[Theme]Miuiv5 Dark/Holo/Concept *XHDPI/HDPI* CM10.1/AOKP Theme Chooser *06/06/2013*

Search This thread

MorningStarGG

May 3, 2009
I see you now have an MIUI v6 theme are there any plans to update your older MIUI v5 Darkness theme to work correctly with Android 4.4.4? The dialer needs some major work.

jasonevil

May 9, 2010
Lincolnton, NC
I see you now have an MIUI v6 theme are there any plans to update your older MIUI v5 Darkness theme to work correctly with Android 4.4.4? The dialer needs some major work.

My key got corrupted that I signed this with, I do have a backup o. A thumb drive but it got misplaced when I moved last year. I'm trying to track it down so I can update. If and when I do, I'll fix.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sonyz7

MorningStarGG

May 3, 2009
My key got corrupted that I signed this with, I do have a backup o. A thumb drive but it got misplaced when I moved last year. I'm trying to track it down so I can update. If and when I do, I'll fix.

Is there no way to released a fixed apk here on XDA containing the fixes signed with a different key? It would at least be a temporary fix.

Reactions: Untot

MorningStarGG

May 3, 2009

I found it.....thank goodness. I'll have an update in a few days

OMG thank you so, so much I have been dying to use this theme again! :D

[GR]Frostbyte

Jan 9, 2012
Q3DM6
@jasonevil

Can you please update the holo theme when you find the time? I find this theme amazing, quite possibly the only decent miui approach (same goes for both your v5 and v6 attempts) - and I find the holo theme to be even more badass.
However right now I am forced to use the dark (orange theme) because the people.apk is unusable in holo, it's black letters on black background and you can't see anything. Other minor annoyances consist of two minor things in the messaging apk: 1) the green bar on top which should've been holo blue, and 2) the lack of any distinct borders (even discreetly) to separate the messages.

Should you fix those 3 things and have it CM11 ready, I would be more than grateful to have this badass theme.

PS: It might also be worthy to experiment painting the status icons to the holo blue color as well. To me seeing some portions being white, doesn't sit all that well.
PS2: Another neat idea would be to make the notification drawer's body transparent, as is done in the later v6 approaches of MIUI themes. (Many people don't like the flat colors, and prefer the v5 edition, but would certainly appreciate some transparent elements here and there)

Last edited:

pipoawas

Apr 18, 2010
A pitty, I like the Miui5 icons much more, because I'm not much into the current flatness craze, they do a disservice to today's screens (e.g. the O+O theme is absolutely horrible) and will surely fade away fast.
I'm not talking about going fully skeuomorphic, but gradients, shadows or a glowing effect, when well done can do much for a design, adding depth, 3D or at least a 'bump' feeling, evoque interactiveness and even sexyness (the sexyness Steve Jobs complained the 90's Apple didn't have anymore).
Today's flatness is just emptiness, sometimes with ugly colours to go with it. It's "clean" alright, though in a bad way, because it's devoid of everything.

Anyway congratulations for your good work, specially that exclusive Mi5 Holo theme, it looked great :)

elandune

Mar 28, 2011
I bought a Xiaomi mi5 (miui 7.4) and I want to use this theme
any way I can do?

I have used in my nexus4 for ages and I love it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    updatev5darkscreen.png

v5updateholoscreen.png

conceptpre.png

What is this?

This is a Dark,Holo or Concept Miui V5 based theme for the Tmobile theme chooser

What is themed?

Framework
    SystemUI
    Icons
    Contacts
    Deskclock
    Dialer
    GenieWidget
    Messaging
    Play Music(widget only at the moment)
    Settings

Instructions:

1. Download apk
    2. Place on the root of your sd card
    3. Using a file explorer, install the theme.
    4. Open theme chooser
    5. Select Theme
    6. You will get this error: "Sorry, this theme is missing assets for your device's screen size." Hit apply anyway
    7. Reboot
    8. Enjoy!

Special thanks goes to: djdarkknight96 for the inverse people and messaging :D

Download

*Changlog*

6/6/2013

Updated Darkness and Holo theme
    New graphics for headers, spinners, progress and scrubbers.
    took out theming for play music until i can get it sorted out. widget is still themed.
    fix white gradient error, on lighter settings menus
    new dialer images.
    various other minor fixes.

4/25/2013

Updated Dark V5 theme
    Rethemed Play Music, Notifications and quick toggles
    Themed in call screen. new dialer numbers
    Updated tons of graphics. Systemui and Framework.

4/02/2013

Added MIUI v5 Concept theme.

3/21/2013

Fixed Torch Toggle on P.A.C. rom
    Added Holo Blue version of the theme.

3/19/2013

Added support for AOKP
    fixed black text issue on MMS notifications(3 or more received)
    fixed 2.3 remnants from stock theme.

3/13/2013

Added more V5 images as well as some custom work.
    Changed status bar to black.
    cleaned up some code.
    *fixed* contacts for tablets....I think....let me know if it is.

3/6/2013

Added v5 dark theme.

2/27/2013

Changed Default wallpaper
    Added New Miui Icons
    various code cleanup

1/26/2013

Fixed background in Mms and settings.
    updated Darkness and holo themes :D

hope you enjoy....
    A quick preview of the concept version of miui v5. based off of the screenshots that were released first....will be out soon :D

conceptpre.png
    Dark version updated! :D

others will be updated soon.