Achotjan's Somc Debrand Engine Project Discussion Thread

Do you want to upgrade to Xperia Overlay?

• Hell No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

dekefake

Oct 28, 2013
Orleans, France
I see the SDE logo, but I still can't get into CWM recovery. The phone simply keeps rebooting.

Try to use another SD Card. What SD Card do you use ? How many space on it ? If it's rebooting, it's because, I think, the kernel fails to mount a partition, like /data for many of us. Maybe that is the problem. If you can't use SDE kernel, use FeraKernel JB :)

If the SD Card is the problem, backup your SD Card data, and plug in it in your Windows PC and launch Diskpart using Windows+R command.
you must type on diskpart the following commands. It will erase ALL DATA in your SD card:

list disk

select disk X ( X is the number of your SD card )

clean

exit

Your SD card, now, doesn't contain any partition. Plug it in your phone now and if you can reach the recovery, partition your SD on the recovery.

Hope this help for this problem :)

Reactions: chriscx

Dr Goodvibes

Dec 8, 2011
Cool. Nice screen shots.
ROM is a bit heavy on battery.
Otherwise I think Achotjan was on a winner.
Hope to see him back with an Android 4.3+ version of the SOMC Debranded Engine.
With a good battery life, I'd have both my XPERIA X10i running it.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Reactions: JeffreyPiket

JeffreyPiket

Jun 6, 2012
Bourtange
Those are screenshots of the E3 Cinematic Trailers of AC 1 to 3 played on Achotjan's Somc Debrand Engine in 1280x720 using HWA & MX Player. Sorry bro, still no awesome AC game for Android.

Reactions: Bigkiler5

Bigkiler5

Oct 11, 2012
jalandhar
Those are screenshots of the E3 Cinematic Trailers of AC 1 to 3 played on Achotjan's Somc Debrand Engine in 1280x720 using HWA & MX Player. Sorry bro, still no awesome AC game for Android.

Haha I searched after those shots and didn't find anything that superior. Btw gaming on this rom is too good. Better ram management will do the trick....

EzzyLupe

Nov 7, 2012
Khartoum
Who still have freexperia ROM? Or any mirror cuz link is deleted in the dev thread

Sent from my X10i using xda app-developers app

tkiafar

May 6, 2011
tkiafar.com
This is very strange.. i flashed kernel v.3 and booted up successfully, but the next restart stuck on bootloop.. since then no matter what kernel i flash, i can get to cmw and flash roms, but it reboots right after kernel is loaded.. i tried fera gb, cm10 v22, fera jb v4, even old stuck gb kernels with no luck. ive never faced such stubborn soft brick, gets me this feeling like somethings physically broken. one more thing when i flash dekefake's rom (based on achotjan) the kernel boots and shows the first two or three frames of boot animation, but then comes the green led and reboot again.. so frustrating, ive been messing up with this for 6 hours! any idea?

Dr Goodvibes

Dec 8, 2011
I don't give a damn! I LOVE X10!!! :cool::cool::cool:

I too have a thing for the Xperia X10 and bought a second cheap(USD44.00) one.
Bought a new digitizer(cheap) and full case/frame to restore it to new.

The 8MP camera and retro looks (hmmmm...chrome finishing) is all the X10i has going for it.. Oh and locked at GB 2.3 it has large cachable Google maps for offline too.
Mugen 1800mAh battery, SMS/MMS, telephony, email and calendar, means the phone could provide service for many years, but any demanding CPU/GPU processes will ultimately leave the user frustrated.

If Achotjan can provide a working Android 4.4.2 with camera, 720p video recording/viewing (Hardware Acceleration on a Adreno 200 required) and 'normal' battery life, the Xperia X10 could retain some bragging rights and add to it's functionality/use.
But really, all passion aside, the sun set on the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i years ago.

With camera and viewing angles improved, one probably should be saving for a Sony Xperia A2 (Xperia Z2 compact) or waiting for a 64bit chipset phone.

Pity the Xperia M (C1905/C2005) doesn't have an 8MP camera and 8GB of flash memory. *sigh*

Bigkiler5

Oct 11, 2012
jalandhar
I too have a thing for the Xperia X10 and bought a second cheap(USD44.00) one.
Bought a new digitizer(cheap) and full case/frame to restore it to new.

The 8MP camera and retro looks (hmmmm...chrome finishing) is all the X10i has going for it.. Oh and locked at GB 2.3 it has large cachable Google maps for offline too.
Mugen 1800mAh battery, SMS/MMS, telephony, email and calendar, means the phone could provide service for many years, but any demanding CPU/GPU processes will ultimately leave the user frustrated.

If Achotjan can provide a working Android 4.4.2 with camera, 720p video recording/viewing (Hardware Acceleration on a Adreno 200 required) and 'normal' battery life, the Xperia X10 could retain some bragging rights and add to it's functionality/use.
But really, all passion aside, the sun set on the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i years ago.

With camera and viewing angles improved, one probably should be saving for a Sony Xperia A2 (Xperia Z2 compact) or waiting for a 64bit chipset phone.

Pity the Xperia M (C1905/C2005) doesn't have an 8MP camera and 8GB of flash memory. *sigh*

Lol you took it to discussion thread haha good hob anyways. And yeah achotjan's xperia overlay seems promising. I saw the vid of xperia xar running XO. It was so damn smooth and beautiful. But the problem is our phone has got much lower specs than the ray. All we have in common is 8mp camera and same screen resolution. Even 8mp on x-ray is better than 8mp on x10

Dr Goodvibes

Dec 8, 2011
I note on 02-MAY-2014 Achotjan's XDA account is now disabled.

I read a lot of posts complaining about making a donation for Achotjan's earlier release of KK 4.4 for Xperia 2011 devices prior to the 'release' version.

KK 4.4.2 AND intrigue... never a dull moment. :eek:

Bigkiler5

Oct 11, 2012
jalandhar
I note on 02-MAY-2014 Achotjan's XDA account is now disabled.

I read a lot of posts complaining about making a donation for Achotjan's earlier release of KK 4.4 for Xperia 2011 devices prior to the 'release' version.

KK 4.4.2 AND intrigue... never a dull moment. :eek:

But other devs did that too. Look at dixperia he had free roms and paid roms for 40$ that **** was expensive. That's why i never tried that. Maybe XO team wanted to be as famous as CM and AOKP but the initial marketing move was just not smart enough i guess

Dr Goodvibes

Dec 8, 2011
But other devs did that too. Look at dixperia he had free roms and paid roms for 40$ that **** was expensive. That's why i never tried that. Maybe XO team wanted to be as famous as CM and AOKP but the initial marketing move was just not smart enough i guess

True.
Hope this hasn't derailed/scuttled the Xperia X10 KK 4.4 overlay.

It's not as if the the forum is awash with Xperia X10i developers at this time.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Dr Goodvibes

Dec 8, 2011
@MarioJerkovic

Is there an Xperia Overlay for the Xperia X10i still in development?

Normally I don't pester developers, however there has been developments which may have an impact on ongoing development of the Xperia Overlay project.

So this is just a respectful status update query for the Xperia Overlay for an Xperia X10.

Achotjan did indicate the Xperia X10 was still in development some weeks ago.

Thank you and your team for your ongoing work.

MarioJerkovic

Jul 12, 2012
Zagreb
@MarioJerkovic

Normally I don't pester developers, however there has been developments which may have an impact on ongoing development of the Xperia Overlay project.

So this is just a respectful status update query for the Xperia Overlay for an Xperia X10.

Yes it's still in development,as there is still thing to fix on Xperia 2011 and when those bug's are fixed you can expect XO for X10 :)
Those bugs are: No importing contact's from sim to phone, camera FC when shooting video, visual glitches in web view, etc

8hodgsonkh

Jan 16, 2014
Carlisle
@MarioJerkovic

Hey der, you enlighten me with your long essays about the x10.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome To Achotjan's Somc Debrand Engine Project Discussion Thread

3433_478582732162804_1037388495_n.jpg

This thread is created to separate non development posts from Achotjan's Development thread and to keep the development thread clean!!!

What can you post here:
    -Anything related to Achotjan's Somc Debrand Engine Pjoect
    -Installation Problems
    -Kernel Issues
    -Bug Reports
    -Miscellaneous Issues
    -All Noob Questions
    -Useful Tips & Tricks

What you can't post here!!!:
    -Requests for ETA of new releases. Just sit back and wait!
    -Requests for Mirrors of Achotjan's work, or if he or someone else could upload it somewhere else. It is also not allowed to bother other members for another way to get Achotjan's new work! Respect the disicision of the Developers!!!

What's NOT allowed in the development thread:
    -Thanks, Thank You or +1 (stop it, it's annoying! just hit the THANKS button if someone else has helped you)
    -Reporting a bug that's already been reported (please read the thread thoroughly before posting)
    -Reporting a bug on previous versions (Achotjan is developing new roms and kernels, not old ones!) (you can report it here in the discussion thread!)
    -If you plan on downloading the new release, no need to mention it in the development thread! Just download it and report any potential bug
    -Requests for ETA of new releases. Just sit back and wait!
    -Requests for Mirrors of Achotjan's work, or if he or someone else could upload it somewhere else. It is also not allowed to bother other members for another way to get Achotjan's new work! Respect the disicision of the Developers!!!

Tips:
    Before installing and before you start flooding this and/or the development thread with bug reports and questions be sure to read both the development and discussion thread thoroughly and make sure you follow the guide provided to you in Achotjan's OP. ALWAYS follow HIS! installation steps!

Credits Go To:

-Achotjan for his great work and his support
    -FeraVolt for his hard work and support
    -scritch007 for their hard work and for supporting Achotjan & Ferat
    -Tof37 for their hard work and for supporting Achotjan & Ferat
    -DooMLoRd for his amazing doomkernel v6 and all of his other great works
    -Arnold.Alexius for his work (without his CM/FXP discussion room i never would have thought of this thread)
    -Ultimategeppie for his advise, help and support
    -Dr. Goodvibes for his huge help and support
    -EzzyLupe for his support
    -Everyone else who i did not have mentioned for their help and support

Please be carefull in the way you're asking. People can easily interpret your question as a demand.
    And with this, you are also reducing the chance of getting an answer to your question.

Kind regards and: no offence intended in any way.
    Just trying to be helpfull.

UltimateGeppie.

A huge thanks to Ultimategeppie for this very useful post!

Thank You and Have Fun!
    @MarioJerkovic

Yes it's still in development,as there is still thing to fix on Xperia 2011 and when those bug's are fixed you can expect XO for X10 :)
    Those bugs are: No importing contact's from sim to phone, camera FC when shooting video, visual glitches in web view, etc
    One day battery idle test

Battery use over 1 day and 20 minutes was 8% where phone was left to idle without use. (with my configuration)

Was surprised how much battery was used by Telephony with good cell coverage compared to application use during 1 day at idle.
    Also, was expecting a larger percentage of deep sleep, but 68% is still good.

I have seen 6-7% battery use over one day on GB 2.3 ROMs
    I have seen 9% battery use on an XPERIA S with 1750mAh battery on JB 4.1.2 running the same 1 day idle test.

This places the SDE ROM/Kernel within the norms of expected battery use for this configuration.

Battery Use

ROM: SDE RC3
    Kernel: SDE v4
    Battery: 1800mAh Mugen Power
    Battery Use: 8%
    Time: 1d 20m
    Deep Sleep State: 68.4%
    Telephony: 98.6% out of 100% used
    Screen: 0.4% out of 100% used
    WiFi: 0% out of 100% used
    Applications: 0.8% out of 100% used

Environmental Conditions

UMTS cell tower signal strength: -81dBm
    WiFi signal strength: -70dBm
    3G data is turned off and only used when WiFi is not available.
    WiFi is active when the screen is on and/or the phone has DC power.
    Location Service disabled.

SetCPU profile "Screen off" uses the following:
    Max Frequency: 537MHz
    Min Frequency: 192MHz
    Governor: Powersave
    I/O: cfq

Default CPU is set to the following:
    Max Frequency: 1113MHz
    Min Frequency: 245MHz
    Governor: SmartAssH3
    I/O: cfq

Active Services:

• Settings
    • Business Calandar
    • SetCPU
    • Google Play
    • GSam Battery Monitor
    • Xperia extensions
    • SDE Control
    • Google Play services
    • Xperia Keyboard

attachment.php

Overall, there is nothing to indicate poor battery use when the phone is at idle in a good cell coverage area.
    Everyone's experience will be different due to their own configurations.

The real unknown is how the battery is used with 16M colour and JB ROM as this is a 'big' move away from the traditional GB 2.3 ROMs.
    @Tof37 what's the changes of a test version of the Kernel working with SOMC ROM???? ...Please...

hmmm ... Maybe it needs ion ;) and almost needs to boot :) actually it doesn't .. but hope to find why
    I've reads somewehere that you can avoid the bootloop by installing ROM after flashing kernel, instead of switching kernel on existing ROM. Maybe worth a shot.

@Ultimategeppie is correct.

Download the ROM.zip to your XPERIA X10i micro SD card.

Power off the phone.

Flash the Kernel using flashtool from a PC and then boot the Kernel and use the volume up button to enter CWM recovery when the notification LED flashes.

Clear /data, /cache and dalvik cache.

Using CWM recovery install the ROM.zip from your Micro SD card.

Now re-boot the phone and enjoy.

[update]

Using Achotjan's SDE Kernel I note that you can use volume up/down and the back button to enter CWM recovery v6.0.2.8.

If you're testing and already have a preferred ROM/Kernel which you want to return to, I suggest a CWM backup prior to installing Achotjan's SDE.

When and if you want to return to your old ROM/Kernel after testing, then just install your old Kernel, which normally includes CWM recovery and perform a restore.