[Q] boot loop problem on my 9005 with x note.

Search This thread

m6ceb

Jan 12, 2014
www.m6ceb.com
It's a region thing, Polish version works fine on UK devices, flash it via Odin, then you can bang on your custom recovery and install Xnote 9 :D

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ok thanks mate, so I donwload the polish kitkat version you gave me, then i get the md5 from it, flash with odin then get goo manager and install twrp recovery, then go to the xnote 9 page and download there version and wipe data (nothing else) then flash the x note rom through twrp recovery?

does that sound right? I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your help and once im all sorted I would like to give you a small donation for your troubles sir :)

I am just so scared that i will brick my phone and i have never had an android phone before and its all a bit weird lol :)

Thanks mate, i will give this all a go tonight when my son goes to bed :)

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Don't use goo for twrp, grab the KK compatible version from the twrp thread (the file is hlte.recovery.img or similar it doesn't have a numbering system on it yet, I use it also) - flash it on to your device via Odin pda slot again, takes about 10 seconds or so, download your custom rom then flash.

If you do manage to brick it'll only be a soft brick in all honesty and it'll take minutes to get out of it. - re flashing stock generally fixes all so keep that stock kk rom for the future.

You'll be alright, just notify me by using @radicalisto or if I'm not around one of the other guys here will jump in and help you :)

Reactions: m6ceb

m6ceb

Jan 12, 2014
www.m6ceb.com
Don't use goo for twrp, grab the KK compatible version from the twrp thread (the file is hlte.recovery.img or similar it doesn't have a numbering system on it yet, I use it also) - flash it on to your device via Odin pda slot again, takes about 10 seconds or so, download your custom rom then flash.

If you do manage to brick it'll only be a soft brick in all honesty and it'll take minutes to get out of it. - re flashing stock generally fixes all so keep that stock kk rom for the future.

You'll be alright, just notify me by using @radicalisto or if I'm not around one of the other guys here will jump in and help you :)

@radicalisto Hiya mate, I have managed to upgrade to kit kat OK i think and from what i can make out i dont seem to be rooted, Can i root in the same way that I did with JB? I am also stuggling with what twrp to get i cant work out if:

this is the one?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2494245

or this one?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470680

not to sure what is best to do now, x note is downloaded and just need to root and get twrp but i am a bit stuck?? sorry to be a pain mate I do appreciate your time :)

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
@radicalisto Hiya mate, I have managed to upgrade to kit kat OK i think and from what i can make out i dont seem to be rooted, Can i root in the same way that I did with JB? I am also stuggling with what twrp to get i cant work out if:

this is the one?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2494245

or this one?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470680

not to sure what is best to do now, x note is downloaded and just need to root and get twrp but i am a bit stuck?? sorry to be a pain mate I do appreciate your time :)

Use THIS custom recovery it's TWRP for Kitkat, no need to root if you're installing a custom ROM

Reactions: m6ceb

m6ceb

Jan 12, 2014
www.m6ceb.com
@radicalisto hiya mate its me again. Thanks for all your help with this thread all that time ago! I have been using xnote 10 ever since and was wanting to put xnote 18 on now but i am a little unsure how to go about it? I remeber i have the polish kit kat version so do i download xnote 18 then just flash over the top? Thanks again mate i really appreciate your time :)

M6CEB "google it"

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
@radicalisto hiya mate its me again. Thanks for all your help with this thread all that time ago! I have been using xnote 10 ever since and was wanting to put xnote 18 on now but i am a little unsure how to go about it? I remeber i have the polish kit kat version so do i download xnote 18 then just flash over the top? Thanks again mate i really appreciate your time :)

M6CEB "google it"

Hi @m6ceb - it's been a while since I've had an Note 3, so unsure if you need to upgrade your boot loader again in order to flash a more recent version. If you do (have a quick read around to be 100%) just upgrade your firmware via Odin like previously, then flash your recovery and then xnote again.

If you don't need to upgrade it, flash over it and do the usual wipes format /system wipe data and cache etc. And you should be good to go :)

m6ceb

Jan 12, 2014
www.m6ceb.com
Thanks very much. I just flashed over the top and works a treat :) cheers mate

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks very much for your help! How do I do this? I am a total noob and I really appreciate your help, thank you!! :good:

Grab your stock ROM from Sammobile (remember if your on KK you cannot go back to JB) - flash it via PDA slot in Odin and bam back to stock again :)
    Thank you so much for your help, I am downloading a rom now, Do i just need to conect my phone to pc and put zip file in PDA then press start? I dont need to wipe anything? I have a custom kernal I think that was recomended in x note setup?

Thanks again
    Matt UK

Unrar the .zip -- put the phone into download mode, open Odin, plug in the phone, load the unrar'd .MD5 file into PDA slot of odin and press start - sit back and wait
    No problem, we all started somewhere :good:
    Best thing to do is return to stock via odin, that fixes 99% of issues 100% of the time