[Q] Phone wont power on, or boot to download mode or recovery

Search This thread
Jul 15, 2014
I'm not sure what the heck happened. Flashed cwm to my sph-l720t and all was groovy. I was able to install CM 11 and update to the latest nightly. A few minutes ago the phone just powered off and it won't come back up. The battery is fully charged.

I can't power it up in any way with out having to take the battery out for a few minutes. After that I get one shot at powering it on or entering recovery mode.

If i hold vol down and the power button it enters the download mode but then shuts off. The same thing happens with recovery mode and booting normally.

Any ideas?

droidtom

Jul 14, 2014
I'm not sure what the heck happened. Flashed cwm to my sph-l720t and all was groovy. I was able to install CM 11 and update to the latest nightly. A few minutes ago the phone just powered off and it won't come back up. The battery is fully charged.

I can't power it up in any way with out having to take the battery out for a few minutes. After that I get one shot at powering it on or entering recovery mode.

If i hold vol down and the power button it enters the download mode but then shuts off. The same thing happens with recovery mode and booting normally.

Any ideas?
Try replacing the battery. Maybe borrow a friends battery just to test if that's the problem. My phone used to power on fine and almost full battery. It would shutoff suddenly so when I powered it on again it would show the battery still almost fully charged. This happend a few times and sometimes I noticed the battery level would drop for example was at 87% it shut off, powered it on and now showed 42%.. I replaced the battery and everything was A okay

Reactions: thiswasnttaken
Jul 15, 2014
steamer septyur

Try replacing the battery. Maybe borrow a friends battery just to test if that's the problem. My phone used to power on fine and almost full battery. It would shutoff suddenly so when I powered it on again it would show the battery still almost fully charged. This happend a few times and sometimes I noticed the battery level would drop for example was at 87% it shut off, powered it on and now showed 42%.. I replaced the battery and everything was A okay

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I've tried this already. Still no joy.

Jul 15, 2014
So I ended up bringing the phone to sprint. They said it was a software issue and gave me a new one. He also said there was a bad update or something but i wasn't on a stock rom so i'm not sure how true that is.

On the last device I rooted and installed clockwork mod using flashify. I then restored my backup of my old sph-l720 (non triband) and it worked for about a day then at some point it died and was stuck in the position mentioned in the OP. Does anyone thing that the phone bricked because of my restore method or because of some weird circumstances on sprint's end? I want to restore but don't want to brick it.

troyboytn

Sep 21, 2009
Knoxville
If that backup came from a non tri-band l720 S4, that is what happened to your l720t. Do not restore that backup to your new one if it is a l720t

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any ideas?