Dec 2, 2011
Bakersfield
That was one of the reasons why i was debating on getting this phone. Nothing beats a physical button.(that works...)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is one of the reasons I've been leaving my Flex stock til we get a recovery. I know with the G2, zips were made to shrink the keys. Not sure if you could even get them back if you had a zip like that. Maybe you can search G2 threads and find a way. Sorry I can't help ya.

i thought about doing that, actually, but it was alot easier to just return it and get a new one today.
    If it happens again, which it better not, I will try that.
    I think Gravity Box was the culprit, after reading through the 500+ pages of that thread; it seems to play havoc at times with soft keys, so users beware..