[ROM][05.08.13] Dynamics 2.2

Search This thread

Sensonic

Dec 11, 2007
Hellsinki
I'm surprised that they keyboard layout does not change simply by the fact that you have got a completely brand free handset running custom firmware and a custom rom, mabie the hardware itself tells the os what it is.

I will have a look and see what I can find out, my old touch pro had the option in the rom (custom rom) to set the keyboard, shame these don't.

OK, I'd really appreciate if you'd have some time to look at the hardware keyboard language settings, if there are any to be modified (there has to be!).

Another question about that Internet Sharing cab fix: is it universal fix or only HTC specific? I have an LG Quantum which came with AT&T ROM, i.e. it doesn't have internet sharing properties within its ROM. I updated the phone via ZUNE so the settings contain "Internet Sharing" but it won't work. If that cab fix is universal, then I could flash it to my LG Quantum and get internet sharing work.

steve_htc_wizard

Jan 13, 2008
OK, I'd really appreciate if you'd have some time to look at the hardware keyboard language settings, if there are any to be modified (there has to be!).

Another question about that Internet Sharing cab fix: is it universal fix or only HTC specific? I have an LG Quantum which came with AT&T ROM, i.e. it doesn't have internet sharing properties within its ROM. I updated the phone via ZUNE so the settings contain "Internet Sharing" but it won't work. If that cab fix is universal, then I could flash it to my LG Quantum and get internet sharing work.

I did have a quick look at the kerb oard settings and it does seen to have different layouts depending on what language you choose but don't know if it will fix your German keyboard with English top layer, just try playing around with it and see what happens.

As for the cabs, I have no idea if they are universal, I know that at least the htc's and samsungs can use them but other than that I wou8ld be guessing. I'm actually messing around with cab sender at the moment, in trying to install the android taskbar but keep getting errors.

my internet sharing has always worked on my phone so the share fix cab is something I've ignored, I would have a read on the topic the cab sender and see what devices they are compatible with, I have a feeling its just a os thing rather than a device thing but you do need to be unlocked

steve_htc_wizard

Jan 13, 2008
Something new about that the battery in the version 2.2 keeps much worse?

I tried the 2.2 rom but it did not seem much different from the 2.0 rom apart from apps missing that were in 2.0!
I had problems that caused me to reflash my phone to try and diagnose (turned out to be a network fault and not my phone at all)
And put 2.0 back on so I don't really know what the difference in battery life is. One thing I have noticed though is that since I've had the dynamics roms on my phone my screen randomly stops responding and I have to lock phone and unlock again via power button to make it respond again.

mionica

Jul 24, 2008
Dublin
I updated the phone via ZUNE so the settings contain "Internet Sharing" but it won't work.
I think that CAB is broken - either that, or it's device-specific (and I don't mean 7pro-specific).
For a couple of reasons:
  • if you look at CabSender's logs after (attempting to) update, you'll see clkfilt.dll was rejected - unknown file format or something similar
  • If you attempt to integrate the update into the ROM (with OSbuilder; XIP rebuilding mandatory!), OSbuilder will report a (deal-breaking) error
  • if you attempt to recmod that dll, you fail miserably
My suggestion: just ignore that cab. The fact that even OSbuilder rejects the file inside is quite telling (particularly since I have successfully done a couple of rebuilds of this ROM, playing with STK - which I couldn't get to work - and integrating StorageUnlock, which has a XIP module).

Come to think of it, that "dll" file is not a DLL at all - not a PE image. Which would be fine probably, given that in the ROM it's a module, rather than a file - except, well, whichever part of the SW on the 7pro is supposed to apply the patch (ULDR? no idea) has no notion of that file's format.

Last edited:

Sensonic

Dec 11, 2007
Hellsinki
I think that CAB is broken - either that, or it's device-specific (and I don't mean 7pro-specific).
For a couple of reasons:
  • if you look at CabSender's logs after (attempting to) update, you'll see clkfilt.dll was rejected - unknown file format or something similar
  • If you attempt to integrate the update into the ROM (with OSbuilder; XIP rebuilding mandatory!), OSbuilder will report a (deal-breaking) error
  • if you attempt to recmod that dll, you fail miserably
My suggestion: just ignore that cab. The fact that even OSbuilder rejects the file inside is quite telling (particularly since I have successfully done a couple of rebuilds of this ROM, playing with STK - which I couldn't get to work - and integrating StorageUnlock, which has a XIP module).

Come to think of it, that "dll" file is not a DLL at all - not a PE image. Which would be fine probably, given that in the ROM it's a module, rather than a file - except, well, whichever part of the SW on the 7pro is supposed to apply the patch (ULDR? no idea) has no notion of that file's format.

Well, I asked whether that CAB would be "universal", i.e. I could flash it to my LG Quantum which has an AT&T ROM and it's not equipped with internet sharing.

There's also an Australian ROM for that device and it contains internet sharing. I just wouldn't like to flash that ROM to my LG Quantum because then I would've to install all apps again. If there would be a CAB for that internet sharing, I could flash it to my device. That would be a whole lot easier.

The internet sharing of my HTC 7 Pro works just fine. But I'm still trying to find a flex cable ribbon for European HTC 7 Pro. The HTC Arrive flex cable ribbon has a different kind of connector and thus it's useless for me.

mionica

Jul 24, 2008
Dublin
Well, I asked whether that CAB would be "universal", i.e. I could flash it to my LG Quantum which has an AT&T ROM and it's not equipped with internet sharing.
I see. Sorry for my rambling; the short answer is no, it's not universal at all. It's a patch - not the entire internet sharing thing - and moreover it's ROM-specific, and apparently device-specific as well (doesn't seem to install properly on 7pro, but I assume it does on whatever wp7 phone ultrashot is using).

Also, internet sharing is an OS feature, so I don't think making a cab of that is possible at all. The .cab here is actually a patch to ultrashot's full unlock system, which is apparently required - on some devices - for internet sharing to actually work (it must be there in the first place).

As for the LG C900's aussie ROM, make sure you have an european firmware handy before attempting that. I have no idea whether the radio they ship there would work in .eu (reportedly, they're not as bad as US/Japan, but still using some awkward frequency bands)

Last edited:

Sensonic

Dec 11, 2007
Hellsinki
OK, now I tried the GPS of my HTC 7 Pro for the first time after flashing Dynamics 2.2. ROM to my device.
Doesn't seem to get a fix at all :(
So what's next???

kralikba

Feb 17, 2008
Hi,
The download link is no longer working. Could anyone please reupload the ROM for me? (Western one)

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts