Root Tmobile ???

Search This thread

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
HAHA. I was going to ask the same question.

I didn't realize how big this phone was until I held it in my hands (coming for G-Nex), but the thing that caught me off guard was the sheer speed. This phone is freaking FAST. Had it for couple of hours and I love it!!!!

Now waiting for Root.

simplelife

Jul 6, 2012
HAHA. I was going to ask the same question.

I didn't realize how big this phone was until I held it in my hands (coming for G-Nex), but the thing that caught me off guard was the sheer speed. This phone is freaking FAST. Had it for couple of hours and I love it!!!!

Now waiting for Root.
Heheheh.That's why i quit Iphone for awhile.Now waiting game...:D

JoJo2211

Sep 11, 2011
Root worked fine for me. Just be careful on roms.

why? both phones have the EXACT same chipset. i'm pretty sure you can flash n7100 stock firmware on t-mobiles and it would work. the reason why previous phones were not inter-flashable was because of the differetn chipset used. both n7100 and t889 use the SAME exynos chip. this should be fun. I'm ging to buy an AT&T and flash the N7100 to get rid of the bloat.

na7q

Apr 11, 2011
why? both phones have the EXACT same chipset. i'm pretty sure you can flash n7100 stock firmware on t-mobiles and it would work. the reason why previous phones were not inter-flashable was because of the differetn chipset used. both n7100 and t889 use the SAME exynos chip. this should be fun. I'm ging to buy an AT&T and flash the N7100 to get rid of the bloat.

they are probably different radios. just because they are the same chipset doesn't mean things will work properly. if they have different radios. which they should. flashing the international will mess up your radio. (baseband, modem, etc)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    T-Mobile USA GN2 T889 ROOTED

I can confirm that my GN2 has root installed CWM-Superuser-v3.1.3.zip is installed and SuperSU has been given root access/permission. Here are the steps that I used:

1. Use GalaxyNote2 TOOLKIT --> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1923956

2. After you install everything and get the TOOLKIT started at the Main Menu

3. Option 2

4. Option 4

5. Waiting for USB debugging to be enabled

Pushing CWM-Superuser-v3.1.3.zip to Internal Storage

6127 KB/s (1323978 bytes in 0.211s)

Do you have Custom Recovery on your phone? [type yes or no]:no

USB DEBUGGING MUST BE ENABLED IN SETTINGS, DEVELOPER OPTIONS BEFORE STARTING.
    The USB cable needs to be unplugged to do this. Just plug it back in afterwards.

====================================================================================

Are you ready to continue? [Type yes or no]:yes

Waiting for USB debugging to be enabled

Rebooting phone into Download Mode

When Odin opens you should see that the first box at the top under ID:COM should
    turn blue and 'Added' should appear in the message box in the bottom left of Odin.

====================================================================================
    1. Make sure 'Auto Reboot' and 'F.Reset Time' are ticked in Odin and nothing else.

2. Click on the PDA button in Odin and browse to the 'Galaxy Note2 ToolKit'
    folder, open the 'Recovery' folder, click on the file
    'recovery-cwm-6.0.1.4-n7100.tar'. Click the OPEN button to load it.

3. Make sure the file location is displayed next to 'PDA' and click on the START
    button to start flashing the image.

4. When the flash completes you should see 'RESET' in the top left and the box
    turns green. The phone will reboot. EXIT Odin so the ToolKit can continue.

Loading Odin Flash Tool. Set the ToolKit and Odin windows side by side and follow
    the above steps from the ToolKit.

Waiting for Device to be detected
    Rebooting phone to Recovery Mode..

1. Click on 'install zip from sdcard' and then 'choose zip from sdcard'.

2. Scroll down to CWM-Superuser-v3.1.3.zip and select it.

3. Click on 'Yes' to start the flash process.

4. After the flash completes click on 'Go Back' and then 'reboot system now'.

Press any key to return to the Main Menu..

6. Once you see ODIN turn either GREEN or BLUE you will know that it WORKED and please follow the instructions above. When you reboot back into Android you will see that SuperSU will ask for root access :)
    either recovery or odin....either one will work...dude....don't worry about it....i took your boot.img and created a tar file with it and my phone is working again!! you're the man!!!!

I'm uploading the folder on hotfile.
    There will be 3 parts (because I can only upload maximum 400MB/file with free account) with recover record in it to prevent problem when download.
    I have pm you an account and password to login and use file manager to download it easier.

Part 1: https://hotfile.com/dl/177410103/caf67c8/clockworkmod.part1.rar.html
    Part 2: https://hotfile.com/dl/177410403/8226bee/clockworkmod.part2.rar.html
    Part 3: https://hotfile.com/dl/177410538/23d070d/clockworkmod.part3.rar.html
    I can verify that root works with the toolkit on TMOUS SGH-T889. Selecting option 2, then option 4 [works on any build]. 5 minutes later, root and CWM.
    CONFIRMED WORKING!!

Used the bootloader file(THANK YOU!)

I'm back in action and have also rooted the phone

I have the SGH-T889v model

WOOHOOO!!!
    Root worked fine for me. Just be careful on roms.