Extended battery

Search This thread

DigiMagic

Dec 14, 2008
... is already being worked on and is expected to become available in about 2 months, replied a representative of Mugen to my inquiry.

They shared no further details - I would guess about double-triple capacity than standard battery + enlarged back cover.

Reactions: TheWeasl and mmace

Alex Atkin UK

Jan 4, 2007
I'm a bit concerned about this idea now, as it had better not cover the top of the phone as that gets REAL hot if you stick the screen on top brightness and play games, while charging.

Would not be a good idea to cover that section up with a battery, although as its basically next to the LED and cameras I doubt they would.

Not that it matters to me, I would like an extended battery but the Mugen ones are always way WAY too expensive.

francois22

May 6, 2011
Mugen 3200mAh battery

Fattafa, Mugen official announce :

LG Optimus 3D P920, 3200mAh Extended Battery
HLI-P920XL
USD 99.00
For LG Optimus 3D P920
with battery cover in Black
Li-ION 3.7V 3200mAh

This item will be in stock on or before 3 September, 2011

- 12-months Warranty
- Shipment within 7 days

DigiMagic

Dec 14, 2008
I wonder...
- LG O3D uses battery named LG FL-53HN
- LG 2X phone uses the same battery LG FL-53HN
- Mugen makes 4500 mAh replacement battery for LG 2X

... can Mugen's 4500 battery be used for O3D too?

realista87

Sep 3, 2011
marche
Redmi Note 10 Pro
i think it WORKS.
but the cover is not as thick to accept the 4500mah battery
:mad: i prefer to have 4500 instead 3200....but what can we do? NOTHING . ithink is very difficult to create a back cover.

but i have an IDEA. you can buy the 4500mah battery, and then buy the 3500mah cinese from EBAY for 7.. 8euro.

you can CUT the back cover you have with it..... and adjust for 4500 mah ( that goes out.. it's normal)

DigiMagic

Dec 14, 2008
i think it WORKS.
but the cover is not as thick to accept the 4500mah battery
:mad: i prefer to have 4500 instead 3200....but what can we do? NOTHING . ithink is very difficult to create a back cover.

but i have an IDEA. you can buy the 4500mah battery, and then buy the 3500mah cinese from EBAY for 7.. 8euro.

you can CUT the back cover you have with it..... and adjust for 4500 mah ( that goes out.. it's normal)

Actually I've already ordered the cheap chinese extended battery with extra thick cover some days ago :) ... but I'm not sure 4500 battery fits inside, from all the images it appears to be really, really thick. It seems neither Mugen, nor any resellers publish exact size in mm, so probably there is no way to be sure except trying. I could easily cut the plastic of the (extended) cover if needed, but I don't know how to fix/glue it afterwards...

Last edited:

realista87

Sep 3, 2011
marche
Redmi Note 10 Pro
the 4500 mah battery will always remain OUT OF the cover. ;)

however, can you RALLY review the 3500 battery when it arrives to u?
i would understand if it is a piece of crap with the same power of the original... of if have a real mah of about 2500 or 3000..... from the NOMINAL 3500mah

DigiMagic

Dec 14, 2008
however, can you RALLY review the 3500 battery when it arrives to u?
i would understand if it is a piece of crap with the same power of the original... of if have a real mah of about 2500 or 3000..... from the NOMINAL 3500mah

Sure, no problem. How can I measure that though? All the widgets I've tried that display battery status, always measure 0 mA as current consumption. Is that some fault on my device or battery?

M0ME

Sep 4, 2009
Hi there,

I just found a 2430mAh "Gold battery"
Ebay Nr. 130568171907 (I'm not allowed to post outside links, yet)

It's supposed to be the same size as the original one.
Do you think this could be a good deal.
2430mAh seems to be a lot to me, compared to the original battery.

M0ME

Sep 4, 2009
Look at the negative ebay-feedback on the seller. A lot of the negative feedback is about the 2430 mAh batteries lasting less long then the original batteries.

yes... you are right.

My biggest worry about this battery would be the danger, that it could burn my phone, if the quality was too low.
If it's "just" not that long lasting as declared, it would be disappointing, but too upsetting.

I'm looking forward to hear what you got to tell @sgnao

Last edited:

zizouth

Feb 25, 2008
Tunis
I have just receive Andida 1980mAh battery from singapour after 2 week i have buy it , it is just fine very nice quality and work fine in my phone

cproaudio

Oct 28, 2007
I bought 2 3500mah extended battery for $9.99 each. 1 for backup. They work pretty well and lasts all day with heavy internet usage.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ... is already being worked on and is expected to become available in about 2 months, replied a representative of Mugen to my inquiry.

They shared no further details - I would guess about double-triple capacity than standard battery + enlarged back cover.
    do u like then your phone is bigger with 3500mah?

but yes, original battery crap;/ i want that i could play games all day without recharge, for example.
    Bought ProdiCell 1900mAH, fits as stock (no need any additional back-cover). Costs about 15$. Heavier than stock battery. Testing 3 already for 3 days. Lasts longer approx ~20-30%. Useful thing.
    Reporting about ProdiCell 1900MAh battery. Testing about week, surprisingly, phone lives longer for about 20-25% 0f time while active use. Using stock V21D, after night in stand by mode it still has ~95%, while been charged to 98. After watching 2D cinema for about an hour and 40 minutes, I still have 70-75%, think this is good result, no battery issue in general for me now.

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 AM ----------

Really sorry but I live in Italy and the product from Amazon can't be shipped to my country. Really really sad :( if someone can help, i will be really pleased.

Sgnao

Sent from my LG-P920h using XDA

Find third-party sides, I also bought not directly through amazon. Find people in USA, who can buy it and send it to you.:)
    please post the link or PM me please!!!!

schubeir

http://m.dealextreme.com/p/replacem...r-for-lg-p920-optimus-3d-p925-thrill-4g-92182

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app